• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I did not. Most of us are still on Mentos.

If it'll get you to put a vote down, I'll count it up myself.

Oh, but one other thing, Mayling, were you going to back off from Meta-Kirby?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Not that I'm surprised or anything, but for God's sake Cello, directing night actions? You really don't see how scum could use everything you just said to their advantage? Descibing your playstyle as "bonkers" doesn't get you out of doing incredibly scummy **** like that.

Whoever has the PRs, please do not do what Cello says. Make up your own mind, and do whatever you want to.

*facepalm*

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
UNOFFICIAL Votecount:
Meta-Kirby (3) McFox, Bunglefever, Cello_Marl
Cello_Marl (2) Kirbyoshi, Meta-Kirby
Kirbyoshi (1) Cacti
mentosman8 (3) NoDAWG, KevinM, Mayling
KevinM (1) Macman

Not voting (3) Xonar, mentosman8, Omis

@McFaux (yes, I'm aware of the real pronunciation): And yet, Ghebcus received no reprimand for trying to manipulate the Witch. Don't try to say it was because of the higher stakes in play because of Mentos's "claim". Trying to get him/her to shoot an inactive is easily as exploitable as what I said.

On that note, explain to me exactly how what I said could be exploited by the wolves.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did not. Most of us are still on Mentos.

If it'll get you to put a vote down, I'll count it up myself.

Oh, but one other thing, Mayling, were you going to back off from Meta-Kirby?
Well at that point MK had promised he would post the next day. I was waiting for that. Don't think he ever posted back until it was to attack you.

However, I really think he's our best lynch candidate toDay.

unvote, vote Metakirby

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why are people considering killing the most active player in this game right now?

So anything happened worth noting? I won't be online for long and don't really have reading time.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I reprimanded you because you piss me off. Pretty much simple as that. Although it should be fairly obvious that what I just said applies to anything anyone else said too.

I'll go into detail whenever my Internet comes back. It's starting to go out randomly, and trying to actually play on my iPhone would suck.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Not much. McFox is showing just how hypocritical he's being, and MK is considered the "best" lynch for now.

If you are OK with MK, you might as well vote for him. Day is over in 16 and a half hours.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Also, May, just to be sure, I was talking about McFox's claim to fame; his belief that you were backing off from MK, so he took up the slack. Is that true?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well I'll be gone for a while after I'm off for bed, so I dunno about hammering/voting.

Besides, being hypocritical was never an argument.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, May, just to be sure, I was talking about McFox's claim to fame; his belief that you were backing off from MK, so he took up the slack. Is that true?
Well at that point MK had promised he would post the next day. I was waiting for that. Don't think he ever posted back until it was to attack you.

^ this is why I "backed off."

I was waiting for his response. I guess Mcfox saw that as me backing off.

Tho I was a little afraid I was tunneling at that point.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ghebcus just has to wait to prevent his buddy's death.

Kevin, Macman, Omis, come back to MK please.

Kirbyoshi, you can't seriously think that a No Lynch is better than Meta-Kirby. Think of it this way, if you still think I'm scum; if MK is town, then you have a much better case against me. If he's scum, then, yay!

Mentos can make up his own mind as to whether he wants to piss off the wolves or town.

Cactatoon won't be able to catch up in time, but I'd certainly appreciate it if he put his vote on MK.

Xonar is just stupid for not committing, but anyone that tries to follow his example is scummy as ****.

Omis is great.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Votecount:
Meta-Kirby (5) McFox, Bunglefever, Cello_Marl, Mayling, Omis
mentosman8 (2) NoDAWG, KevinM
Cello_Marl (2) Kirbyoshi, Meta-Kirby
Kirbyoshi (1) Cacti
KevinM (1) Macman

Not voting (2) Xonar, mentosman8

A majority 7 of 13 votes is required to lynch.
The day will end at the latest on Thursday, February 18th, Noon EST.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And since I've got the time, and since you want to discuss waffling, let's discuss it, shall we? *APPENDATION* This is the post I was writing about an hour ago when my internet shut off.*

Specifically, I'm responding to this:

Cello said:
You should work as a cook, Mr. McButter-up Waffles.
Cello said:
Something's been bugging me for a while now; even though Mentos is so scummy, why would he allow his scummates to attach themselves to his hip the way they have? In the way that they have and with their timing, he would not. They were playing off of each other. Mentos is the Piper.

Ghebcus, Kirbyoshi, and Metakirby thought they were trying to appear in defense of a townie.

~~~[later in the post]~~~

I think Macman, McFox, and Xonar are town.
So mentos is the Piper, Nodawg, Kirbyoshi, and MK are the wolves. Mac, myself, and Xonar are town. Gotcha.

And just so we're clear, in a later post you said

I'm was refining my opinions, but right now I like where it is at.

~~~

I'm saying that I find Mentos, Kirbyoshi, MetaKirby and Ghebcus all scummy, but while I had been operating under the assumption that Mentos was a wolf, I think what has been said and that has occured makes a lot more sense if he's the Pied Piper. That would make the other three the wolves.
So, that is definitely who you think the wolves are. And as we all know, changing your mind about things is inherently scummy.

But wait, are you really, really sure that they're scum? I mean, you could just have a strong feeling, but as we all know, having strong feelings is never as good as being right. So are you absolutely-

Cello said:
I'm going to regret this...

Mayling said:
are you really that certain they're all wolves/scum?
Yes.
Okay, well, I guess that's it guys. The game is won. Cello is certain that Nodawg, Kirb, and MK are the wolves, and that mentos is the piper. Let's just vote these people out one-by-one and call it a day.

Except woops! Everything you've been saying recently contradicts a lot of this.

My point with this is not to say that you are scum Cello, just to point out that you do exactly the same thing. Implicating me for changing my mind about things sometimes is far more hypocritical than anything I've done.

Well, at least you didn't change your mind about anything after only a single post, right? I mean man, it's okay to change your mind, but after one post? That just shows you have no resolve at all:

Cello said:
However, his critique on Kirbyoshi just now (who was really in no danger), has changed my opinion of him for the better. By quite a bit.
Hmm. Well anyway, here's something else I want to address:

Cello said:
You set up Mentos for a future lynch later, while saying that you don't think he's a good lynch candidate!
This doesn't even make any sense. Let's look at this statement from the hypothetical scenario that I am scum. I set up mentos for a future lynch, while saying that he isn't a good candidate for today. So then we have to go with other hypotheticals: is mentos scum, or is he town? And then the further hypotheticals, is MK scum or town?
  • If mentos and MK are both scum: then I'm postponing bussing mentos so that I can continue to bus MK.
  • If mentos is scum and MK is town: then I'm postponing bussing mentos in order to push really hard for the mislynch of a vanilla townie. If mentos had some kind of scum PR (such as roleblocker or what have you), then this might have merit.
  • If mentos is town and MK is scum: then I'm saving a town PR by continuing to bus a fellow scummate.
  • If mentos is town and MK is town: then I'm saving a town PR by continuing to push for the lynch of a vanilla instead.
Now, let's look at those again from a town-McFox viewpoint:
  • If mentos and MK are both scum: then I'm postponing lynching one scum in favor of another who has a better case against him.
  • If mentos is scum and MK is town: then I've made a mistake. But I've also said that I would be willing to lynch mentos.
  • If mentos is town and MK is scum: then I'm saving a town PR to lynch a werewolf.
  • If mentos is town and MK is town: then I'm saving a town PR while getting a vanilla lynched instead.
MK is the better lynch for today. The reason I've been skeptical about mentos is because this is how he always plays. However, I'd be willing to lynch him tomorrow if need be.

Also Cello, Appeal to Emotion much?

You set up Mentos for a future lynch later, while saying that you don't think he's a good lynch candidate!
You should work as a cook, Mr. McButter-up Waffles.
Also, the very last *****-fest is complete and UTTER BULL****.
How dare you try to demoralize us by making such a blatantly hypocritical statement?!
You talk like you came in like a shining beacon of hope
You didn't do jack **** for the case against MK!
You had a nice little back and forth, but by that point every major point had been made!
Did you suddenly realize that I haven't actually done anything scummy but you wanted to push for my lynch anyway? You say I'm hypocritical, when you haven't actually backed that up by saying how.

*APPENDATION* And now, on to the more recent stuff.

Witch, for God's sake use the Life Potion toNight. If the wolves target Mentos and the option to save him appears, let the liar die. Mentos, watch someone tonight, if you really can. The Real Little Girl should watch me. I think I've stirred up enough to get killed over it.
If the wolves target mentos and the option to save him appears, wouldn't that mean he was telling the truth? I don't see how it makes him a liar.

I don't really want to do this, but I do it hoping that no one listens to you anyway:

So here are the night actions you have set up:

Witch: Use Life Potion to monitor who is going to die. If mentos is the kill target, let him die.

mentos: watch Cello.

So, here is the wolf plan from that:

Kill: mentos. Now, the witch sees that the kill target is mentos and lets him die (not that she could save him anyway, if he's telling the truth). The witch keeps her potion, and the wolves get another kill. Does the Witch get to try and use her Life Potion twice in one night? Doubtful. So now the wolves have earned two kills because we handed it to them.

Instead, what if mentos decides to stay home? The Witch sees that mentos is the kill target, and decides against what you said to save him? Now we have no Night Kill at all. Instead of two night kills, we have zero.

That's how the wolves could use it to their advantage.

Cello said:
McFox is showing just how hypocritical he's being,
HOW. Explain.

Also, even though Mayling just confirmed what I thought, it doesn't matter if she was actually backing off or not. The point is that I thought that she was, so I jumped in to extend the case. If you really believe that MK is scum, then this is some hardcore bussing.

I'm going to make it a point not to play in any more games with you Cello. You manage to piss me off whether you actually decide to play or not.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stupid for not committing?

I won't lay a vote if there are so many options still open, especially because I'll be going to bed between now and ~15 mins, and won't be online afterwards.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
McFox, those last posts are the very sort of play that makes me think you're scum.
This is actually the opposite of how I see it. His last few posts seemed abnormally genuine.

Gonna read the rest of the thread now.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for the explanation on how pushing for someone who I legitimately think is scum is hypocritical, especially coming from someone who called me a waffler.

M.K

Level 55
I understand my position at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm expecting my own lynch to come tomorrow and....well, you know, I AM disappointed, but I feel that my efforts should NOW best be put to sharing my concerns so that the remaining town members can make the correct decisions in the future.
Here are my suspicions of everyone. They are ranked 1- probably not scum, 2- shows areas of scummy behavior and 3- Most Likely Scum
**In no particular order, simply going down the player list =)**

Macman - 1

His push for a non-quick hammer and thorough scum hunting through the days; methinks he is town. However, it should be noted that he did (on multiple occasions) simply respond to posts with "Oh yeah, that's what I think as well" sort of statement, which may be a little fishy. But then again, he's had some good posts and I'm getting a townie vibe.

No One Agrees With Gheb -2

I'm going to say 2, but it's probably more like 1.5 or something along those lines. There have been times where I was impressed with what he/they have had to say, and there have also been times where I'm a little confused. Interesting thing to note, he said he was "100% against lynching mentos" on Day 1, so when I flip town, keep this into consideration please.. Other than that, I'd say that he's scumhunting, but I feel some sort of slip coming in the future...keep an eye on these two

Mentosman8 - 2

I'm tempted to say that I do believe his claim. My reasoning, however, is actually confusing me even more. He might have just taken a bigger risk by attempting to choose one of the roles that might or might not be in game, and just got lucky? From anyone who has played with him before, is this typical, or does he play safe? Please keep this in mind for the future days. at 13 posts, he currently stands above ONLY Cacti in terms of Players, and Cacti has replaced out. Something to consider?
**Kirbyoshi voted Mentos for Sheriff

Kirbyoshi - 3

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that he is scum. In fact, I'd bet money on that fact. I'm not sure I've seen a single post from him that I myself would find helpful. Often he acknowledges his weaknesses (flip-flopping on Macman Day 1). This, to me, looks like scum who saw a mistake in a previous post, and decided to cover his tracks. That, and the fact that he has just 1 more post than I do in this game (a.k.a, fail dedication Dx)
**Kirbyoshi votd Mentos for Sheriff based on past games AFTER everyone had established the "No Sheriff Vote" proposition

Omis - 1

I haven't really gotten any strong vibes. In my opinion, scum would happily want to get rid of someone as early as possible; those who tried to delay my lynch (thank you, alot, by the way) appear townie in my eyes. Omis didn't want to hammer me, and wanted to see a vote count first. Once I posted something of worth, he backed off. I don't think scum would back off that late in the day.

Cacti - 3

He's obviously got something to hide with a grand total of less posts than everyone else in the competition. WATCH WHOEVER PLACES IN VERY VERY VERY CAREFULLY. He has played extremely liberally and has lurked mostly day 1. Please do not become fixated on one individual who participates more than another, because someone who has not participated can still be scum.

Xonar - 2

That self-vote at the beginning of the game will make me stick a 2 up here. For myself, I'm stuck between two possibilties. 1) You wanted people to follow suit and posted a vote for yourself in hopes of it snowballing or 2) You simply made the mistake of being "that guy" who voted for himself BEFORE the No Sheriff Proposition and became public enemy #1. I'd say watch Xonar; he's one of the most actively participating members; still, that doesn't exactly mean he's town. I simply like the fact that someone has decided to not be inactive here.

Cello Marl - 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

See my previous post on this scumbag HERE.. I'm so sure of it, I am SO sure of it.

Bunglefever - 1

I get townie vibes. Originally, this was Today, who was targeted by many (and myself) for being inactive. However, Bungle has picked up the slack from that, and I'm still sensing a sort of...town-ish vibe. Maybe I sense town PR. I can't seem to think he's just normal vt.

KevinM - 2

Watch the one-liners on this one. Although he can influence the game with a snap of his fingers, you really need to watch out, because even with these short "____ needs to die" statements, he can cruise by EVEN WITH influencing the crowd. Kevin is a GOOD PLAYER: better to take him out early than suffer a fate worse than death.....kevin-death, which seems to be more painful....seemingly. ._.

Mayling -1

You know, despite everything, I still think you're town. I looked at our back-and-forths as if I were scum, and I could tell you were adamant about pushing for the correct lynch. Obviously, you didn't get the person quite correct today (='() However, you clearly pegged several mistakes IN my arguments that were, in fact, scumtells. I feel like, as soon as you lock on to scum in the days to come, you'll get them for sure =)

McFox - 2

I don't know about this one either. He seems to have come out of nowhere late in the game and stampeded his way into conversations and decisions, only to claim that it was his doing in the first place. I didn't see enough from him early in the day, which could mean several things; he has connections with players that were targetted earlier, and didn't wan tot get wrapped up in those affairs, he was V/LA (was it him or Kevin?) or he was waiting for a chance to pounce on a townie at the moment they said it. His adamancy for voting out should be duly noted. The phrase "You have to be lynched at this point" put me off, but I CAN SEE what he's saying. Still, I'd say I'm about at 2.1-2.5 with this one.

General Town Tips:

Please, please, please, please don't get fixated on one individual and try your hardest to get them lynched in the future. I think town needs to broaden their horizons; I feel like multiple townies should investigate multiple suspects at once. When a true blue lead comes up, there should be enough evidence to support it before more people join in on the voting. I am rooting for town to win, even though they wrongfully lynched me, I hope to be AS USEFUL AS POSSIBLE before I die...horribly....by a Slowbro stampede [/lol?]

Good luck town in the future; I'm sad to say I won't be there T_T But I'm with you in spirit!!! :D

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
MetaKirby: You do realize that if you think both McFox and I are scum, that we would be scummates?

Does that make sense to you?

M.K

Level 55
MetaKirby: You do realize that if you think both McFox and I are scum, that we would be scummates?

Does that make sense to you?
I put a 2 besides McFox for a reason: 2 means showing scummy behavior. You also must realize that I'm thinking of numerous scum teams; it's possible that someone I have as a 1 is scum and I'm wrong. In essence, your scenario presents one of infinity different calculations. I'm simply trying to share my opinion on individuals AS individuals.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
But, you're so absolutely sure that I am scum.

So, any scum team you think of must include me, right?

M.K

Level 55
But, you're so absolutely sure that I am scum.

So, any scum team you think of must include me, right?
Yes, I (me, myself, the person who you are speaking to) believe you are scum.
And no, this is where your logic falters again.

Let me put this in terms of something...easier.
There are 10 horses in a horse race. I place all of my money on Horse 1 because I believe he will win. I also place a little bit of money on Horses 2, 4, and 6, noting that they have qualities about them that could usurp Horse 1 for the win. However, when it comes time for the race, Horse 9 actually ends up winning.

The possibility of me being wrong exists; therefore, the possibility of a scumteam not involving you is still viable. I'm simply stating what I am currently believing, whether it is right, wrong, indifferent, or incredibly sexy. <--yes.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Cello.

How.

Am.

I.

Hypocritical.

Please phrase your answer in the form of a post in this thread. Preferably one that makes sense, but I'll take pretty much anything at this point.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
gfk;ljna'lkgh'a g
a phkg adf
hka
d halkdfh
padfj
adfjnhp
ajrh
poaj ad pirjyhp
ojtpjha
dojhp
aodjh
padhp jadphjptrijphiajtphimaiothj a

a hupjrtahpjth
poajethpna pi

There. That is my response to you.

Although I'll put a real one up later.

After I've conferred with my scummates.

LOL.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Madness?!?!?!

THIS

IS

MADNESS!!!!

someone hammer MK so this stops

altho if mk srsly flips town i wish he put this much effort way beforehand

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Fine. I'll finish this with McFox toMorrow, too.

unvote vote Meta-Kirby

Witch, for God's sake use the Life Potion toNight. If the wolves target Mentos and the option to save him appears, let the liar die. Mentos, watch someone tonight, if you really can. The Real Little Girl should watch me. I think I've stirred up enough to get killed over it.

Omis, put your ****ed vote on someone. There's less than 18 hours in the ****ed DAY.
still not done reading

but if mentos was scum, how would mafia even try to kill him? This is such a dumb plan and only works if mentos was the indy fakeclaiming.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
LOL you guys are just being dumb now.
I'll hammer b4 the deadline.

in the meantime, peoples thoughts on Kevin?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
The Witch should ask Pierre privately if the Potion of Life is used, and the Werewolves choose to Night Kill the Little Girl, would he/she be told the identity of the second Night Kill target and be given a chance to save that person?

I called McFox hypocritical because he didn't get onto Ghebcus over trying to direct the Witch's powers, but he did get onto me for the same thing. I actually forgot why I did it in the first place, so I had to go find it. Now I remember why I forgot. It's because he ninja'd me with his comment that not directing the PRs should apply to everyone. However, that still doesn't explain why he never got onto Ghebcus any of the times that he did.

The PoL is a far safer choice for N1, especially since we know the Witch keeps it if he/she doesn't use it. Using the PoL ensures that the Witch gets to use both of her potions, whereas it is possible that he/she will get NKed otherwise.

If Mentos "decides to stay home for the good of the town", then we will be left forever wondering whether or not he is a wolf or Piper that's masquerading. McFox is trying to create a situation where we would have to lynch him for informational purposes. One that I would personally be interested in doing, but one that would seem a bad idea for town from a scum perspective. By having him watch me, we produce a tempting target that would destroy him if he is the Piper, and that could help suggest his innocence if he is truthful.

I am the Fortune Teller. Better to cast away useless pride now, than risk Town's destruction.

If Mentos can tell who I target toNight, I'll be more inclined to believe him. Further, now that it is known that I am the Fortune Teller, I am certainly a juicy target now. If the wolves decide that they would be better off targeting me, then Mentos will be able to tell us one of the Wolves' names.

Also, people. The Who Posted? Link. Ignore it. It doesn't mean anything. I tried to show twice why it is unreliable, but it didn't take to all of you.

Macman, that's exactly what I think is the case, that Mentos is indy, and I think Kevin is the VI.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, Omis. Do you actually believe Mentos?

Besides, that statement has no ****ing bearing on current events. Say something useful or shut the **** up.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
And if you meant about Kevin, then why should I not at this point? I just outed my role; it should be obvious to everyone why I was fishing the way I was. Plus, I'd rather not waste my actions on people if I don't have to. Originally, I was going to investigate McFox to show to Macman that he was town, but now I might target Kevin if he doesn't soft or hard claim.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Cello, I really wish you'd stop contributing and doing what you think is best for town. It's so annoying.

God.

/sarcasm.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote Mentos

Would rather not lynch MK. But considering we have no choice I'll vote him.

Vote MK

Don't take this as a copout if he flips town or whatever, i'm not the flippy floppy voter.

Top Bottom