• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Betrayal of the highest order!

Biggest props of all go to the flavor. I thought I should have gone all out with my Day 2 lie, but I just didn't have it in me. Next time, I'll lie the whole way through!

...I wonder if anyone else is checking up on this anymore?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
PS:

Me/Tom/Marshy/others who were watching the game thought Cello was playing very good and that it was town's over-resistance to him that ended up losing it for them. In the very beginning he did have scum pinned early and his Day 2 gambit had Mayling on her toes. However town's unwillingness to accept his play forced him into bad positions with town when he was really the only one doing a good job. [Although we also thought town was dumb as hell not electing a sheriff but whatevz.]

Scum played well though. :D

Pierre the Scarecrow said:
Fortune Teller: Cello_Marl

Witch: No one agrees with Gheb

Hunter: Omis

Idiot: KevinM

Villager: Xonar, Cacti, Macman, Kirbyoshi, Meta-Kirby

Piper: McFox

Werewolf: Mayling, mentosman8, Today

Event: Election!
Circumstance: Game begins
Description: The players are given the ability to elect a Sheriff, whose vote will count double. This will not increase the total number of votes required for a lynch. The player elected will receive the Sheriff ability without losing all of their other abilities. If that player is killed, he can choose either to pass along the role to a player of his choosing or to allow the power to die with him. Sheriff is elected by majority/plurality vote in 4 days.

Event: Dissatisfaction!
Circumstance: Lynch of the Sheriff; two consecutive incorrect lynches
Description: The players are notified that if they lynch incorrectly again, they will be given a second chance of sorts - a secret ballot will be held where everyone sends in the name of the player they wish to lynch. Once all names are sent in, that player will be lynched, and all votes will be revealed. There can be no discussion during this time, and No Lynch is not allowed during the special vote.

Event: Harvest Festival!
Circumstance: Day begins after death of a Werewolf
Description: The players all get drunk and celebrate both the harvest and a successful lynch. All players will be randomly divided into groups of two and given quicktopics. They may post in those quicktopics anonymously to discuss the game with their new partner during the remainder of that Day. Quicktopics cannot be linked to or quoted in the thread, and lovers and werewolves are advised not to share their quicktopics to avoid logging multiple IPs on the page.

Event: It Surely Isn't He!
Circumstance: Day begins with other circumstances applicable
Description: The voting format will change to schoolyard pick in which the last player not chosen as "safe" will be lynched. Players can unvote and revote as desired, but once only one player is not chosen as "safe," he is lynched and the day ends. If deadline reaches without a lynch, a No Lynch occurs (in which case the Scapegoat's restriction still applies).

Event: Somnambulism!
Circumstance: Living player posts during the Night phase
Description: The Little Girl must forego her investigation that night, and the target of the Fortune Teller is announced in the morning.

Event: Quick Shot!
Circumstance: The Hunter is lynched
Description: The Hunter is given 24 hours to make a shot with his bow and arrow, killing one player of his choice before he dies.

Event: O Happy Dagger!
Circumstance: One lover is killed
Description: The other lover takes their own life.

Event: Shame!
Circumstance: Lynch of the Sage
Description: All power roles lose their ability permanently, with exception of the Piper and the Sheriff.

Event: The Touch of Death!
Circumstance: Someone is mod-killed
Description: Someone is mod-killed.

Event: Trump of Doom
Circumstances: The Piper wins the game
Description: All other players are lead to their deaths and the Piper remains the last man standing.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yah, cello scared us in that he had may pegged but no one was following him so keeping him around was in our interests :D

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Huh. I actually didn't know you guys'd die as well. Oh well.

mentos, that was an amazing claim. I definitely wouldn't have had the guts to try that. I thought for sure you really were the Girl (I sure as hell knew you weren't the Piper. :p)

And May, that's what they get for abandoning you.

*EDIT* And definite props to Pierre for the flavor, it's a shame he didn't get to see the game play out.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i think may cooked up that claim actually. we tried to get the heat of mentos and i think she came up with that.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I was thinking of making the claim, then May suggested it too so I went with it. Wish I had been around to play it out. Also, apologies to everyone in this game for my disappearance.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My plan was to stall the game until mentos / scumbagfever get modkilled. Too bad KevMo's modkill already ended the day before that :(

Good **** McFox

Edit: MENTOS, GET MORE ACTIVE AND START PLAYING AGAIN!!! :mad:

:059:

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@MK: May's right about you. You just gotta bring more to the table before you're in the spotlight, and without worry that it will put you there. If you do, then I'm sure you'll be a great addition to any town.

@Mayling: So, was Jungle who taught you how to go invisible?

@Kirbyoshi: I really wish you hadn't gotten shot. I was as convinced of your towniness as I was of McFox's.

@Fatchu: You really got to work on certain parts of your statistical analysis. Honestly, right up until May actually declared Jungle as a scumpatriot, I would have sworn in any court that you just had to be scum. A good deal of the reason I was up your *** was because you were saying you had so much experience with Werewolf, even if it was in real life. I was like Jungle on that one; in awe.

@Omis: A lot of the points throughout the game you brought up were really good ones. I never really got why people thought you were scummy. Of course, I thought briefly you might have been the Piper, and I applied the same idea at the end of Day 2 to you that I did to Fatchu later, although you were already a dead man walking at that point; i.e. enjoying the game too much to be town. I guess I'm just used to town being one giant sulking pool of depression.

@Kevin: Speaking of which. No, I don't mean that. Well, maybe the first part. But seriously, my entire line of thought was completely and utterly disrupted when I began to seriously consider you might be scum. Why why why why don't I believe you more, forever? didn't you soft-claim?

@McFox: Please don't hate me. It makes me sad to think that someone takes these sorts of things so seriously that it would make him go so far as to block another person's posts and never want to play with that person ever again. The second bit won't really make a difference, since I'll be keeping my word, but I don't want to part so bitterly. Also, good game. Dangerous, but you won, so it worked.

@Spectators: Hope you enjoyed reading along! To those that commented on me, whether I played well or not is determined more by the end result, in my opinion. Yes, I had strong suspicions on scum, enough to be willing to lynch them and convince others to do so, but I created the atmosphere that caused town to turn against me. I might try it again, but...

@Gheb: I remember thinking at one point early on in Day 1, that it was Circus's posts that made you look scummy. Why did he drop, anyway?

@Macman: I wish you had lived, except that I know your death was the best thing that could have happened. It was what caused me to be suspicious of Mayling.

@Mentos: So, who were you private messaging at that time? I'm still convinced that it really was Pierre, but that I just misinterpreted what that meant.

@Jungle: You would have been their Mister Eric if you'd taken me to lylo, except that I would have had a full investigation set done by that point. I wonder why I kept trying to clear you. I'll have to reread to figure that out, so I don't do it again.

Of course, because a good deal of time has passed between this game stopping and starting up again, most of the critiques anyone gives about anyone are probably just not going to be true anymore. I just realized that the whole reason I consider McFox town was the reason he was clearing Mentos, in a way. I'll be careful of that in the remainder of my games.

The event roster looks like the non-core roles were random rolled. I remember thinking at one point that Pierre probably just took his own copy of the game and drew a normal game. I rejected that later, but that looks like what it was.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Cello, if I have any advice, it's not to be 110% certain that you are always right. Yes, you were right sometimes, and you were also wrong sometimes. Like I said, I began this game with the full intention of working with town. However, when I brought legitimate concerns against, say, Junglefever that you blew off because he "wasn't on your radar," then what incentive do I have to actually help? You could argue that I couldve continued to pursue the case alone, but why? I wouldve been brought under suspicion for attacking someone you disagreed with.

When you aren't even willing to listen to other players' concerns, that isn't working with town, that's working above it. If my ideas are going to be dismissed offhand because they aren't yours, then there really isn't much of a reason to share them. Even when I am right.

By all means, don't quit mafia or whatever that promise was. I'm just saying, a little humbleness would go a long way in making you a powerful town leader.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: I remember thinking at one point early on in Day 1, that it was Circus's posts that made you look scummy. Why did he drop, anyway?
I have no idea. He has not been on SWF ever since - you guessed it - D1.

Cello, you obviously did well. You just need to realize that being convincing is just as improtant as finding scum. I remember you being suspicious of me because essentially I didn't agree with you on your scumtells. But lumping me with your other lynch candidates won't make me change my mind.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I found it pretty **** funny.
If it makes you feel better, I had it narrowed down to you and mayling as to who I thought was scum. I couldnt make up my mind so I went to random.org for the desciscion. It picked Mayling 3 times in a row.
I went with you for anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The best / worst part about it is that it was actually Omis who got himself lynched <_<

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Gheb: I should be back in swing shortly here. Back to slow season at work, nothing time-stealing occurring, but not just yet.

@Cello: I looked, it was actually a prod to Cacti in BSM that I was working on at that time. Strange coincidence, but yeah, wasn't PierreXD

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Mentos said:
@Cello: I looked, it was actually a prod to Cacti in BSM that I was working on at that time. Strange coincidence, but yeah, wasn't PierreXD
LOL. That's awesome. I need to stop doing that.

Top Bottom