• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws

Rules:
1. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread. That includes communication with living players, dead players, and non-players.
2. No faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
3. Editing your posts is not allowed. If you make a spelling or grammar mistake, clarify what you mean in a second post.
4. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Xsyven).
5. To get rid of your vote, simply unvote (unvote). It is not necessary to unvote before voting a new player.
6. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
7. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. If the deadline comes and the 'no lynch' option does not have the majority vote but still has the most votes of any option, then there will be a no lynch.
8. If the deadline hits and a majority has not been found, no one will be lynched and night will begin.
9. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters Twilight, where all living players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
10. Once you are dead (flavor has been posted), you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.
11. I'm willing to extend deadlines in the event of extenuating circumstances. This is purposely left vague.
12. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in prodding. An accumulation of three prods will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances.
13. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please PM me or post in thread.

'round the Campfire:
1. Gheb_01 (replaced No one agrees with Gheb on Day 2)
2. mentosman8
3. Fatchu (replaced Chaco Day 2 (replaced Cacti on Day 1))
4. Cello_Marl
5. Bunglefever (replaced Today on Day 1)
6. KevinM, the Idiot, was revealed Day 2.
7. Mayling
8. McFox

In the Graveyard:
1. Meta-Kirby, a Villager, lynched Day 1.
2. Macman, a Villager, murdered Night 1.
3. Kirbyoshi, a Villager, poisoned Night 1.
4. Omis, the Hunter, lynched Day 2.
5. Xonar, a Villager, shot Day 2.

Replacements:
1. Bunglefever
2. Magnatoon
3. Chaco
4. Fatchu

* = # of prods

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
The following roles are in Werewolves of Miller's Hollow:

Villager: You are a simple villager of Miller's Hollow. You have no night actions. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Fortune Teller: You are the psychic of Miller's Hollow. Each night you may choose one player, and you will be told if they are a Werewolf. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Witch: You are the voodoo doctor of Miller's Hollow, and you possess two potions - one of life and one of death. Each night you must choose if you will use the potion of life or the potion of death - if you choose the potion of life, you will be told who the Werewolves have decided to kill tonight, and you will be given the option to save them. If you choose the potion of death, you may select one player to kill. You may only use each potion once. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Werewolf: You are a Werewolf in disguise! Your fellow werewolves are x and y. You are allowed to communicate with them at any time by any means while you are still alive. Each night you may collectively choose one player to kill. You win the game if you outnumber everyone else.

The following roles may be in Werewolves of Miller's Hollow:

Cupido: You are Cupido, the god of love. Immediately, you must choose two players who will fall in love. These two players will be able to communicate at any time, but will no longer be allowed to vote for each other. If one of these players dies, the other will die. If these players are enemies, their goal becomes to be the last two players standing. You may choose yourself as one of the two lovers. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Lover: You have fallen in love with x! You may communicate with them at any time by any means, but you are no longer allowed to vote for them. If they die, you will die. If you were enemies, your goal is now to be the last two players standing.

Scapegoat: You are the scapegoat of Miller's Hollow. If there is a No Lynch, you will be killed. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Sage: You are the elder of Miller's Hollow. If you disagree with a lynch, you are allowed to stop it during Twilight by PMing me. You may only do this once and you may not stop your own lynch. If you are lynched or killed by a townsperson, all special townspeople will lose their abilities. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Idiot: You are the village idiot of Miller's Hollow. If you are revealed as the village idiot, you will lose your ability to vote, but you will become unlynchable. You will be revealed to be the village idiot if you claim or refer to this power, or if your lynch is attempted (which will result in a No Lynch). You are still killable if you are revealed. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Hunter: You are the best hunter of Miller's Hollow. If you are lynched, you may choose one player to kill. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Little Girl: You are a little girl who lives in Miller's Hollow. Each night, you may choose to venture out into the night and follow one player. You will be told who they visit if they visit someone and who they are visited by if someone visits them. If they are killed by the Werewolves, you will be only told the name of one Werewolf. If they are visited by multiple people that night, you will not be told which people did which actions. If you are targeted by the Werewolves on a night that you venture out into the night, you will be killed without possible protection and the Werewolves will be allowed to make another kill. You win the game if all opponents are killed.

Piper: You are the pied piper. Each night, you may choose one player to play for, and that player will begin to dance. You are not allowed to target yourself. You win the game when all living players excluding yourself are dancing.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Autumn crept to the American village of Miller's Hollow. The leaves became orange and brown, the nights became longer, and the village became restless. The Harvest Festival approached, and the villagers busily worked towards a fruitful season. 'Round the nightly campfire, the Fortune Teller and the Witch traded time storytelling to the children.

"...and until this day, on nights very much like this when the full moon is out, if you listen very closely you can hear the cries of the werewolf to his lycan companions," finished the Fortune Teller. The children shivered amongst themselves, chattering excitedly at the prospect of exciting, otherworldly beasts.

"This is no time for anticipation, little ones," marked the Witch. She took a vial from her cloak and uncorked it. She raised the glass to her warty, crooked nose and sniffed. She then tipped the vial, pouring green liquid onto the fire, causing an eruption of smoke and flames to burst and scare the children. "The Fortune Teller does not fib when he speaks of wolves of men who walk amongst us. But even worse is the beast who is one of us, who cannot be detected by the Fortune Teller's wits. He was borne a man, but his cruel soul lacks all humanity. He travels from town to town, playing his tune for all to hear. They listen and begin to dance, and they cannot stop themselves. Friend and foe alike begin to tussle about, marching in unison 'til they all march together. And then they all march to their deaths. The Pied Piper has come to Miller's Hollow, and he will not leave 'lest he leaves with our souls."

The children, wide-eyed and worried, said not a word.

The Witch then cried a cackling laugh.

"It is but a story, children!"

Everyone relaxed. The villagers grabbed their children, brought them home, and put them to bed. Only the Fortune Teller and the Witch remained behind at the campfire.

The next morning, the bells rang at the courthouse.

"It is the fall, and it is time for us to elect a new Sheriff, whose opinion in all things will count twice. A majority vote then, to elect the seasonal Sheriff."

Day 1 begins.

A majority 7 of 13 votes is required to lynch.

The day will end at the latest on Thursday, February 19th, Noon EST.

Event: Election!

You have 4 days (96 hours) to elect a Sheriff by majority vote. This player's vote will count double throughout the remainder of the game. If he dies, he will appoint a new Sheriff, or he will choose to allow the position to die with him. If by four days you have not elected a Sheriff by majority rule, the player with the plurality of votes will be selected.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Election vote: Xonar
Riight... let's encourage everyone to elect themselves. :s

I suggest we wait three days and get a good idea of who's actually going to contribute to this game before electing at all. On the four day (or third, if we want to be safe and not have to quick elect), we can start electing. This way, the election discussion doesn't subtract from scum hunting and we can get a good idea of who's going to contribute and be worth while.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, before we go wasting our time getting a spread of 1 vote for sheriff, what do you all say to not voting ourselves?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also I'm going to ignore this whole election thing because it's pointless.

Xonar that was dumb voting for yourself off of no evidence whatsover.

I'm souped for this game lets start winning right now.

Vote Mayling

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yes this is a real vote I don't like how you're attempting to control the election process like two posts into D1.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes this is a real vote I don't like how you're attempting to control the election process like two posts into D1.
You say to ignore it yourself, and criticize me within two posts of each other. So what else are we going to do with the election process?

I said suggest anyway.. if anyone else has better ideas, I'm up to hearing them.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also, I'm probably gonna play this game a bit differently.

so yah.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If Xonar can unvote, then I say we let it go.

There's no reason to give any one of us more power just because we think that person is likely to be town. Plus, that will kill a lot of WIFOMy headaches I'm sure are just waiting to spring up.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hm, I think that I'm against appointing someone as sheriff. There is a 3-4/xx chance that we give it to an anti town faction. Which will do nothing but hurt town. I also don't really think double voters are all that powerful. It is especially not worth the risk of pushing lylo up one day if the mafia dvoter is still alive.

M.K

Level 55
Confirming!
Oh wow, this started quicker than I had anticipated O.o!
Nevertheless, I'm totally excited.
This election sounds interesting. That's a big role for us to appoint to people we've just started playing with.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hm, I think that I'm against appointing someone as sheriff. There is a 3-4/xx chance that we give it to an anti town faction. Which will do nothing but hurt town. I also don't really think double voters are all that powerful. It is especially not worth the risk of pushing lylo up one day if the mafia dvoter is still alive.
Was hoping someone different would come up with this conclusion but yeah bingo.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Word, you did that's true. But we had different reasons for it[I actually was ninja'd by that post]. Which I don't think really matters that much.

Does everyone else agree with us.

M.K

Level 55
I'm fine with dropping the sheriff role. At this point, it's definitely a risky proposition to just hand to someone.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
/confirm

The way I read Pierre's posts, there's no way we can simply not have a Sheriff in 4 RL days.

Sheriff Vote: Mentosman8

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Pierre if there are simply no votes for a sheriff what happens?

@Kirb why are you voting for someone that hasn't posted yet and is notorious for inactivty lately?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Who's the other part of the hydra? Circus?

Definitely agree about the sheriff thing, if we actually can avoid it. No need to give maf an extra vote, and I probably wouldn't feel confident enough about anyone after 4 days. DVers aren't excessively powerful, but their presence can still be felt enough to where it would really matter if they are in endgame.

Here's hoping I can play a little lot better than my last game.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Kevin: Isn't mentos notorious for being quiet in all his games? Not necessarily inactive, just...quiet.

Anyway, imo the Sheriff vote comes down to meta. I voted for mentos because he is never careless about his votes. He only votes for someone if he is sure they are scum, and I know that if he doesn't use a single vote flippantly, he certainly will be careful where he places a double vote.

M.K

Level 55
@Kevin: Isn't mentos notorious for being quiet in all his games? Not necessarily inactive, just...quiet.

Anyway, imo the Sheriff vote comes down to meta. I voted for mentos because he is never careless about his votes. He only votes for someone if he is sure they are scum, and I know that if he doesn't use a single vote flippantly, he certainly will be careful where he places a double vote.
This all may be true, but do you realize what kind of risk you are trying to convince us to take? In my opinion (and that of others, I see), the more appropriate action would be to eliminate any chance of scum getting a doublevote power rather than take a chance and see if town ends up with it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@kirbyoshi You placed your vote for sheriff candidate on who you thought would be best, if that person is town. Fair enough, but if Pierre states that no election votes for anyone means that no one is elected, would you be willing to remove your vote? Moreover, do you see why we think that no double voter is a better choice if we can do that?

@xonar Same thing, more or less. Will you remove your self-vote for sheriff if no votes = no sheriff?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
If there are no election votes on the table when 4 days are up, there will be no Sheriff.

Votecount:
Mayling (1) KevinM

A majority 7 of 13 votes is required to lynch.
The day will end at the latest on Thursday, February 19th, Noon EST.

Event 1: Election!
Xonar (1) Xonar
Mentosman8 (1) Kirbyoshi

All unmentioned currently abstain.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Cello: I am now willing to take my Sheriff vote off of mentos, but I'd like for Xonar to Sheriff-unvote first. Not liking how he's trying to become Sheriff by simply voting for himself, even if no one else ends up voting for him.

Lynch Vote: Xonar

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
*Cracks knuckles* Ok guys, after the horror show that was my performance in L4S, and the results it had late game, I'm going to be making a concerted effort in all my games to start playing like I used to instead of the crap I've put up recently. That said, let's begin. First of all, I like how the election situation has effectively destroyed the RVS.

So, before we go wasting our time getting a spread of 1 vote for sheriff, what do you all say to not voting ourselves?
This should be obvious. As has happened since this post it seems like it is starting to become consensus(and I fully agree) that we should not elect anyway. If we have a sheriff elected when we decide not to, and it is by a self vote, that person should be lynched today.

I agree with this statement to some extent, but if I understand correctly, sheriff vote works like lynch: Once they hit majority, they're sheriff. In this case, the encouragement to hold off for a while is a good thing, as we don't risk a sheriff wagon that gets someone elected right away who proceeds to no longer contribute, and we make sure nothing stupid happens and we have time to discuss first.

To add to Mac's statement here, not only that, but if we hit right and the elected sheriff dies, they then have a chance of handing sheriff off to scum. Likewise, if we elect and scum gets it, it introduces a whole boatload of WIFOM into the game that would be really difficult to deal with.

/confirm

The way I read Pierre's posts, there's no way we can simply not have a Sheriff in 4 RL days.

Sheriff Vote: Mentosman8
While I appreciate the thought, after it has already been discussed why it is a bad idea to elect, and why we should wait if we do elect to vote so we can have some level of read first, I don't like that your first post throws an elect vote on me any more than I like Xonar's self vote.

No, Kevin is right, I have been extremely inactive in my last several games, and have not really accomplished much of anything either.

@Cello: I am now willing to take my Sheriff vote off of mentos, but I'd like for Xonar to Sheriff-unvote first. Not liking how he's trying to become Sheriff by simply voting for himself, even if no one else ends up voting for him.

Lynch Vote: Xonar
I would rather you un-elect earlier. It's pretty clear town has no reason to go against a general consensus not to elect, and if Xonar keeps his vote on there to a point where he's elected, we have a very good starting suspicion. Town gains a lot less by gaining sheriff role than scum does.

No one agrees with Gheb

Gheb_01|Circus
@McFox: Yes, Circus is one of my halves. The other half, no one agrees with.

Leaning toward not wanting a sheriff at all. Common sense reasoning shows that scum potential benefit is indeed higher than town potential benefit. Even a townie Sheriff is capable of unintentionally using the double vote against town's best wishes.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
el oh el noobs.

first of all remember how i'm european and asking me to unvote while im offline isnt all that smart an idea?
second of all, ill unvote. you guys are ruining my fun though >: (
Electrion unvote: Xonar
third, what do you guys plan on doing if someone quickly appoints himself to sherrif before the deadline? knowing swf it wont result in a lynch, it's pretty stupid that way. what if everyone votes for himself allowing nobody to elect himself because theres a standstill.
fourth, lol kirbyoshi

Top Bottom