• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Xonar: A circle of votes is a good idea, but only if it's for the actual lynch, and we do need to make sure the penalty for breaking the circle is Death. Further, FoS should suffice for "votes" for now. Also, I think it would be best if I coordinated it, since you all know I'd be trustworthy. The only problem with this is that, if we can self-vote for saving, scum can literally force a mislynch.
Scum can force a mislynch, but I'd gladly trade that lynched townie for a lynched scum at this point in the game. We can, of course, let the suspects vote each other and make sure the claimed roles are safe.

Why do people want to lynch Mayling? Because he heard the piper play? I don't see how that changes her allignment, she still wins with Town. Even then he probably doesn't know who the piper is himself soooo...
So, why?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: I don't get your suspicion of Omis, either. Also, you messed up shooting Kirbyoshi, should have shot Cacti/Chaco.
Kirbyo deserved it. Chacti should've been lynched yesterDay.

@Bungle, Chaco, Gheb, Xonar, Omis, and McFox: Should I investigate Chaco or the other of Kevin and Mayling toNight?
What's your N1 report?
Always should investigate KevMo first. The sooner we're able to trust him / cofirm him as scum the better.

Mentos, your whole claim is so much WIFOM. And I still don't get why you think anybody would ever use a night action on you (except the Vig) after that D1 of yours.

Vote Cello

Easy vote - this guy has to survive.

:059:

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello, I don't think you investigated me last night. I think you're just trying to mindgame me. You're worried I'm trying to trick you, but I'm not. I'm just a widdle ol brownie townie Maymay.

If you didn't investigate me last Night, do it toNight to get it out of the way.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I keep forgetting that things that should go unsaid actually do need to be said.

@Kevin and Meimu: You are aware that I did investigate one of you, right? And yet, Meimu is trying to bait my investigation, and Kevin feigned passing interest by saying he'd be fine with her death, then saying Chaco/That Other.

Just so you know, actually just so everyone knows, I'm not going to explicitly state which one of you I investigated. I want to watch May and Kevin squirm, and for the town to see the results. On that note, why don't you make cases against each other?

@Kevin: Rhetorical: did you think I wouldn't investigate you when I specifically said that I would?

@Meimu: I have a book, and I opened it up a day earlier than you did. Also, why would you want me to waste my investigation on you if you are a townie? There's been essentially zero conversation so far, and you feel that's the best choice for my power?

Let's see...toNight, someone will be attacked. Gheb will save either himself or me, as that will presumably be the wolf target. The fact that That Other Person wasn't attacked indicates that the Wolves either came to the same conclusion that I did, or believed that he would be unable to prove his innocence and that we would lynch him ourselves, which could be the case if he were a wolf or scared townie.

The problem I have with That Other Person's reasoning is that it doesn't make any sense. His Night death wouldn't put us back at all. By putting himself in this situation, he's guaranteed his own lynch. Now town has to lynch him. If he were truly a Little Girl, and had put himself at "risk", then we would have lost one person: him (to added Night Kill). As it is, we would lose "two"; him (to lynch), and the resultant Night Kill.

After consideration, and since there's still at least one more opportunity for redemption, let's give Mentos another chance. He can watch Gheb or me; flip a coin to determine who. If he dies, then he saves us a lost life by not having to waste a Day lynching him, which would allow any hunters we have to operate without losing a day (even though I don't think we have one). If he provides useful information, great. Also, there's no reason for the wolves to not target me, Gheb, or him at this point. If they did, all they'd get is another investigation thrown at them. If he claims he didn't stay out at Night a second time, we kill him after I give both my investigation results.

Revised opinions:

Town: Me, Gheb, McFox
Unsure: Xonar, Bungle, Omis, Chaco
Evil: Kevin, Meimu, Mentos

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Kevin and Meimu: You are aware that I did investigate one of you, right? And yet, Meimu is trying to bait my investigation, and Kevin feigned passing interest by saying he'd be fine with her death, then saying Chaco/That Other.

Just so you know, actually just so everyone knows, I'm not going to explicitly state which one of you I investigated. I want to watch May and Kevin squirm, and for the town to see the results. On that note, why don't you make cases against each other?

@Kevin: Rhetorical: did you think I wouldn't investigate you when I specifically said that I would?

@Meimu: I have a book, and I opened it up a day earlier than you did. Also, why would you want me to waste my investigation on you if you are a townie? There's been essentially zero conversation so far, and you feel that's the best choice for my power?
Yeah, I'm aware that you investigated one of us. It's really weird that you're trying to call me out as one of two possible scum. It makes me wonder if you're really FT, but since you haven't been CC'd yet, I guess you have to be. (The only reason I could see you not being FT is that you weren't killed during the night, Chaco hasn't caught up yet, or the real FT doesn't wanna be NK'd.)

However, I'm also aware you doubt your own scum hunting abilities and mentioned several times throughout d1 that I might be trying to trick you. So yeah, right now I see this as a ploy to "watch me squirm" and "give myself away." Go ahead and ask questions I guess.

I don't want you to waste an investigation on me. But if you're going to do this everyday with the "teehee I investigated x or y and found scum" by God please clear me so I don't have to go through that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm not going to make a case past the fact that she's scummy and your whole whom did you investigate gambit does absolutely nothing for me.

I'm just going to ignore it from now on, take from that what you will but I don't feel like hopping through hoops distracting me from the rest of the game

More chaco votes..

or non votes

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Pierre: What happens if there are multiple people unsaved when we run out of time?

Whether it's a random lynch of the people we don't choose to save, or both of them die, I suggest that we save everyone except for Kevin and Mayling. They obviously aren't interested in saving themselves; let them burn for it.

Like Xonar said, "a townie for a scum" is a good deal. If one of them tries to save the other, then there's only a 50% chance that they'll guess correctly as to which one that I investigated; if they do, or if one is somehow innocent and the scum tries to pull a frame job, then I'll investigate the other to be sure.

If both die, by sacrificing a "townie" in this way, it means Mentos has absolutely no excuse for staying at home toNight.

@Xonar: I didn't mean to be rude or offensive when I moved you to "unsure". But, the major reasoning behind my clearing you in the first place was your interactions with Gheb, who I thought was scum. Now that I know he's not, my reasoning was invalid. Also, I don't exactly have a good track record in this game for clearing people; look at Kevin and Mayling for that. If it's any consolation, you are the 2nd person I'm most sure of being town without knowing it for a fact, the only other being McFox. My opinions list is in order.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh uh oh no u di'int

Whether it's a random lynch of the people we don't choose to save, or both of them die, I suggest that we save everyone except for Kevin and Mayling. They obviously aren't interested in saving themselves; let them burn for it.
Charlie this made me really mad right here. To insinuate I'm not interested in proving I'm town is a slap in the face.

No, I may not want to play your little game of "Tehee let's watch them squirm, it'll be fun"...

..As you say in this quote. I can only roll my eyes at your "game."

However, I'm also aware you doubt your own scum hunting abilities and mentioned several times throughout d1 that I might be trying to trick you. So yeah, right now I see this as a ploy to "watch me squirm" and "give myself away." Go ahead and ask questions I guess.

I don't want you to waste an investigation on me. But if you're going to do this everyday with the "teehee I investigated x or y and found scum" by God please clear me so I don't have to go through that.
Here I tell you to investigate me toNight if you haven't already.
Also, I tell people to ask me questions.

POINT OUT MY SCUMMINESS. I hate, hate, hate it when people say "she's scummy" and won't tell me why. I can't defend against that! It's so annoying when people do that. (This is to KevinM.)

At this point, I'm in an annoying ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't situation. Since Cello has said "It's Mayling or KevinM" people will look at whatever I have to say now in the scumminess light. Especially considering that I'm supposed to be "squirming."

Yes, I wanted to prove I'm town. But no one has said why I'm scum yet and that's just stupid. Go ahead and kill me if it's going to be like this. I don't want to be stuck into another stupid tunneling WIFOM situation like L4S. I'm dancing anyway, so at least we're hurting the Pied Piper.

Vote: Mcfox

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Honestly Mentos is looking worst right now but I don't really think there's still much to get out of him, his night action was idiotic.

About the rest, not to be offensive, but they're being overshadowed by the mega-posters. It's hard to keep track on everyone when there's people like Cello posting large n stuff, which is why I'm not really set on anything atm.

What about asking Chaco for his view? He just replaced in, would like to hear a fresh opinion.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Not really down with everyone throwing their votes down this early. Obvious buddying problems. Now I don't know whether May is a brownie townie who was thinking just like I was yesterday, or whether she got caught and is looking for support.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed that Chaco can die. Only reason I vigged Kirbyo over him was because I hoped he'd step it up. Never happened though.
Chaco can die, Mentos can die, Omis can die, KevMo should be investigated asap.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Agreed that mentos can die, Omis should just be modkilled or something since he hasnt said anything other than 'gheb why you voting me', being unhelpful and inactive.

Not sure about Chaco, seeing as he replaced Cacti who defines useless. Would like to hear what he has to say first before I make judgement.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox, I'm pretty sure you're town and because of that I want you to live. Also, unlike anyone else I actually trust your thinking and judgment. I saw how our thinking is alike in l4s, and I saw it more here.

I can take my vote back tho. I just thought we were narrowing down the pot so we could start a plan of action.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I completely forgot Omis was in this game holy ****.

Don't waste an investigation on me I'm town, don't be stupid.

Omis, Chaco need to die.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hey, I have a question for Cello.

I don't recall gheb claiming at any point (maybe I'm wrong and if I am point it out to me) so how did cello know gheb shot?

Omis

my friends were skinny
Cello is a good townie. I dont like style of metagaming a lot, but it is effective. His role has more or less been confirmed. No reason for someone to not vote him.

Mentos gets not much a glance from me. His reason for wanting to stay home is pretty legit. If scum had targeted him, there would have been a double kill which would have resulted in this night having three kills and one piper charm; not good. While it does allow Mentos to ride his claim for another day or so because we cant confirm him, his logic is sound. Why did you fold so quickly though when people started trying to wagon you, though? You role claimed right away instead of doing like anything else. No one would have lynched the little girl right on the end of the day so you allowed yourself to live through that day and possibly d2. On d3, you could bus your scummate and live to end game. I just dont like your claim in general.

One thing on you though; bringing up electrion. Heavily reminds me of Tom bussing Jungle D1 in BWM. Another freud slip-esque buisness and Im not liking that.

Dont like how you said "Im going to change how I play!" That opens you up to disregard any metagaming attempts against you leaving one less way to scumhunt against you.

Kevin is too fleety. Mild buddying on his 124.

I really dont understand how Mayling was able to get any confidence on Today being scum. He didnt really seem to push more into it later on so ya.

There was not a single reason to soft claim VI. Not smart at all for obvious reasons. I really dont like how some flip flopped when people started to show more sentiments against it.

Day One I was really tunnel visioned and Im sorry about that. It really is a shame that I was fine with a large portion of the game being focused on Cello.

I feel pretty good on Xonar. His logic has been pretty consistently sound throughout the game and not much has stuck out to me. He and I seem to share similar opinions most of the time so thats another thing I like. Ill have to watch you though so I dont trust you too much. The biggest thing that has stood out to me is you putting Today at L 1 right after it had requested replace. Not much to really say on this but just that it was bad.

Bungle: Why did you vote for Kirbyoshi when Cello was phishing for lovers but decide to not vote Gheb? What is the point of doing one but not the other?

Cello 286. "Mayling and Kevin are town. I have no doubts now." What made you change your mind and decide to investigate one of them?

Not a single read on Chaco/Cacti but that is nothing new. Its hard to have reads on people who dont post much and Im sure people feel the same way about trying to get reads on me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey, I have a question for Cello.

I don't recall gheb claiming at any point (maybe I'm wrong and if I am point it out to me) so how did cello know gheb shot?
Never claimed though I thought it was obvious after Kirbyo died that I'm witch. Don't have any problems with being out btw since it helps more than it hurts right now as it reduces our lynchpool by quite a lot.

Not liking Omis last post btw will elaborate later. Still think he's a good play for toDay.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't understand some of your post, who soft claimed VI, what do you mean by fleety, are you saying you're inactive just so people can't get reads on you?

Omis

my friends were skinny
I don't understand some of your post, who soft claimed VI, what do you mean by fleety, are you saying you're inactive just so people can't get reads on you?
The soft claiming was the buisness with Cello wanting people to soft claim it VI.
Fleety as in here and there with opinions but not really staying on one for too long.
That was more like a bad punctuation thing. I meant more like "I cant a read and that sucks but I cant say much because I probably havent been good on that front either." Does that make more sense?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah except you haven't even tried to scumhunt, even now you gave a wishy washy review of the game without doing anything to make a case or cast suspicion on anyone.

You're not scumhunting, you're JUST coasting.

That's the difference.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Kevin said:
I'm not going to make a case past the fact that she's scummy and your whole whom did you investigate gambit does absolutely nothing for me.
Like May said, it's unfair if she doesn't hear the charges against her. You see her as scummy. Theoretically, you should KNOW that she's scum. I really don't get why you don't want to pursue that, especially with your own *** of the line.

Does anyone else think that's weird? Further,

Kevin said:
Cello just seems to be wrong whatever. Xonar where do you think we should look.
If I'm wrong about Mayling, as Kevin is suggesting, then wouldn't that make HIM the scum? Why would he ever suggest that?

@Omis: Everyone was thinking May was obvtown, but Kevin pushed at the end of Day 1 to make Macman seem like the most "super townie". This made me suspicious of both, especially since my reasoning for clearing Kevin was only because I thought he was VI. So, I ended up flipping a coin, and got my investigation target. Well, rolling a die.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't think it's very unusual that Kev didn't make an elaborate case, as it is something that Kev rarely does anyway. I actually would have been fairly surprised if he had. I think the thing with Xonar is to try and get other unconfirmed people working somewhat independently of you, since you're basically the center of the town right now. There are reasons he could do that for any alignment, but I'm getting a scummy feel from Kev right now. May not as much, but if you did investigate May, we get a two-for-one deal: we eliminate a wolf and deprive the piper of his win condition (or at least make it more difficult).

Not really impressed by Omis' comeback post either.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Omis draw some conclusions.
Suggestion: Make a scum-town list and list your reasons as to why everyones where they are on the list.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Cello you realize at this point that by being revealed as the cop having an investigation and withholding it, you're doing nothing for town.

Just making sure you realize that since you're being dumb.

You're not making me squirm, I'm simply ignoring it, and playing the way I would always play. Heck if you got your reaction you needed from May congrats dude you did something you could have done by simply revealing in the first place.

You're worried about people not following the cop imo but you should really come out and do something besides holding it over her head, you're just making yourself the center of attention without really doing anything.

I'm starting to think you didn't investigate either of us.

Anyways, more Chaco non votes.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah, if chaco continues to do nothing he can die.

Omis: I don't know ask Cello when he was satisfied by me just voting Kirb. If it bothers you that much i can vote gheb to show you, but it'd be really stupid and pointless

Your post does like nothing for me. Thanks for the recap?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omis' a really good lynch toDay in my book. Townomis usually makes attempts to hunt scum based on bad logic / night action results. Not seeing anything of that here.

Cello, any reason you don't out your report?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
First of all, I didn't investigate Kevin.

McFox, you missed the more important part.
Xonar said, "I don't see the use in lynching Mayling right now. I thought she was pretty much town++ last day, what changed?"
Kevin said, "Cello just seems to be wrong whatever. Xonar where do you think we should look."

How could he possibly think that I could just be wrong about May? The only way I could be wrong about her is if I had investigated him and he turned up scum. There's no way or reason that he would ever even suggest my being wrong about May if he were town.

There are only two ways that this makes sense: They are both scum; or I am.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No I mean you're wrong in your play not in your investigation, but feel free to try and look deeper and deeper into it I mean you're doing so well thus far parading the day.

/sarcasm.

Top Bottom