• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Pirate Ship Glitch

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
A couple days ago I was playing against some computers (because I have no wifi at the moment) and I discovered this odd Glitch on the Pirate Ship stage.

Has this ever happened before? I've looked and I couldn't find any evidence of this ever happening, so I decided to uploaded it and put it on youtube.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qK6TLQSNLtA

EDIT: It happens at about 0:40 btw, and I apologize for the bad quality. This is the first video that I've ever put on youtube.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
FREAKING OWNED!
lol too good.

Thats the glitchy-est(not a word ._.) stage. You can go under it from the back, get stuck under the rock (and drown), tech the launcher thing that shoots you (not a glitch, but wtf worthy >_>), and now this.

lol@pirateship

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Lol 60% in two seconds :')

I wonder if this can be activated on purpose....

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Great, my favorite stage is going to be banned if this can reoccur. ):
Umm, why do you think this would result in the stage being banned? So you can footstool the person through the ship when the hatch is almost closed... it's not random and is entirely avoidable. Good news! No one in their right mind would even consider this glitch when debating if the stage should be banned.

FREAKING OWNED!
lol too good.

Thats the glitchy-est(not a word ._.) stage. You can go under it from the back, get stuck under the rock (and drown), tech the launcher thing that shoots you (not a glitch, but wtf worthy >_>), and now this.

lol@pirateship
Tech the launcher? Can you show me a vid or explain where you tech?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tech the launcher? Can you show me a vid or explain where you tech?
I've done it before, but I don't have a vid. You just tech it early when it shoots you.
If I'm in the mood I'll play a match on that level and tech it and make it into a vid.

M.J.B

Smash Cadet
awesome vid I think it might have not been a one time freak, you might just have to footstool over the launcher, could happen.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but who would footstool onstage in a real match? I'd say 1 in a million chance for this to happen in a real match.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah but who would footstool onstage in a real match? I'd say 1 in a million chance for this to happen in a real match.
Yeah I accidentally footstooled kirby while playing, and I just happened to be right above the hatch, while it happened to be just closing. So basically this will almost never happen, but this is proof that it can :)

Calciphoce

Smash Cadet
I wonder if one can stay inside the ship for a period of time, then pause and zoom in to see what's inside of it. It's going to be hollow for sure, but I still find this interesting. Good find.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Pirate ship is one of my favorite counterpicks. Ness owns on this level, and I ask the question to myself.....

If a footstool send the opponent through the boat, could it stand to reason that a meteor or spike could have the same effect?

Part of me feels it could but the greater half think that it would just have a normal effect.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
That is a pretty large error.
I wonder how this could have been missed in production.

PKOWNAGE

Smash Rookie
wow. I wonder if could meteor smash a foe down the hatch for the same effect?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The Kirby rolled into the catapult hatch as it was closing. As the catapult fell, the Kirby canceled the auto-push upward by u-smashing. When the catapult went down, the u-smash animation was canceled, and Kirby got footstooled to his doom.

It's also possible to do if you stand on the catapult hatch before it closes and dont jump out when the floor gives out

/thread

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Lol, nice glitch! I can't seem to get it to work though. I think that's happened to me on Wifi before.

MK26 said:
It's also possible to do if you stand on the catapult hatch before it closes and dont jump out when the floor gives out
Tried it but nothing. Is it only suppose to work for Kirby?

Top Bottom