• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Lol @ sage, well since we're so off topic, Its 11:36 i have school tomorrow, and I'm tire from Bboy practice. Good Night all and have a happy whatever holiday is coming up.
Also Jab cancel with pit works wonders, trust me.

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No one is the best at this game yet.......i bet if Anther went to EC he would do well ^^ i mean.... how do you fight a pikachu o,o lol

I know if Futile went to EC he would do good as well >.> Wariooooo how do you fight thatttt

I went to EC playing snake o,o i did ok i guess....but i wish i would have done better that way we wouldn't have this silly argument =P

oh and also if one of those IC's from TX went to EC they would do good as well.... i mean in EC they don't limit chain grabsssss it would be heaven for those Ic's.........

I don't think there is a weak Region just yet.... everyone has strong players that haven't travel yet......and that might throw off players with their unique style...

omggggggggggggggggg MLG is going to be tooo pimpsiessssssssssssssssssss
I hope i see all the top people from every region at MLG!!!! its going to be sickkkkkkkkkkk

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I used to think Sliq was the biggest jerk on Smashboards, and he's generally not serious at all... Then Plank comes along proving nothing but mid-level EC's collective ego problem.

Funny I don't remember him being this belligerent irl. -.-
I am always cocky IRL and I always back myself up. If i say im going to win I will win. Ive done it at multiple tournaments. When i went to WC i said i probably wouldnt win but i'd get top 3, then I did. I'm not even cocky, im realistic. If MW came to an EC event any single one of you guys would be hard-pressed to get top 10

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
yea as kupo said im from east coast

m2k didnt say ec is overrated, in fact, i would believe he thinks the opposite. he knows the **** we are lol. ur probably mistaking that with him saying NJ is very overrated, or something else.
NJ is overrated. Lots of good people, but overrated nonetheless. :)

I thought we were the best state behind Califonia at one point, until MD/VA placed higher than us at just about all the tournaments (minus M2K), and NYC did the same.

kown

Smash Lord
yea as kupo said im from east coast

m2k didnt say ec is overrated, in fact, i would believe he thinks the opposite. he knows the **** we are lol. ur probably mistaking that with him saying NJ is very overrated, or something else.

oovideogamegodoo: its like 60 40
oovideogamegodoo: that im going
oovideogamegodoo: i just won a wii
oovideogamegodoo: i beat azen 3-0
oovideogamegodoo: today
oovideogamegodoo: and was ****** him in friendlies
oovideogamegodoo: along w/ everyone else
oovideogamegodoo: EC overrates themselves
oovideogamegodoo: TX should be fun
Anthony2231: I 3 stocked everyone at that tourney yesterday
Anthony2231: I hope you guys come. I'm really excited to know where I stand against the best.
oovideogamegodoo: if the crowd isnt gay ill go back
oovideogamegodoo: ya i saw
oovideogamegodoo: u look pretty good
oovideogamegodoo: u would probably do real good on the EC

I'll keep my hopes down then. I'll see if that changes anything. ;)
nope im pretty sure m2k says that you guys over rate yourself. :)

MuBa

Smash Lord
Lol give me some time and I'll bring Pit up in the tiers for you guys.

edit: I'm beginning to get bothered by idiots who says Pit is "all about spamming" and becomes looked down upon.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
No character is all about spamming. Only idiots spam. Anyone who is smart doesn't spam.

What bothers me is that some people say that something or someone is worse because they can't spam. Tell me whenever someone says that so that I can slap them across the face.

I know I said Pit was about spamming. Ignore that.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Well you've also mentioned that Pit is lightweight. I can assure you that he isn't. The first time I played him against a Falco, I wasn't dying till 170%. Perhaps Falco might have staled his moves or something but a light character should die in those kind of percentages regardless of how fresh the moves are.

At first I thought Pit was heavy but that seemed a little farfetched, so I can safely assume that he's middleweight.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Well you've also mentioned that Pit is lightweight. I can assure you that he isn't. The first time I played him against a Falco, I wasn't dying till 170%. Perhaps Falco might have staled his moves or something but a light character should die in those kind of percentages regardless of how fresh the moves are.

At first I thought Pit was heavy but that seemed a little farfetched, so I can safely assume that he's middleweight.
Well I read somewhere that he was light, and I haven't been able to survive powerful attacks with him. Then again, I only faced Ikes and Snakes with him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You are on crack.

Pit is a good deal heavier then Marth.
Wait... Pit, heavier than Marth? If Pit is the Middle of Mediumweights and if Marth is lighter than Pit, then... Is Marth really a light mediumweight, even if he's taller than Pit? O_O

That's actually the first time I heard some1 say Marth is lighter than Pit, though Pit does last long sometimes, and it's not just because of that recovery.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
3-5% difference isnt that great of a deal heavier than marth (for a rough estimate at least) =/. But yeah I guess you're right, which makes pit a midweight. Thanks for the link Ryanarius

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Yeah Pit is a mid-weight. Marth is a lightweight. Maining Ice Climbers taught me which characters are in what weight class.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Dang. You've posted after me three threads in a row. Going through each thread to say something bad about my posts?

mimic_king

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean you be a jack*** about it. There is a nicer way to deal with people, and what you're doing isn't it. I have been tryin that, but it's apparently not working.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean you be a jack*** about it. There is a nicer way to deal with people, and what you're doing isn't it. I have been tryin that, but it's apparently not working.
I modify my responses to fit the situation. The situation has not included you being nice.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sagemoon is here yet again to bring justice to the Pit boards!
I still think Pit is being belittled and underestimated so much is because of the players (Noobish ones) are just abusing Pit with spammy attacks (like other chars) and I think one shouldnt judge a char by viewing a noobish player who doesnt use a character well.
Sagemoon for one is representing Pit really well and ppl should look at him before underestimating Pit. Me, on the other hand, represent him greatly in a different way... A more TECHNICAL way.

As for MimicKing, I need to say he's a troll for sure, and it had to be on the Pit boards too...

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
I still think Pit is being belittled and underestimated so much is because of the players (Noobish ones) are just abusing Pit with spammy attacks (like other chars) and I think one shouldnt judge a char by viewing a noobish player who doesnt use a character well.
Sagemoon for one is representing Pit really well and ppl should look at him before underestimating Pit. Me, on the other hand, represent him greatly in a different way... A more TECHNICAL way.

As for MimicKing, I need to say he's a troll for sure, and it had to be on the Pit boards too...
Ha lol, Sagemoon is quite amazing though.

I have to agree on this, Pit is definitely belittled because of these reasons, and even more when compared to the more easy to use characters. We definitely need more people to show what an amazing character he can be. This was funny though Admiral lol

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Kown - "basically this thread is full of fail"

QFT ^ lol

Well I don't think everyone should judge skill based on location. I placed 9th at HOBO11 and almost beat Dojo (though Azen ***** me somethin vicious), and I'm from KANSAS. Who the **** knew lol. Plus most of the top 10 there was metaknight, including M2K. DSF also attended this tourney. That doesn't mean KS > TX. Just means I played pretty good =]

Plus people shouldn't get so upset when their character is insulted. Just kick the guy's *** in a MM when you see him or make sure you place high at the next tournament you attend. That's proof enough.

And if someone judges you on a video, ignore it. Brawl's kinda weird to watch vids of. You can really only get a grasp of how good someone is AFTER you've played them. Except for Plank. You'd have to be ******** to not be able to tell he camps lol =P

All in all, I think Pit having a bad rep gives me more motivation to place well in tournaments. It makes you feel like you have something to prove, and if you do good it can change alot of ppl's opinions of that character. That feeling is much better than going and placing good with MK cuz no one's surprised by it, you're just another MK. Angels FTW =D

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX

i hands down agree with everything your saying..i Also think Kown deserves some praise on this as well..hes a prime example of someone who didnt play melee and believes if you work hard you can still make it and hes a fantastic Pit user..but when it comes to my fav. Pit..it goes to Sage

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Yeah. A lot of people I know that haven't played any other Smash game before really suck at Brawl. There are few talented people that can be good at this game and never have played Smash before.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I played melee but I sucked balls at it. I thought I was good for awhile. Then I learned about wavedashing and realized I'm only okay and that's just because wavedashing with sheik isnt that helpful.

Then I saw Darkrain's vid and came to the realization that I was a no talent noob at that game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom