• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
With Sheik you have three moves. Chain grab, side a, up smash. Repeat for the ultimate imba combo. For an extra boost of imba, add wavedashing.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I'm not a Pit user, but I do know he has one of the best projectiles in the game and one of the best recoveries as well. He's an easy character to pick up and play but I have yet to see any outstanding Pit players. He does have quite a bit going for him, but I don't think anyone's quite mastered him yet.
he is NOT an easy character to play man if you dont know his techs then you dont stand a chance

also i think sagemoon, corrupt fate, rogue and undrdog are getting close

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I played melee but I sucked balls at it. I thought I was good for awhile. Then I learned about wavedashing and realized I'm only okay and that's just because wavedashing with sheik isnt that helpful.

Then I saw Darkrain's vid and came to the realization that I was a no talent noob at that game lol.
join the club hehehe i just dont have the fingers for melee i have the fingers to main pit (slower than melee but still fast) still not fast enough for melee though

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i hands down agree with everything your saying..i Also think Kown deserves some praise on this as well..hes a prime example of someone who didnt play melee and believes if you work hard you can still make it and hes a fantastic Pit user..but when it comes to my fav. Pit..it goes to Sage

yea he seems to be getting better every time i see a more recent vid

i played melee for about a month and a half before i got brawl

Coffee™

I need it....
You don't need to make a triple post to say all of this, just quote everything into a single post, or edit your initial post at a later date.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Yeah really. It isn't that hard. Unless you accidentally triple posted, which I know you didn't.

Hitsugaya777

Smash Rookie
I've played pit since the game came out in the uk and I believe that he is a great character.
Some may not place him on the higher tier but if you look at some of th pit skills mentioned befoe you can see why he is great. His edge guard game possibly is the best as his arrows can control where his opponents go and his throw make him a pest as they are very fast and set easily. He can get gimped with his up b recovery which can have him losing stock at ridiculous damage but if your a good pit player you will know that there are many ways around this; also knowing your stages help. One of the key reasons i say pit is better than good is because he can Shield In The Air :psycho: I mean cmon what other character can not only shield damamge but reflect attacks whilst moving forward in the air.
Plus pit can glide as a main recovery without having to use WoI and on some levels (some of the most commonly played in tournaments) Pit can glide under the stage to the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom