• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kown

Smash Lord
OS hasn't played against me 1v1 in about... 2 months? >.>

And I don't know what he's basing his opinion off of, really, because I've kept up with him pretty well most of those times that I have played him. My tournament placings haven't been so great, but that's for far different reasons than he seems to think-- notably that until WTON I've had a problem with buckling under pressure and making some *really* stupid moves (i.e. self destructs, letting myself be gimped or thrown off of walk-offs, etc). I'd have done it with any character equally as badly as I've done with Pit. Ask Bloodhawk. I picked MK against him and lost stocks in the same mind-numbingly stupid ways. Less to do with the character and more to do with me, in the words of Sliq, "being a total ****head" at the worst possible times. -,-
oh no these are all johns...its still your fault. haha

And Rogue... seriously... Seeing M2K and Chillin and all them in person doesn't mean you can "compete" with them. Maybe in the literal, physical sense of the word, but not in the sense I mean. Coming very close to beating any of them in a real tournament set or placing around their level in the EC circuit would be "competing" with them. I *know* you haven't done the latter, and I seriously doubt the former.
in BRAWL competeing means winning... Lots of ppl could get close to wins but the fact is that you were probably behind the whole game. ionno to me competing in brawl means to win and not get close. just because its easier to get pros or anyone to one stock...but that shouldnt mean i competeed witht hem.

I'll MM anytime I'm in the EC, btw. I told you this a long time ago when you were still posting under Sir Lucario and generally acting like a scrub. Right now you've not changed much. Maybe you got better at the game but that doesn't excuse your behavior.
agrees.

As for "being on OS's nuts,"
tasty.

recognizing his accomplishments is that absolute *least* I or anybody else, including you, owes to him. You and I may not agree with him but he's won upwards of 15 tournaments and placed among the top players in his region-- people from five or six different states-- consistently. I think 9th is the worst he's ever done. If you don't think that's worthy of not being ****-talked at by people who can't nearly say the same, then you've got some seriously messed up values. If anybody needs to man the **** up here, it's you.
OS is good... except when he picked up mk. now hes like gay..lol jk but OS is good.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
oh no these are all johns...its still your fault. haha
Yes, they are, but they're like... the opposite of your usual john. Instead of removing blame from myself, I'm directing blame towards myself. :laugh:

in BRAWL competeing means winning... Lots of ppl could get close to wins but the fact is that you were probably behind the whole game. ionno to me competing in brawl means to win and not get close. just because its easier to get pros or anyone to one stock...but that shouldnt mean i competeed witht hem.
Which Is why I said "close to beating them in a set." That means you have to take a match off of them and get them down to one stock with high percent in another match.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this is all stupid lol. theres like too many things going on at once lol

people keep bringing up OS is one of the best in his region, but out of the 3 main regions (east, midwest, west), midwest is by far the worst and east coast is easily the best. being the best in midwest (which he isnt even the best if im not mistaken) doesn't stack up that well to the rest of the east coast, or pretty much even just atl north for the matter lol. rogue pit does have plenty of competition and keeps up. hes practiced at my place with m2k, with ninjalink, hes gone to tourneys with azen, chillin, chu, me (lol), and is power ranked. and i can also say that RP is def getting better as time goes on, and im confident he will be in the top 3 in PA soon.

but does skill even matter? just cause someone is really good, it doesn't give them the right to talk down and condescend on worse players which is the impression i got (along with many others) of OS in this thread.

note that im not talking down on anyones skill here like OS (i just said one of the best in midwest is overrated) or Doctor X (did u by any chance go to pound 3 and play jiggz? i think a crew mate of mine played u in pools.). im mainly defending all the trash ppl are talkin on rogue pit

Doctor X

Smash Lord
people keep bringing up OS is one of the best in his region, but out of the 3 main regions (east, midwest, west), midwest is by far the worst and east coast is easily the best.
This is not known and will not be known until a national tournament occurs.

rogue pit does have plenty of competition and keeps up. hes practiced at my place with m2k, with ninjalink, hes gone to tourneys with azen, chillin, chu, me (lol), and is power ranked. and i can also say that RP is def getting better as time goes on, and im confident he will be in the top 3 in PA soon.
Ok, but that doesn't put him at or above OS's level in the slightest. Maybe time will change that, but for now, he's in no position to talk to OS like he did.

but does skill even matter? just cause someone is really good, it doesn't give them the right to talk down and condescend on worse players which is the impression i got (along with many others) of OS in this thread.
Oh no, I agree 100%. Nothing gives him that right. But Rogue's not arguing that. He's trying to respond in kind and talk down to OS-- a proven top-level player, which Rogue is not. All he's going to accomplish in that regard is to solidify OS's position as "right" as far as the Back Room is concerned.

note that im not talking down on anyones skill here like OS (i just said one of the best in midwest is overrated)
Maybe true, but I really doubt it's to such an extreme that Rogue Pit should be able to disregard his accomplishments entirely.

or Doctor X (did u by any chance go to pound 3 and play jiggz? i think a crew mate of mine played u in pools.).
I did. Who was your crewmate? I remember most of those pool matches pretty well because almost all of them started with me pulling ahead with a couple rests then getting scraped. It was simultaneously one of the most gratifying and dissapointing tournament performances I've ever managed. :laugh:

im mainly defending all the trash ppl are talkin on rogue pit
Understandable. I don't wish to necessarily imply that Rogue is bad, he's just acting like a jerk which, as we discussed above, isn't even justifiable from somebody with higher tournament placings. Why would it be justifiable coming from someone with lower tournament placings?

This isn't an argument that Rogue can win through prickwaving. Maybe M2K or Azen could, but not Rogue.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Dr. your missing the entire argument, you defending OS for being a gay and how badly he dissed you publicly, yea i challenged him, and he should speak for yourself, you personally can't say anything about me as you have yet to prove yourself either. And you cannot seriously think that Midwest is anywhere as good as EC, now your just being simple minded. A lower placing is justified when you have to face harder people. The Best, where as you face people noone has heard of.
I'll leave you with this, i disregard what "accomplishments" OS has done, because it doesn't impress me one bit, I'm entitled to my opinion, and I'm telling you both to put your money where your mouth is. You apparently won't come out and say you think I'm bad whatever, I think your bad. Let's settle this where it started, Brawl.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Maybe but still. You cant compare apples to oranges. EC has a ton more great players which means more competition. Ultimately, this means that the person who constantly places 7th could be at the same skill level as the consistent 1st or 2nd place finisher in the Midwest. You can't just go by the numbers always the same way you cant always go by the tier list.

Ok, but that doesn't put him at or above OS's level in the slightest. Maybe time will change that, but for now, he's in no position to talk to OS like he did.
Who cares about position and why don't ppl just give him the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming? I mean, there has been more than one person vouching for Rogue. They both are great players. Regardless of position, OS still has no right to talk to Rogue (nor the rest of the community) the way he did the same way Rogue had no right to have said what he said. Stop just blaming it all on Rouge with this "OS is so accomplished BS" They are both at fault
Understandable. I don't wish to necessarily imply that Rogue is bad, he's just acting like a jerk which, as we discussed above, isn't even justifiable from somebody with higher tournament placings. Why would it be justifiable coming from someone with lower tournament placings?
So your saying that Rogue should have taken what OS said? Words spoken like OS provoke these kinds of reactions. It isn't like Rogue just decided to bash on OS. If you read back, the rough talk in Rogue's posts didn't occur until after OS called everyone "mediocre pit plays patting themselves on the back"

You don't need to be an "accomplished" player to know what your talking about or to have earned the right to discuss things. Just because someone places lower (not directed at rogue) doesn't mean they are stupid or whatnot. Its just like ppl saying, "I wont listen to posts of users whose join date is 08 because they are scrubs" No. If they have valid points, listen to them. Thats what matters.

And might I add that Rogue apologized and acknowledged the parts in his post he felt (look back) might have been a little over the top. We have yet to see OS act a little more mature the way Rogue did by admitting his faults. Atm, OS is still acting like an ignorant know-it-all who refuses to reason

Golden_Link

Smash Rookie
I dont want to open a "New AT"-thread, so ill write it here. My little Bro discovered it:
If you press Left or Right and immediatly after this Usmash, the Usmash will be gliding left or right, "one Bowser" far.
If you dash and press jump, and then, when Pit ducks to start his jump, press Usmash, he will do an gliding Usmash, travelling as far as the dark blue square in the middle of FD. So its like an DAC for Pit^^

@discussion: dito to kupo^^

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Talk about missing the point. I'm not defending what OS said. I'm attacking what you said, you dolt. Neither of you have the right to talk that way regardless of tournament placings, and you certainly don't have the right to say "OMG I've never heard of you so you're bad." Kupo seems to think you're behaving here, but you continue to parade around that same childish idea...

"Putting your money where your mouth is" usually implies that my mouth is telling you I'm better than you, and not once did I ever say that except months ago when you posted under Sir Lucario and your videos were terrible. You've improved much since then, so I'm not saying anything now.

But a money-match will be coming in the future. Don't you worry. Until then your ****-talk means nothing.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Talk about missing the point. I'm not defending what OS said. I'm attacking what you said, you dolt.
Interesting

Neither of you have the right to talk that way regardless of tournament placings, and you certainly don't have the right to say "OMG I've never heard of you so you're bad."
But your the one who is saying we should respect him because of accomplishment. The reason i said i've never heard of you because, Good players get talked about, good players get fame. You make it seem like your so good, and yet you state you don't do that well at tournaments. And i understand that, **** happens and i'm not even gonna talk about you like that.

Kupo seems to think you're behaving here, but you continue to parade around that same childish idea...
Wait for it.......

"Putting your money where your mouth is" usually implies that my mouth is telling you I'm better than you, and not once did I ever say that except months ago when you posted under Sir Lucario and your videos were terrible. You've improved much since then, so I'm not saying anything now.
You can't honestly sit there and say not once you implied that your better than me.

But a money-match will be coming in the future. Don't you worry. Until then your ****-talk means nothing.
here it is, and i'm childish

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i didnt read the whole thread, i kinda dont have the time to despite how much time at my job lol. i was under the impression OS started it, and if so, kind of gives Rogue Pit the right to defend himself and his fellow pits lol

Rogue Pit acting like hes better than OS (not sure if he did that though) is a bit brash. I personally think OS is better but that just means I'll have to train Rogue Pit a bit more so he can master the ROB matchup lol.

The ppl from our crew at Pound 3 was Me, GOTM, and TenNoTensai. GOTM was in your pool, a fox player.

It's definitely has been proven that the EC is by far better than the MW and WC. You can look at it a couple ways:
1. It's pretty undisputed now that DSF is the best player in the WC. DSF went to a near national Brawl tourney on the EC (CH3) and didn't get top 5, something (or similar) that was expected. We sent over Plank (a great but not real TOP player in the EC) to Axis on the WC (biggest brawl tourney yet), and got 3rd. DSF went to MW and rappppeeeeddd! lol. I (along with others) went to a pittsburgh tourney that is almost MW lol, vidjo was there. If I'm not mistaken, vidjo is considered best in MW and lost some crucial matches. However in defense of whatever happened there, it was a long time ago. Unfortunately this point involved a lot of Inui logic lol, so it doesn't makr that much sense.

2. A very good point, the EC has the highest concentration of good players. We have tons of top level players. MW has like OS, Vidjo, Anther, etc. and it starts to drop a bit. WC has DSF, SK, Futile, and more (I just cant remember the names off the top of my head now). However the EC has some of greatest players in the coutnry like M2k, Azen (who are the 2 best) chillin, omni, plank, cort, bum, and more. Those are only our highest players, and we still have all the great players who are at the top of their states like NinjaLink, Velocity, me, Atomsk, spammer, inui (uhg... lol), snakeee, shadow, and more (i kinda cant remember the exact names of the atl south players)

3. Pro opinion. The best players can make the best judgements essentially. Talk to ppl like m2k and azen bout this lol

btw il money match anyone who has posted in this thread lol. (up to this point). im not being stuck up or putting ppl down, i just wanted to say it lol

Doctor X

Smash Lord
You can't honestly sit there and say not once you implied that your better than me.
Yes, yes I can, because I never did aside from that one time months ago. I dare you to find the post where I "implied" that.

here it is, and i'm childish
Denouncing your ****-talk is childish, but ****-talking in the first place is not? You're a pretty backwards-thinking guy. :laugh:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
It's pretty undisputed now that DSF is the best player in the WC. DSF went to a near national Brawl tourney on the EC (CH3) and didn't get top 5, something (or similar) that was expected. We sent over Plank (a great but not real TOP player in the EC) to Axis on the WC (biggest brawl tourney yet), and got 3rd. DSF went to MW and rappppeeeeddd! lol. I (along with others) went to a pittsburgh tourney that is almost MW lol, vidjo was there. If I'm not mistaken, vidjo is considered best in MW and lost some crucial matches. However in defense of whatever happened there, it was a long time ago. Unfortunately this point involved a lot of Inui logic lol, so it doesn't makr that much sense.
DSF is not a standard measurement, nor is Vidjo, first off. You're already kind of seeing the silliness of this logic, I think, since you're already questioning it yourself.

Second off, DSF didn't have nearly as easy time as people are trying to make it sound. His bracket included only two of MW's top players (Anther, and Vidjo) and both players took him to the very last stock. The only person he played from GUNPUNCH! was me, and I'll be the first to tell you I'm their weakest player. He didn't play NoJ, Kel, Overswarm, or Sliq, and many of these players beat him in money matches following the tournament.

Third off, watch the end of this match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsgjHHAzXE

As for your other points, yes I agree that EC all thinks they're the ****, and I think the top players are probably right. Everybody else? Yet to be proven.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Your clouding your judgement to facts by your personally stubbornness.

You said i was being childish for challenging OS, than you added yourself into the equation and i challenged you. Than a money match will be coming, your agree to it, and yet your still above me in maturity.

but it seems your just defending OS, your being his guinea pig, notice he stopped posting, you seem to think so highly of him, and he doesnt even seem to think your good.
He made a pit review on how bad you did.

AND IF YOU HADN'T NOTICED HE CALLED ALL OF US MEDIOCRE PITS INCLUDING YOU.
He publicly dissed you in front of the entire SWF and your standing up for the guy.

Fan struck are we Nurse? Your sad dude. and I'm done, grow some balls and think straight instead of getting so emotional people are talking about your favorite celeb.

But i'm done, this conversation has gone nowhere for the past couple of post. Nothing is going to change, no minds are being persuaded so lets end this here. Say your last thoughts and end this.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
What is wrong with you? Somehow you're unable to see any sort of middle ground between disagreeing with Overswarm and outright insulting him. Believe it or not, you can disagree with somebody without making personal attacks. Your idea that doing otherwise is "manning up" is laughable and again, childish.

And if you read my posts, I did note that he called me mediocre and commented on it several times. I am *not* agreeing with him, and I'm *not* standing up for him for anything aside from telling you not to ****-talk at him like you're both in ****ing middle school. Got it?

kown

Smash Lord
HOBO 11.... EAST COAST, WEST COAST, SOUTHWEST, FLORIDA AREA, and random OOS ppl are coming...this will be the closest thing to a national tournament until mlg. SO COME EVERYONE.

Maybe but still. You cant compare apples to oranges. EC has a ton more great players which means more competition. Ultimately, this means that the person who constantly places 7th could be at the same skill level as the consistent 1st or 2nd place finisher in the Midwest. You can't just go by the numbers always the same way you cant always go by the tier list.
comparing apples to oranges...tasty but a horrible analogy.

Brawl is a completely different game than melee... To me its almost like whoever has the most players will be the better region seeing that brawl is an easy game to pick up without too many ATs. But you could also be entirely wrong in saying EC > MW. it COULD be the opposite when u look a tthe entire population. and a MW player could place better on EC.
wait why are we talking about what region is better?!?! so confused.

Talk about missing the point. I'm not defending what OS said. I'm attacking what you said, you dolt. Neither of you have the right to talk that way regardless of tournament placings, and you certainly don't have the right to say "OMG I've never heard of you so you're bad." Kupo seems to think you're behaving here, but you continue to parade around that same childish idea...
whats a dolt? *sings "why can't we be friends, why can't weee be friends"

I never said he was behaving. Im just telling it as it is.....
rogue behaving...lol

Interesting

But your the one who is saying we should respect him because of accomplishment. The reason i said i've never heard of you because, Good players get talked about, good players get fame. You make it seem like your so good, and yet you state you don't do that well at tournaments. And i understand that, **** happens and i'm not even gonna talk about you like that.
i never saw Dr. X say he was better than you... but in all sincerity im better than you both. :laugh:

As for your other points, yes I agree that EC all thinks they're the ****, and I think the top players are probably right. Everybody else? Yet to be proven.
even m2k says EC is overrated... or something like they think too highly of themselves. dont quote me on that. its somewhere in the houston thread.

Your clouding your judgement to facts by your personally stubbornness.

You said i was being childish for challenging OS, than you added yourself into the equation and i challenged you. Than a money match will be coming, your agree to it, and yet your still above me in maturity.

but it seems your just defending OS, your being his guinea pig, notice he stopped posting, you seem to think so highly of him, and he doesnt even seem to think your good.

He publicly dissed you in front of the entire SWF and your standing up for the guy.

Fan struck are we Nurse? Your sad dude. and I'm done, grow some balls and think straight instead of getting so emotional people are talking about your favorite celeb.

But i'm done, this conversation has gone nowhere for the past couple of post. Nothing is going to change, no minds are being persuaded so lets end this here. Say your last thoughts and end this.
your soo unbelievably childish.

stop getting mad at what someone else thinks and do something about it and not sit here and complain to OS or anyone in that matter. LOL this thread was done from the first post yet your still here trying to persuade OS. let it go. WHY THE EFFF DO U INSULT DR. X? stop being dumb and debate, not lower your self.

so far DR.X has only called u childish....which u are.

And if you read my posts, I did note that he called me mediocre and commented on it several times. I am *not* agreeing with him, and I'm *not* standing up for him for anything aside from telling you not to ****-talk at him like you're both in ****ing middle school. Got it?
got it.

woot longest post in a while...im so happy. so very happy.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
DSF is not a standard measurement, nor is Vidjo, first off. You're already kind of seeing the silliness of this logic, I think, since you're already questioning it yourself.

Second off, DSF didn't have nearly as easy time as people are trying to make it sound. His bracket included only two of MW's top players (Anther, and Vidjo) and both players took him to the very last stock. The only person he played from GUNPUNCH! was me, and I'll be the first to tell you I'm their weakest player. He didn't play NoJ, Kel, Overswarm, or Sliq, and many of these players beat him in money matches following the tournament.

Third off, watch the end of this match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsgjHHAzXE

The midwest is awful. PERIOD. Don't even attempt to argue, you just look stupid.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I used to think Sliq was the biggest jerk on Smashboards, and he's generally not serious at all... Then Plank comes along proving nothing but mid-level EC's collective ego problem.

Funny I don't remember him being this belligerent irl. -.-

kupo15

Smash Hero
One match doesn't deem whose better either. That vid would be like me finding a vid of me beating m2k once (that would be nice) and posting it here to try and prove something. But I would like to say that was quite an exciting match.

Brawl is a completely different game than melee...To me its almost like whoever has the most players will be the better region....
Which proves why EC is better

But you could also be entirely wrong in saying EC > MW. it COULD be the opposite when u look a the entire population. and a MW player could place better on EC.

How could he be expected to perform well if there are not as much competition due to lack of a good brawl scene (compared to EC) and thus great players?

(the following is in response to several parts of your long post)
No offense kown, but please don't post unrelated stuff to try and "lighten the mood." It gets us nowhere. Peace cannot always be made in this fashion.

kown

Smash Lord
How could he be expected to perform well if there are not as much competition due to lack of a good brawl scene and thus great players?

No offense kown, but please don't post unrelated stuff to try and "lighten the mood" It gets us nowhere. Peace cannot always be made in this fashion.
your right...if im not serious than im not contributing to a heated debate. cuz thats what we want. no peace is made through non violent actions, flamimg not being one of them...woah i actually learned something from my blow off peace class?!?!

okay so how do u know they lack a good brawl scene? you cant even prove they lack competition. your being biased.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I don't really know myself but based off of Chibos and other posts. That is what I gathered from them. And I should correct that to "not as good a brawl scene"
Sorry

Doctor X

Smash Lord
One match doesn't deem whose better either. That vid would be like me finding a vid of me beating m2k once (that would be nice) and posting it here to try and prove something. But I would like to say that was quite an exciting match.
It's a lot more than "one match." DSF was a head by about 100% and Sliq came back. AND Sliq was Bowser.

Of course it doesn't prove Sliq is better. At the very least, though, it proves that DSF isn't so much better than anybody in the MW that the region can be disregarded entirely.

I'm not saying MW is the best region. I very seriously doubt we are. But honestly... Some of you guys really need to cut it out with the exaggeration. Somehow a down to the very wire victory is translated to "OMG *****!!!" with you guys. It's like you're all looking for the slightest excuse to talk trash. Disgusting, if you ask me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Not at all. That was a very good match and I dont consider that ****. And Im also not dissing the skills of the MW either.

Tiers dont mean a thing in my mind. It just shows which characters are naturally better. Its mainly about the player controlling it.

And you cant say that one vid doesnt prove that Sliq is better and then immediately say that one vid does prove that DSF isn't so much better than someone in the MW. That is a bit of a contradiction.

Also I think you have to consider a players specialty because idk if DSF specialty is in singles and Sliq is in doubles. I think this plays some sort of role since singles and doubles are different mind sets.

I was also just giving the same response I was given when I said very early in this thread "I won a tourney match with wingdashing. Wingdash>Fsmash"

Kown: yes he is. When I ment others, I ment others who spoke in this thread such as Doc and others (as in I know I saw it but dont feel the need to search for 15 mins to find proof)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Not at all. That was a very good match and I dont consider that ****. And Im also not dissing the skills of the MW either.
Sorry for lumping you in... I'm mostly trying to address people like Plank and Rogue.

And you cant say that one vid doesnt prove that Sliq is better and then immediately say that one vid does prove that DSF isn't so much better than someone in the MW. That is a bit of a contradiction.
If "Sliq is better" and "DSF isn't so much better" were at all the same statement, it would be a contradiction, but they're not.

Here's how EC (and maybe WC) players would have you think of these two players:

DSF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sliq

When it actuality, as this video demonstrates:

DSF >= Sliq

or maybe

Sliq > DSF...

We don't really know... yet for some reason people want to say DSF "*****" everyone in the MW. :confused:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Np its cool. I think there is far too much assuming going on on both sides and that is one example how it gets ppl in trouble.

"Of course it doesn't prove Sliq is better. At the very least, though, it proves that DSF isn't so much better than anybody in the MW that the region can be disregarded entirely."

It seems like they are in the same statement. Not only are they in the same paragraph but you connected the two sentences with "at the very least". They both dont have to be in the same sentence to be related. And you also said

"though, it proves that DSF"

it referring to the video.

I have no opinion about what everyone thinks of DSF and Sliq cause I really dont know.

And this one vid still cant be the only factor that proves

"DSF >= Sliq
or maybe
Sliq > DSF..."

Ppl do make mistakes, have bad days and have specialties...none of which are presented in the video. You would have to be there or be playing that person to truely know. This feels like another assumption.

Idk about the DSF ***** everyone in MW so I cant comment again.

kown

Smash Lord
okay so were all thinking this and i ahve to say this.

rogue pit is always at the center of the pit threads when thiers flaming.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea as kupo said im from east coast

m2k didnt say ec is overrated, in fact, i would believe he thinks the opposite. he knows the **** we are lol. ur probably mistaking that with him saying NJ is very overrated, or something else.

someones gotta be at the center of the threads when theres flames about, it just so happens that rogue pit is only one who was man enough to take it lol

i highly doubt hobo11 will be the closest thing to a national tourney. im not saying something else has, but im saying i dont think that will be it. i would personally love to hold a national tourney (on the EC yeah!! lol) and im working things out with my school, and im making cool progress. dont worry, rogue pit will be there hahaha. i wonder who i would team with at it.... hmmmmm.....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do realize that this place has lacked talk about Pit and I do realize that Pit is one of the chars that some ppl think is average. All they must know is his excellent Edgeguarding, Ledgecamping and Gimping capabilities against opponents (Gimping opponents varies with the opponent).
Some also underestimate the Mirror Shield, which is more useful than some think.

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
i highly doubt hobo11 will be the closest thing to a national tourney. im not saying something else has, but im saying i dont think that will be it. i would personally love to hold a national tourney (on the EC yeah!! lol) and im working things out with my school, and im making cool progress. dont worry, rogue pit will be there hahaha. i wonder who i would team with at it.... hmmmmm.....
Provide me a ride and I'll come :D (like anyone cares about me DX)

Wow we sure do get off topic quickly.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Kown you keep saying stuff, and implying it, kown why don't you just come out and say what you think. Stop gently saying stuff, poppin in and out of the conversation adding your 2 sense. Say what you feel.

As for everyone esle, as i said this conversation is getting nowhere, just end it. It's truely pointless and nothing is going to change out of it.

kown

Smash Lord
basically this thread is full of fail

it will be the closest thing to national tournament so far. m2k , azen, dsf, edreeces, and ppl from florida...and every where. i think houston has the biggest tournaments with consistency in the nation too.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I hope ppl read this since it took me, ****, 2 hours 40 mins to write!!??? Regardless, it was fun.

I really apologize Doc since the following seems to put you in the spotlight a lot. Im just trying to tell it as it is with my interpretation. Correct my wrong statemenst

Ok so let me attempt to prove why this thread got out of hand with the Rogue vs the world:

Everything was fine until OS decided to say that
But this thread hasn't been anything but mediocre pit players patting themselves on the back, so there will be no progress.
Rogue was fine before this as stated in post 136.
I've been trying to go about the situation calmy, but you just pissed me off. Just because your in BR doesn't mean your the omnipotent being of smash, but i'm done conversing over a forum, put your skill where your mouth is and back up your reasoning
Maniaclyrasist was the first to oppose Rogue by saying
All of this is unnecessary Rogue. Calling out OS like that is doing you no favors individually and are somewhat childish and what could be causing the BR to look down on the Pit boards in the first place.
OS responds in post 144
I'm good, get over it. Regardless, being good has nothing to do with what I'm saying, but it should be enough to make you unplug your ears and listen. The stuff you are preaching doesn't work. It's flashy, and not effective.
Post 147 Rogue responds
If you were to see I'm not partically, defending the ATs, merely said your decisions were made hastly, I'm done, but you just insulted all the pits here as if you know them. Just as i said you were bad which i agree was a bit immature but you did the same thing. And i will admit 2 wrongs don't make a right, so i'll leave you to what ever you do, and leave you to believing all pits is bad. But i still invite you to East Coast, and i don't take back my challenge. Have a good day.
So this is a calm Rogue and admits he was a little out of place. I agree with the bolded statement so this is not out of line.

Doc replies in Post 149. This is why I believe the true cause of the rest of the flaming
Oh yeah, and Rogue, you're not helping anybody by acting like that, least of all yourself. OS has proven himself as one of the top players in his region. Insulting his skill isn't going to get you anywhere, especially seeing as the same can't really be said for you.

Argue with facts, not prickwaving, please.
IMO, this was not necessary. Rogue has already been told about his behavior and he already apologized for it. Doc also blatantly insults Rogue and is one of the reasons Rogue says that "Doc is defending OS".
(the color is to be explained later on)

Fujiwara in post 153 confronts Rogue with bad video evidence to prove Rogue wrong
Actually you're the one who is bad with Pit (I don't blame you, just read more). You have not yet the experience to judge him. You can compare Pits pretty easily if they have some kind of basic-knowledge or not.
This is very quickly resolved due to my help (:)) and thinks are cool with this.

Post 156 Rogue answers Doc's insults
Don't disrespect me, you know nothing of my region. and I'm power rankings do some research. And Actually read....

I'm so tire of people.................
Fine by me, he had the right to defend himself.

Doc responds in 158 with
You didn't have any problems disrespecting Overswarm and he's third in Midwest rankings.
Another example of Doc defending OS. But in this post starts a flame war inside a flame war. Doc says
Try leaving your state for a change.
So Doc is assuming Rogue is all talk.

mimic_king in post 159 feeds off of Doc's post by bashing Rogue
Who's the troll now? I didn't come on these boards for a while. I now see that it has turned to this. This thread is full of arguments first starting with me, and now you're insulting quite possibly the best ROB player out there. If you think
you're so great yourself, why don't you prove it and go to a tournament like Doctor X said? And don't try to ask who am I to tell you these things.
with a quote from rogue in post 136. In the same post, he also starts something with:
So before you say anything again, keep in mind that OS has shown much more intelligence then you have and you can't say anything back.
Rogue responds in post 162
Your lover OS has shown more intelligence by doing what? Apparently he has a lot to reconsider based on what I've seen.
I agree since OS has been acting like an ignorant know-it-all by stating his opinion and not listening to others. He deliberately ignores valid points from others trying to defend the ATs and instead picks fights with other posts like Rogue. Sagemoon agrees in post 167 about OS' "intelligence" with
So pretty much you just arrogantly stated that you're leagues better than every pit player. Not only that but you're better with their character... Now I know you're a good ROB, but when are you going to step down and realize that there is intelligence and skill in this discussion? By continuing to insult everyone you just come off as an arrogant ****. You're probably not, but seriously... It seems you have a lack of knowledge of the people in this forum.

Edit: This was directed at OS.
What a great post completely ignored. I thought this was a discussion not a "we are right your wrong" which is what this has become. Proof can be found in post 165 by OS who says
I made the WCD on Pit for that week because I noticed the Pit boards were full of pre-teens high fiving each other for doing a flip kick on their skateboard one out of ten times, but when Tony Hawk and his friends dropped in to explain a few things they observed, they just got pissed off and kept doing flip kicks.
This is proof because I respond in post 173 asking him why he thinks so. But he ignores me as well as Sagemoon who has asked if he was included in the "mediocre pit club" But this is another flame war thats not related and isn't mentioned again. So back to Rogue vs the world.

In post 166, Doc questions Rogue's tourney credibility
So where were in you the standings at CH3 and 4, then? Nowhere? Why is the best placing I can find of you 13th out of 33 at a tournament where none of the top 5 from the EC's circuit showed?

Why do you suddenly think you're better than me for not having heard of me, when you so clearly lack any tournament cred beyond my own?
Rogue responds in post 168 with
Yea months ago i placed like that when i've only been in competitive smash for 3-4 months now. Tourneys don't come around enough for me to effectively prove myself. And who said anything about you? Your obsessed with yourself, my entire statements were argued towards OS and you hopped in and started talking about yourself? I could care less about you, like i said i few months ago, basically your nothing to me, i couldnt care less what you place.
The bolded is Rogue nailing the cause of the flame wars up to this point on the head. This goes back to post 149 which is the part of this post in red. In fact, Doc double posted (who cares btw) and the first of the two post was Doc agreeing with Rogue!! Doc and Rogue go from being cool with each other to vs enemies in one post!

So continuing on, Doc deems Rogues
Yea months ago i placed like that when i've only been in competitive smash for 3-4 months now. Tourneys don't come around enough for me to effectively prove myself.
reply as a john. Here is another assumption on Doc's part.

In post 181, Rogue responds to it with
Am i suppose to travel all over EC at age 16? Dr. X dude just get some common sense, and actually review your post before hitting the submit.
I agree. Rogue has a legitimate for not being able to travel a lot. I know him IRL. I wont disclose the reason but trust me...I dont see why you wouldn't.

In the same post, Rogue says
I wasn't talkin to you at the beginning until you address me is what i mean. You came from nowhere all on OS nuts, when he obviously don't think your a good player.
This is very true. This goes back to the red text again. And him stating Doc being on "OS' nuts" is justified with facts. But IMO, Rogue maybe shouldn't have said this. This probably prolonged the flames a little more with this "on OS' nuts confusion.

In post 190 Doc responds to the "tourney johning"
Fact or no it's still a john. You wish to imply that you're good enough to compete among the best EC players, and the only reason you haven't is cause you're 16 and can't travel.
Here is a mistake on both sides with assumptions. Doc never specified where he expects Rogue to travel to. I assumed he wanted him to travel to TX or CA which would explain why Rogue responded with
Am i suppose to travel all over EC at age 16? Dr. X dude just get some common sense, and actually review your post before hitting the submit.
In post 191, Rogue responds with his own assumptions
Actually i do compete with the best of EC, i see m2k at every single tourney i attend. I had to play Azen and Chillin in a doubles match, and i've played m2k several times, and chilled with ninjalink.
Rouge assumes that Doc referred to traveling as in going to nearby tourneys. Both Chibo and I vouch for him that he does attend tourneys. He lives only 30 mins away from m2k. Ppl are probably wondering how he manages to play with ppl such as DSF, m2k and others who live way far away when he doesnt travel. Simple. ChiboSempai has connections with a lot of amazing players. When there are major tourneys around here, Chibo offers his house to the great players for the tourneys. Chibo is about a 20 min bike ride from Rogue's house which means that Rogue does play the best due to this connection. In friendlies and in tourneys when they are close by since he finds rides where the major players attend.

Post 195 is a breakthrough in this thread with DemonicTrilogy responding to Me (post 193) with
Anyone thinking of explaining any of this to OS?
Rogue agrees in post 196. **silent victory for us Pits

Then in post 200, Doc starts agreeing with both Rogue and myself!! This is good that we finally agree again by saying exactly what has been said on Post 148 (red txt again), the post before the start of the flaming. So basically 52 post later...no progress...kinda
In the second half of this post, Doc goes back to address Rogue about his credibility to compete with the best (which was already explained)
And Rogue... seriously... Seeing M2K and Chillin and all them in person doesn't mean you can "compete" with them...placing around their level in the EC circuit would be "competing" with them. I *know* you haven't done the latter, and I seriously doubt the former.
So Doc isnt giving Rogue the benefit of the doubt here. His last paragraph of the post is
As for "being on OS's nuts," recognizing his accomplishments is that absolute *least* I or anybody else, including you, owes to him. You and I may not agree with him but he's won upwards of 15 tournaments and placed among the top players in his region-- people from five or six different states-- consistently. I think 9th is the worst he's ever done. If you don't think that's worthy of not being ****-talked at by people who can't nearly say the same, then you've got some seriously messed up values. If anybody needs to man the **** up here, it's you.
Another point of Rogue for Doc being on "OS' nuts" not to mention the start of more **** talking.

So then later on in post 205, Doc replies to Chibo defending Rogue and providing a little light into Rogue rep. maybe to provide a hint that Doc is assuming wrongly of Rogue, IDK
rogue pit does have plenty of competition and keeps up. hes practiced at my place with m2k, with ninjalink, hes gone to tourneys with azen, chillin, chu, me (lol), and is power ranked. and i can also say that RP is def getting better as time goes on, and im confident he will be in the top 3 in PA soon.
A little progress with Doc somewhat agreeing to Rogue's skill but it has a twist to it.
Once again defending OS when OS is clearly guilty of the same thing. I state this in post 207
They both are great players. Regardless of position, OS still has no right to talk to Rogue (nor the rest of the community) the way he did the same way Rogue had no right to have said what he said. Stop just blaming it all on Rouge with this "OS is so accomplished BS" They are both at fault
So back to post 205 where Doc is responding to Chibo with many quotes. The first being whats in blue and the second quote Doc takes back what he said about Rogue's skill.
Oh no, I agree 100%. Nothing gives him that right. But Rogue's not arguing that. He's trying to respond in kind and talk down to OS-- a proven top-level player, which Rogue is not. All he's going to accomplish in that regard is to solidify OS's position as "right" as far as the Back Room is concerned.
So a little more progress with some sort of agreement as Doc takes our side by agreeing with Chibo's post about OS
In the same post Doc says
Maybe true, but I really doubt it's to such an extreme that Rogue Pit should be able to disregard his accomplishments entirely.
Agree. Rogue may have said stuff he shouldnt have. He was being pressured by everyone btw. (Not saying he was right or wrong)

Rogue immediately responds in post 206 with another good point
Dr. your missing the entire argument, you defending OS for being a gay and how badly he dissed you publicly, yet i challenged him, and he should speak for yourselfhimself,
This goes back to the red txt...yet again!!

Post 209, Doc replies
Talk about missing the point. I'm not defending what OS said. I'm attacking what you said, you dolt. Neither of you have the right to talk that way regardless of tournament placings, and you certainly don't have the right to say "OMG I've never heard of you so you're bad."
Well I think we established that Doc may have been defending OS without knowing it. I also agree with the bold. But this a contradiction because here he says
Neither of you have the right to talk that way regardless of tournament placings
but in post 205 Doc says
So from post 205-209 there is a change of opinion for some reason which is fine. Maybe Doc corrected himself which is cool.

Now we get a little sidetracked with which region is better. This started in post 204 by Chibo stating
people keep bringing up OS is one of the best in his region, but out of the 3 main regions (east, midwest, west), midwest is by far the worst and east coast is easily the best.
This is the same post chibo tries to provide proof of Rogue's credibility.

And FINALLY we reach rogue's last post in #215 after some small bickering which I am too tired from going through this whole mess to figure out. First point by rogue
You said i was being childish for challenging OS, than you added yourself into the equation and i challenged you.
Completely true. He did challenge OS until Doc challenged Rogue (red txt) which lead to this

Second
Basically a summary of what happened. I think I proved where Rogue thinks Doc defends OS for reasons unknown since its seems OS made this thread a review of Doc. (sorry man, its not your fault)

Third
We should be on the same side.

Post 216 Doc responds
What is wrong with you? Somehow you're unable to see any sort of middle ground between disagreeing with Overswarm and outright insulting him. Believe it or not, you can disagree with somebody without making personal attacks.
True, Rogue may have been over the top at times.

Yay, we agree and have common ground. I wish the bolded was said way earlier. That may have been a bad assumption on Rogue's part with your reasons for defending OS.

To try and make things more even, Rogue probably overracted.

FINALLY DONE!!!

kupo15

Smash Hero
I tried to be unbiased and see both sides. Forgive me if I forgot to include things..
I will not say who is right or wrong.

**cant feel my fingers...:)

sagemoon

Smash Lord
That post seriously had way too many quotes in it.... but no one responds to any of my posts so what do i care lol.

kupo15

Smash Hero
haha, i needed to provide proof. I was bored so decided to take on the task.

I hope noone points fingers because if doing so starts another flame war, im sure as hell not going to recap it again!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom