• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
The range of Mewtwo's side B is just...I don't know what to say. Its so unfair, no matter how far away you are, its just NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET AWAY!!!

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Meh, Mewtwo isn't so tough.

Just pick Captain Falcon, he's got an Infinite Release Grab on him!
i did this to my friend
lol he was getting so pissed cuz he couldnt even beat me with Mewtwo.
and i dont even no what you guys are talking about, cuz PT CLEARLY counter Mewtwo

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I am so glad it's Mewtwo this week. I am literally at my wits end with this character. My entire game just collapses whenever I play against Mewtwo. No matter how much I mix up my game I just get owned. This match up for me has come to the point where it is unbearable. I need some serious advice and help because right I just feel like giving up and going back to SSB4. Someone please enlighten this pathetic scrub who comes begging for your knowledge on how to defeat such a foe

strangely mundane

Smash Journeyman
I am so glad it's Mewtwo this week. I am literally at my wits end with this character. My entire game just collapses whenever I play against Mewtwo. No matter how much I mix up my game I just get owned. This match up for me has come to the point where it is unbearable. I need some serious advice and help because right I just feel like giving up and going back to SSB4. Someone please enlighten this pathetic scrub who comes begging for your knowledge on how to defeat such a foe
Only one thing to do, mewtwo ditto :(

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This topic delivers... pizza.
Fixed for deliciousness.

His bair is so broken, you can just spam CRUD (C-stick {any direction}, Reverse Uair, Down-b) to instantly win, and is the only true spike in Brawl, imagine that. It has the start-up lag of Squirtle's up-tilt, can't be shielded, the hitbox is a combination of 2 of Snake's f-tilt, lasts 0.4 seconds longer than G&W's bair, and cannot be canceled.
Lol wut?

Oh, and when you get beaten by Mewtwo, you don't just get owned, you get mentally scarred. Just this afternoon, after my cat 3-stocked me, I was rocking back and forth, with GC controller in hand repeating,
"The Darkness shall prevail, there is no escape."

All of the fanboys are laughing right now, I can't even eat spaghetti without their inescapable laughter, mocking me and abusing Brawl's metagame...

PK Hexagon

Smash Apprentice
>_> Kind of hoping for some serious discussion.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I didn't see the date on the new update.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
This discussion is serious though.

Duuuh.
QFT

He can't be banned he's the only 100% Meta counter. He has a weakness though, the lag on his d-smash allows for a possible hit (though as small as it is, there are chances). Though the problem is that once you hit him Mewtwo's aura kicks in boosting his attack power by x25 :ohwell:.

SandStorm7

Smash Cadet
I want to get action replay for Brawl now. OMG YES Mewtwo. Hah too bad no more smash games will come out to feature him legitimately.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
*wonders how long til scrubs realize this is a free way to boost post count*

I think mewtwo's jab should be balanced out. They already come out on frame 1, they don't need to consume the entire stage in hitboxes too.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
*wonders how long til scrubs realize this is a free way to boost post count*

I think mewtwo's jab should be balanced out. They already come out on frame 0, they don't need to consume the entire stage in hitboxes too.
Fixed. And they don't create "hitboxes", they just place one hitbox with the same boundaries as the blast lines. Thus, the only way to escape Mewtwo is to kill yourself, but no one could airdodge long enough to make it.

Mewtwo must be banned.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
wow... the "after the cool part" posts are efing ********.
all of them.
even the cool ones.

i say M2 should not be banned though, because he actually has an even matchup vs. Sonic, and Ganon.

Sonic is the only character that can match his speed, and has a true combo on him until like 120%. if you master it then you can just do the UpB glitch and M2 will die.

and Ganon is the only to match his strength. he also has an awesome CG on him thet leads into a guaranteed Dair on stage. if you just CG until 200% it might kill him.

and about the full stage hitbox... it only works if you use his "ultimate more-colors-than-all-the-colors-in-the-universe-even-the-parallel-universes+one-more-color" alt costume. so really just that alt should be banned.

*gasp* oh no my post is now efing ********!
[/serious discussion]

Darkurai

Smash Master
Mewtwo is not top tier, actually. I've uncovered some new information:

Mewtwo is not in the realm.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is not top tier, actually. I've uncovered some new information:

Mewtwo is not in the standard tier list, because hes so awesome he gets his own tier list that only includes him..
fixed.

its called the "dedicated to Melee-Falcons mainlyness teir list."

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
mewtwo isnt in brawl u guyz are dum i swer im going to like report ur postz to teh mods then theyll deel with u trolls.

PWNED NUBS.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
wow a stupid thread by a mod just wow
...With some of the threads you've made in the past, are you really one to pass judgment like this?

Oh, that's right. Someone's late to the party and doesn't understand the purpose of this thread.

...Plus, you're not in the realm, as Darkurai has pointed out with Mewtwo.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
...With some of the threads you've made in the past, are you really one to pass judgment like this?

Oh, that's right. Someone's late to the party and doesn't understand the purpose of this thread.

...Plus, you're not in the realm, as Darkurai has pointed out with Mewtwo.
u r a mod plz lock this thread man its spam and PPPLZ make me a modertator. Kk thanks i luv u youki <3 XOXO.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
that screenshot of Mewtwo vs. Lucario in the first post looks awesome, hell it would have fooled me if I was a noobie at Smash, but luckily I ain't :p

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I wanna discuss some of mewtwo's matchups now.

PK trainer vs. Mewtwo:
advantages- squirtle's pretty quick at dealing damage
-ivy actually has a cg on mewtwo
-charzard can combo well into rock smash

disadvantages:
Mewtwo can (and WILL) force choke that cowardly ***** chillin in the background (yes YOU PKT!). This causes the pokemon to loose the will to win and weep ferociously (this makes a good set up for an Fsmash).

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Woulda fooled me if the guy below it didn't have a Melee render in his sig and the thing didn't look like a Stadium model.

It is a nice photoshop, though.
Photoshop? You know there's a mode called Diorama mode where you can place your trophies like that, right? It's just a regular screenshot of the Lucario trophy and the Mewtwo trophy in the space backround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom