• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Javi the best player at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Hbox pooped on Javi, thats true. He also pooped on Mango.
Hbox is really really good and everyone knows that.
Javi didnt just beat PP, he 2-0d PP after 2-0 Hax and a bunch more. I'm not really sure what else there is to prove in here. Theres probably not any other players other than Armada, Hbox and Mango who can beat him.
And while PP was sick, Javi was rusty as hell, there havent been any tournaments in Mexico for more than a year, not to mention he stopped training after winning his last tournament in like 2009 or something and barely plays cause he works and studies at the same time(not johning for him, just so you know he was rusty, still his fault).
But now the guy is pissed and he will most likely destroy Hbox next time, he aint just a normal player training to be good, the guy has some stupid amount of talent and now he is prepared and knows exactly what to expect from the best of the best.
I stopped reading when you compared hbox to mango and armada.

The Star King

Smash Hero
While we're exposing Merkuri, have you guys considered the possibility that he actually IS Strife? I think Strife popped up around the time Merkuri got banned/disappeared, and Merkuri came back when Strife was banned. Plus I noticed a similarity in their personalities before ever hearing about this "New Strife" stuff so I think it's kind of fishy that he's so similar to Strife that multiple people would notice independently from one another.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I told him to go falco doll lol. His young link is pretty beast tho. Actually he went pika and falco vs hugs.

And don't sweat it axe, we all hold you with highest regards still.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I told him to go falco doll lol. His young link is pretty beast tho. Actually he went pika and falco vs hugs.

And don't sweat it axe, we all hold you with highest regards still.
That was my doing lol
*telling him to go Pika and Falco vs hugs*
(Sorry hugo)

=^_^=
Meow

:phone:

AXE 09

Smash Master
Ahhhh thanks guys lol ^^

My john is that I lost hahaha :p

No johns, a loss is a loss ^^ I'll try again next time.

On topic though I LOVE Javi's Fox

EDIT:

Ooopies sowie bestie

My john for Axe is no warm up bc on Thursdays tourney he was ****** mothafaahkahs with young link

That was my doing lol
*telling him to go Pika and Falco vs hugs*
(Sorry hugo)

=^_^=
Meow

Ily bestie :)
Emily <3

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well I'm still gonna miss it.

On topic: I thought Javi would have 2-0d most of his opponents like he did to Hax and Dr. Peepee. But he struggled with almost all of them.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
yo someone make Axe Falco vs Javi Fox happen

would be insanely fast and techy and actually good unlike Dark lol

permanently blinded from the amount of doubleshines

and I would agree that America > Europe... in America. Keep in mind that Apex is an American tournament.

people in Europe are probably saying that X American player isn't as good as X European player until he goes to Europe and proves otherwise

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Ahahahahahaha Merkuri exposure made this thread grande.

Javi inspired me to use the Javi tag, screw Mango from now on.
Javi was my reinforcement to using blu fox

Previously it was Lovage but I think blu is growing and will soon surpass (if it hasn't already) red and green in terms of best fox color

Also Mango used blu in LF against Hbox

Even if it was just a shoutout or respect thing, I think he's catching on

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
I find it extremely interesting and possible that Javi may have been the best fox back in 2006... anyway
yo someone make Axe Falco vs Javi Fox happen

would be insanely fast and techy and actually good unlike Dark lol

permanently blinded from the amount of doubleshines

and I would agree that America > Europe... in America. Keep in mind that Apex is an American tournament.

people in Europe are probably saying that X American player isn't as good as X European player until he goes to Europe and proves otherwise
I definitely agree we need to prove ourselves in a European tournament. Even if it's just once. Home turf can make a difference. Speaking of which there's a big Canadian tournament coming up in July I think..... but Dark is amazing imo

Javi was my reinforcement to using blu fox

Previously it was Lovage but I think blu is growing and will soon surpass (if it hasn't already) red and green in terms of best fox color

Also Mango used blu in LF against Hbox

Even if it was just a shoutout or respect thing, I think he's catching on
Blu fox is bestest... hands down. SO FLUID

strawhats

Smash Master
Javi is incredible and it was really fun to se him preform well and I know he can do it again. But when I talked with him about how much he play I did not get the feeling he was that much out of practice. Of course it can be becasue maybe it would have sound a bit arrogant but I don't think so. He said he did practice with someone (don't remeber the nickname) twice a week.

Well Im looking forward to the next time Javi will be playing against some of the great players =)
Did u play some friendlies with him?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Of course. I'm communicating with Mexico currently, when the next big national comes up like at the end of the year or next year, if they have their visa's and stuff all set, we'll try and get a good player fund going for a few of them.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
tuga deserves the fund this time..i know he won't do as well as his brother but i really wanna see that falco in action in usa

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ahhhh thanks guys lol ^^

My john is that I lost hahaha :p

No johns, a loss is a loss ^^ I'll try again next time.
Oh my ****ing lord, Axe is a goddam man. This may be the first time I've ever seen a perfect response to a disappointing tourney performance.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright, I'll step in here!

Should Javi be ranked high up with people such as Armada, Hbox, M2K, Mango, and PP?! Honestly, not yet! His performance at Apex was sure as hell impressive and he did much more than people thought he would! However, I can't help but to think of Amsah's performance when he came over to Pound 4 and took home 3rd place only to come back to the states and not perform as he once did! There will certainly be some more pressure on Javi next time he comes over since people are gonna expected more of him!

Also, his match against Hbox is understandable since players don't know the Jiggs match up well! Apex 2010 showed us just that in GF when it was Armada vs Hbox! Armada sat down, learned some stuff on Puff and hasn't lost to one since then! So, will there be some 'Amsah' effect on Javi's following tournaments here in the states or will he learn the matchups and have a dominance in the scene! I'm holding out for the latter!

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Dark's really technical but I think he's just like Silent wolf, High tech skill, high excitement, makes bracket, finishes around 13-17
uhhh... consistently getting 13/17 at every national is really, really good lol.

Dark also probably isn't that good. can't say without seeing him play tho

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Now I think Dark will do well if he ever comes up :)
I'm still more interested in the rest of Mexico's top players than Dark.
Dark's really technical but I think he's just like Silent wolf, High tech skill, high excitement, makes bracket, finishes around 13-17
dark is nowhere near that good lol.
ya id be surprised if he made round2 pools
There are like, 5 other people in Mexico better than Tuga. Dark is bad.
uhhh... consistently getting 13/17 at every national is really, really good lol.

Dark also probably isn't that good. can't say without seeing him play tho

...Dark is not Mexican, he's from Chile! LOL

Even the image link is sadface.

And he's only technical; even BigD beat him pretty well.

Also EX > Tuga these days apparently, but Tuga + Javi would be the best team.

Bing

Smash Master
I know Silent Wolf is better, no intention to insult or anything, my main point was simply that they are both highly technical and fun to watch. And Yes getting 13th/17th is really good, so please dont think that I was saying otherwise.

And lol @ Dark being Mexican...

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
wait lol everyone actually thought dark was from mexico? I thought this was "yeah mexico had **** players, now we should bring dark!"

bing, i would say dark is the new-age old school silent wolf. Crazy good with techskill even for this era of smash, but lacking the mental aspects of the game. Eventually dark will understand things better (hopefully) and he'll utilize that techskill in great ways.

I know for a FACT, that dark would not have made bracket at apex.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
wait lol everyone actually thought dark was from mexico? I thought this was "yeah mexico had **** players, now we should bring dark!"

bing, i would say dark is the new-age old school silent wolf. Crazy good with techskill even for this era of smash, but lacking the mental aspects of the game. Eventually dark will understand things better (hopefully) and he'll utilize that techskill in great ways.

I know for a FACT, that dark would not have made bracket at apex.
This is obvious but I'll say it anyways.

You cannot know for a fact that Dark would not have made bracket at Apex.

Bing

Smash Master
No I Agree, He's hella technical and flashy but doesnt have the smarts of mental games to be a major threat.

He probably would finish 3rd seed round 2 pools.... At Apex atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom