• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How about you stop thinking that MK walls out Wario and start thinking of ways to get inside
Your aerial mobility is ****ing ****
While Wario's aerial mobility is indeed superior to MK's. The speed of MK's aerials presents a problem for Wario. The fact he can go throw out different moves and be relatively safe is a pretty big problem. Then we fact in his ground speed MK can cover a lot of Wario's options because of how quickly he recovers from his aerials and how fast he is in general. However, like you said it's on the Wario to find a way to get inside. However, your comment seems short sided and very narrow minded and doesn't take any of these things into account.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
While Wario's aerial mobility is indeed superior to MK's. The speed of MK's aerials presents a problem for Wario. The fact he can go throw out different moves and be relatively safe is a pretty big problem. Then we fact in his ground speed MK can cover a lot of Wario's options because of how quickly he recovers from his aerials and how fast he is in general. However, like you said it's on the Wario to find a way to get inside. However, your comment seems short sided and very narrow minded and doesn't take any of these things into account.
Wow @ that last sentence. I mentioned aerial mobility as a place to start. Be positive and think more!; Wario is not as hopeless as Zelda

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Wario boards are lame as ****.

Coney lost to me because he was playing bad and because I put in unreal amounts of time learning the MU. Coney is just as good as me if not better. Like...I'm insulted that someone could even say "because I saw malcolm beat coney...Wario vs DDD isnt our worst MU". If there was a Wario who was going to beat a DDD it was going to be me. I put in more time than ANY OF U ON HERE practicing that matchup. I have more experience in it and its really all that I focus on. It is my best matchup and my most hated matchup. How ignorant can you be to make a statement like that?

DDD has been dominating our character for almost a year now and my one win somehow changes everything? Dude...look @ MK. What MK MAINS HAVENT WE BEATEN? Who are the MK gods @ the MU? Is it Tyrant who just lost to Atomsk's Wario @ MLG? Is it Anti who suffered the same fate? Is it Dojo who lost to Bassem? Is it Mew2king who I personally took to last game last hit? Oh or maybe its Seibrik who loses to CO's wario and then goes DDD? Oh or LeeMartin maybe? Oh wait DMG came thru with just dair and forced him onto Lucario. Who is it? It's not any of the MKs in my region. It's not any of the MKs in ur region. So who in the flying **** is it that has us so wrapped around the idea that MK is our worst MU? Wario players need to stop being so self-defeating in a winnable mu and look @ the more difficult one. Its honestly infuriating to try and post on these boards with people reciting frame data that doesnt matter. Lemme tell u how much i give a **** about MKs SH fair. I couldn't conceivably care less about that move. If the MK is doing SH fair and hes not a moron...I dont need frame data to see I cant touch him. If he's being a moron then yes u can punish him. U can punish anyone when they are being a moron. Any character 2.

I loooooooove all the Wario players that I've met, but these boards are just the worst. People don't post here for a reason. Attacking Coney is jus lame man.

Malcolm out 4 gud. Hit me up on AIM if you want help.

If u namesearched this PLEASE post on it. I spelled all of your names correctly for a reason.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I believe if you play the matchups right, both MK and D3 are even against Wario. D3 does not "destroy Wario" by any means, and if he does then you're playing the matchp wrong. I have tons of D3 practice, and I really believe the mu is even. Same with MK and Falco, and whoever.

Zen Master.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I believe if you play the matchups right, both MK and D3 are even against Wario.

Zen Master.
You're a ****ing moron. DDD vs Wario is terrible. Also get @ me being the highest placing Wario out of all the MLGs. Says a lot about you mains :p

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Dude...look @ MK. What MK MAINS HAVENT WE BEATEN? Who are the MK gods @ the MU? Is it Tyrant who just lost to Atomsk's Wario @ MLG? Is it Anti who suffered the same fate? Is it Dojo who lost to Bassem? Is it Mew2king who I personally took to last game last hit? Oh or maybe its Seibrik who loses to CO's wario and then goes DDD? Oh or LeeMartin maybe? Oh wait DMG came thru with just dair and forced him onto Lucario. Who is it? It's not any of the MKs in my region. It's not any of the MKs in ur region. So who in the flying **** is it that has us so wrapped around the idea that MK is our worst MU? Wario players need to stop being so self-defeating in a winnable mu and look @ the more difficult one. Its honestly infuriating to try and post on these boards with people reciting frame data that doesnt matter. Lemme tell u how much i give a **** about MKs SH fair. I couldn't conceivably care less about that move. If the MK is doing SH fair and hes not a moron...I dont need frame data to see I cant touch him. If he's being a moron then yes u can punish him. U can punish anyone when they are being a moron. Any character 2.

**** yeah
!!!

*****es wario *****

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sup malcolm

MK is pretty hard. Dedede is pretty hard. I think the 1 thing we have on Dedede over MK that makes a BIG difference are CP stages. Wario can get some nasty CP's on Dedede, where as MK poops on you regardless lol.

Dedede vs Wario in general has bigger swings than MK vs Wario. MK vs Wario is like a solid disadvantage overall, Dedede vs Wario swings heavily based on who has the lead and what stage you are playing on. Overall, neither matchup is fun to play. TBH for Dedede, I take the easy way out and go Diddy cause I have no problem throwing bananas on shield and not moving lol.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What's Wario's worst stage?
It's prob Final D because of GR and thinks of that nature. But if the character can't GR then I don't see him doing bad on any stage. It could be pitochat if that's legal. GR > chart is pretty lame so are the walls and such.

Coney lost to me because he was playing bad and because I put in unreal amounts of time learning the MU. Coney is just as good as me if not better. Like...I'm insulted that someone could even say "because I saw malcolm beat coney...Wario vs DDD isnt our worst MU". If there was a Wario who was going to beat a DDD it was going to be me. I put in more time than ANY OF U ON HERE practicing that matchup. I have more experience in it and its really all that I focus on. It is my best matchup and my most hated matchup. How ignorant can you be to make a statement like that?
You should give the kid a break. Because he's trying to improve and see's a top Wario win a MU that he thinks the MU has swung. You shouldn't come at him like that. He prob looks up to you as a Wario main and was excited about your win and you prob crushed his feelings. Did you really have to go after him like that? Also since you are one of the top Wario's you should expect people to take your matches and use them as an example of why a certain MU is a certain way or they use it as a reference. If you can handle this then that's fine. But you really shouldn't of blasted on the kid like this.

DDD has been dominating our character for almost a year now and my one win somehow changes everything? Dude...look @ MK. What MK MAINS HAVENT WE BEATEN? Who are the MK gods @ the MU? Is it Tyrant who just lost to Atomsk's Wario @ MLG? Is it Anti who suffered the same fate? Is it Dojo who lost to Bassem? Is it Mew2king who I personally took to last game last hit? Oh or maybe its Seibrik who loses to CO's wario and then goes DDD? Oh or LeeMartin maybe? Oh wait DMG came thru with just dair and forced him onto Lucario. Who is it? It's not any of the MKs in my region. It's not any of the MKs in ur region. So who in the flying **** is it that has us so wrapped around the idea that MK is our worst MU? Wario players need to stop being so self-defeating in a winnable mu and look @ the more difficult one. Its honestly infuriating to try and post on these boards with people reciting frame data that doesnt matter. Lemme tell u how much i give a **** about MKs SH fair. I couldn't conceivably care less about that move. If the MK is doing SH fair and hes not a moron...I dont need frame data to see I cant touch him. If he's being a moron then yes u can punish him. U can punish anyone when they are being a moron. Any character 2.
DMG said that they both played really bad in that set. So can you really use that as an example? You seem type hypocritical right now. If you want to point to sets I can point to sets when Wario has beaten d3 and when d3 has beaten Wario. Same goes for MK. I also wasn't aware of the fact that you've beaten all of the MK's in the NJ/NY region. I guess I should pay more attention to my own scene. Wario having a worst MU doesn't mean that it's unwinnable. I don't think anyone is arguing the fact. I instead see people trying to inform people that it's not an even MU the tools MK has on Wario and the tools Wario needs to respond in order to win. I don't think there's one person who's said that the MK MU was unwinnable.

I loooooooove all the Wario players that I've met, but these boards are just the worst. People don't post here for a reason. Attacking Coney is jus lame man.
You hardly post in the boards when you do it's too tell us how bad the boards. So it's whatever. I'd prefer you take the effort to post and make contributions to the board since that would be more helpful then what you've post have been. Since you have a lot of experience. However, it's not just you I'd like for more of the pro wario's to post and give tips so that the boards can improve. The boards used to be cool then PX left.... IDK why chair said anything about Coney.

Would also like to point out that the top d3 has been the same person for like the past 2 years whereas the top Wario's has fallen off. Atomsk has been considered the best d3 for a while now right up there with co18 and seibrik used to be a top d3. Wario doesn't have the same rep he used to have.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Woah, drama haha. Malcolm dawg, relax. Its really not a big deal. You shouldnt quit posting on the boards just because one person said something you disagree with. Thats the nature of the internet! And umm, In my PERSONAL opinion...I have to TRY a LOT harder to beat a good ddd than I do to beat a good mk. Maybe its because I prefer aggression over campiness but its always just a hassle for me to play against ddd. I usually win but its still a pain in the arse.

Hopefully me or DMG can outplace atomsk. Atomsk, how many times did you actually use wario at DC? Because if it was just one time against tyrant, then its not really fair to compare yourself to us wario mains who are going wario against EVERYBODY. Good **** on beating him though.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
You're a ****ing moron. DDD vs Wario is terrible. Also get @ me being the highest placing Wario out of all the MLGs. Says a lot about you mains :p
This ^

Also, I like coney more than most of you guys.

And i like Atomsk more than all of you.

Besides Malcom :D

And yeah DDD wario is 20-80.

Final answer.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Woah, drama haha. Malcolm dawg, relax. Its really not a big deal. You shouldnt quit posting on the boards just because one person said something you disagree with. Thats the nature of the internet! And umm, In my PERSONAL opinion...I have to TRY a LOT harder to beat a good ddd than I do to beat a good mk. Maybe its because I prefer aggression over campiness but its always just a hassle for me to play against ddd. I usually win but its still a pain in the arse.

Hopefully me or DMG can outplace atomsk. Atomsk, how many times did you actually use wario at DC? Because if it was just one time against tyrant, then its not really fair to compare yourself to us wario mains who are going wario against EVERYBODY. Good **** on beating him though.
He only used Wario in the consolations matches from what I heard.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I hate what has happened here in general.

Malcolm wanting to quit on us, Atomsk *****ing about not getting credit for using a character AGAIN, this talk about how WARIO ***** MK HOHOHOHO...... it's all too much.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Whoa you're cool. Bring it on son (if I make it to MLG Dallas) $5 mm Smashville only.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I hate what has happened here in general.

Malcolm wanting to quit on us, Atomsk *****ing about not getting credit for using a character AGAIN, this talk about how WARIO ***** MK HOHOHOHO...... it's all too much.
naww manggg wario doesn't **** mk... but he *****. <3

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Such a spontaneous board. I don't know rather to lol or be ashamed that I main Wario considering the past three pages. Quite a lot of random rage all over the place.

...in a Q&A thread too.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Let's keep this thread for questions, guys.

Take your general discussion to the social thread.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
So yeah i know its a rare matchup but ive been having problems with sheik.
She actually does pretty well against wario from what i here from kenni. Im kind of ******** in this matchup i have no idea what sheik's weakness is really besides her recovery so i don't know what to exploit. And that ftilt and uptilt are annoying as ell.
Any tips?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So yeah i know its a rare matchup but ive been having problems with sheik.
She actually does pretty well against wario from what i here from kenni. Im kind of ******** in this matchup i have no idea what sheik's weakness is really besides her recovery so i don't know what to exploit. And that ftilt and uptilt are annoying as ell.
Any tips?
It's not like she does well against Wario. Avoid her ftilt shenningans and she literally has nothing. She's a FF so she can be juggled easily and she's very light. she also has a blindspot under her so uthrow.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG said that they both played really bad in that set. So can you really use that as an example?
You talking about my set vs Lee?

Idk. I wouldn't count it, it's a long story but yeah. Everything else though was true. Disclaimer on Dojo though: he probably is the MK king at the Wario matchup. Only people to have taken sets off of him are me and Bassem, and the sets we won against him he had an off day (My set was a long time ago, beat him for 2nd place at a tournament. Bassem beat him at the No Koast Ally was at, and next Set Dojo won 3-1)

Shiek: It's not a bad matchup. It's fairly evenish actually. Small advantage Wario, nothing stronger than 6:4 at all.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You talking about my set vs Lee?

Idk. I wouldn't count it, it's a long story but yeah. Everything else though was true. Disclaimer on Dojo though: he probably is the MK king at the Wario matchup. Only people to have taken sets off of him are me and Bassem, and the sets we won against him he had an off day (My set was a long time ago, beat him for 2nd place at a tournament. Bassem beat him at the No Koast Ally was at, and next Set Dojo won 3-1)

Shiek: It's not a bad matchup. It's fairly evenish actually. Small advantage Wario, nothing stronger than 6:4 at all.

Yeah that set. You said that you both were playing at like 60% or something to that extent. I'm just baffled befuzzled and confused as to how DMG lost on RC. I think everything I know is now a lie =/. LoL.

Top Bottom