• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm...trying to learn again.

Can someone direct me to what I should be watching and who I should be emulating? What has changed in my long sabbatical?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'm...trying to learn again.

Can someone direct me to what I should be watching and who I should be emulating? What has changed in my long sabbatical?
I watch everyone more or less. If you want someone to watch Hunger, krystedez and Blue Rogue, Malcom, masky, dynomite, and of course bassem. Not much has changed with Wario. You can also watch WAymas he's good Tedeth is also good to watch. I think DMG fiction and PX vids are pretty old but still good. You can also watch jnig. There's also some judge, ally, and atomsk vids floating around some where. You can also look at some of your own vids and see where you left off.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm gonna be an unhittable fiend again, though I can't help but be aggressive. It's in my blood.

I'll try to give them a look; I almost never watch videos, but perhaps this is the time to start.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'm gonna be an unhittable fiend again, though I can't help but be aggressive. It's in my blood.

I'll try to give them a look; I almost never watch videos, but perhaps this is the time to start.
If you want to play aggresive the vids of Hunger, Malcolm, Jnig and pX would be the right place to start. Krystedez is like a Weapon X I think that's what I'm going to call his style. Since he uses the bike in his game a lot. There's also slikvik can't believe I forgot about him =/.

tedeth

Smash Master
If Sheik gets you in the ftilt try to spam side-b.

That way if she ****s up even slightly your bike will come out and if she tries to ftilt again she will pick it up and be like ":O" and get fsmashed.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Lol most sheiks i play don't just spam ftilt blindly they usually use it out of sidestep and junk. If you bike into her sheild she can just oos nair you.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Reflex check out Glutonny's vids. He's really good with tires, and has a pretty balanced defensive and offensive playstyle.

And on Shiek, doesn't her bair have a lot of priority? If she plays real campy and defensive, it's kinda hard to break in and get damage (especially on FD). Running away and needles ftw ;P

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Reflex check out Glutonny's vids. He's really good with tires, and has a pretty balanced defensive and offensive playstyle.

And on Shiek, doesn't her bair have a lot of priority? If she plays real campy and defensive, it's kinda hard to break in and get damage (especially on FD). Running away and needles ftw ;P
I don't think you're going to run into a campy shiek or a sheik at all. Her bair has range IDK about the priority on it I'm not sure if it's disjointed or not. However, this is one of those MU's where she has GR options on you. She has set ups into those GR. So you need to understand these and avoid these. She also has a lot of thinks in which you can exploit on her. she's also dumb light.

tedeth

Smash Master
Lol most sheiks i play don't just spam ftilt blindly they usually use it out of sidestep and junk. If you bike into her sheild she can just oos nair you.
Ok you clearly seem to have misunderstood me entirely and think I am an idiot.

If you get ftilted by a Sheik on low %, what will they follow up with? Ftilt. Good work.

Now. The next ftilt hits you. What will they do then, providing you are in range for it still? Ftilt. Yes. Good stuff.

This may repeat for several ftilts. The fastest thing we can do is drop the bike. It's faster than an airdodge so it will get you out of situations that an airdodge wouldn't. Now what happens if sheik tries to follow up with dat ftilt? Oh, she just picked up the bike? Dear me.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yes, tbtc is correct. The blast zones are definitely octagonal in brawl, and rectangular in melee. we went over this extensively with none other than the wonderful stupendous fantastic Fiction at Tourneyplay 2. Tru fax

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Ok you clearly seem to have misunderstood me entirely and think I am an idiot.

If you get ftilted by a Sheik on low %, what will they follow up with? Ftilt. Good work.

Now. The next ftilt hits you. What will they do then, providing you are in range for it still? Ftilt. Yes. Good stuff.

This may repeat for several ftilts. The fastest thing we can do is drop the bike. It's faster than an airdodge so it will get you out of situations that an airdodge wouldn't. Now what happens if sheik tries to follow up with dat ftilt? Oh, she just picked up the bike? Dear me.
orly? Thats interesting
And now i know

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have a question: how good do yall think ADC (Air Dodge Cancel) Tossing Snake's grenades back at him is? Okay hear me out. Is it or is it not true that when Snake has 2 grenades out on the field he can shield and make them drop out of your hands?

Check it out though, if you toss the first one quick enough, he might have pulled the second one by then, and will be pressured from 2 grenades with different fuses. Either he can shield or roll away, weakening his camping game. If he forces it to drop, you can either just run away or ADC Toss it back at him again with an even shorter fuse! :D fricken awesome!

Instead of being campy and boring, you could possibly get some damage and force the guy to start approaching. If the Snake also knows how to ADC Toss, a fun game of hot potato could possible ensue.

Just a mixup really. I've got a $5 mm against my friend in WA (MrBojangle) and I wanna kick his butt all the way to pizza hut xD he has two other Warios to practice with, but I think I might have a teensy weensy itsy bitsy bit (better?) different playstyle than them.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I have a question: how good do yall think ADC (Air Dodge Cancel) Tossing Snake's grenades back at him is? Okay hear me out. Is it or is it not true that when Snake has 2 grenades out on the field he can shield and make them drop out of your hands?

Check it out though, if you toss the first one quick enough, he might have pulled the second one by then, and will be pressured from 2 grenades with different fuses. Either he can shield or roll away, weakening his camping game. If he forces it to drop, you can either just run away or ADC Toss it back at him again with an even shorter fuse! :D fricken awesome!

Instead of being campy and boring, you could possibly get some damage and force the guy to start approaching. If the Snake also knows how to ADC Toss, a fun game of hot potato could possible ensue.

Just a mixup really. I've got a $5 mm against my friend in WA (MrBojangle) and I wanna kick his butt all the way to pizza hut xD he has two other Warios to practice with, but I think I might have a teensy weensy itsy bitsy bit (better?) different playstyle than them.
What is air dodge cancel toss?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i think he means catching a nade with an air dodge and then doing an insta throw

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
You airdodge to catch something, then you cancel the airdodge by flicking the c-stick(or pressing over+a) right as you catch it to instantly do a catch&throw motion. Like hot potato ;P

you can toss it in any direction (4 cardinal directions that is).

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
You airdodge to catch something, then you cancel the airdodge by flicking the c-stick(or pressing over+a) right as you catch it to instantly do a catch&throw motion. Like hot potato ;P

you can toss it in any direction (4 cardinal directions that is).
thats an instant throw.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Also why is it that when you throw a nade back at snake sometimes it will stop in mid air for no reason?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
but you're canceling your airdodge. anyways who cares about that read the snake vs wario idea!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
i think he means catching a nade with an air dodge and then doing an insta throw
Ah I see people always throw me off with all of these acronyms.

Actually i was setting up a G.I quote but of course everyone fails to finish it =/
Ah I see if you we're just joking around then cool. I couldn't tell which way was what.

Also why is it that when you throw a nade back at snake sometimes it will stop in mid air for no reason?
Snake is stripping the nade from you or something like that. It's a snake tech that only he can do apparently.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Grenade stripping; if the 1st grenade is still traveling through the air it will just fall immediately when the 2nd grenade is pulled

B.Mack

Smash Ace
for a kill option, I was debating with a friend about ftilt or fsmash? ftilt comes out a lot slower than fsmash, and is slightly less powerful, but it has more range and MUCH less ending lag and as such, is probably the safer option... I kinda thought Ftilt for a surprise KO, or fsmash mainly for punishment of laggy moves, etc... wht do you guys think?

Padô

Smash Lord
Hmm...anyone ever pulled off a jab > uptilt before?
YES, a bajillion times LOL, works as a "Hey you suck I'm UpTilting you out of a jab because your SDI sucks hard." Taunt. If someone SDI inwards you you can UTilt fairly easily. 2Times if made at 0%

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, I gotta do that sometime. I love jab cancel shenanigans. <3

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
for a kill option, I was debating with a friend about ftilt or fsmash? ftilt comes out a lot slower than fsmash, and is slightly less powerful, but it has more range and MUCH less ending lag and as such, is probably the safer option... I kinda thought Ftilt for a surprise KO, or fsmash mainly for punishment of laggy moves, etc... wht do you guys think?
I think it depends on the character. If you're sure either move will connect then it's fine however, sometimes uair is a better kill option.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord

OK then I talked this strategy over with my very good friend Super Smash Twin t1mmy, and we both determined ADC Tossing is a fantastic way to put pressure on Snake and discourage camping! The only way that this strategy could be potentially countered is if Snake cooks the grenade, and throws it as you right before it explodes. However this is easily dodged so I will upload the mm of Boj and I after we play. Thanks for the help!

Asa

Smash Hero
pwneroni i believe the agreed term is insta-throw

ya it's pretty useful, but snakes can always cook their grenades so that you don't have time to throw them back, or render your throw useless w/ grenade stripping

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Yeah have fun trying this if he knows how to strip/cook right.
Only useful thing to do to grenades is jump over them. ;(

Top Bottom