• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Staz

Smash Lord
Never commit to anything. Bait your opponent and punish them in their lag. Look for fart openings and waft. Don't get grabbed.
this actually makes sense :) I read a lot about punishing and not getting grabbed in the other wario thread, it has been helping alot.

Someone link him to Waft-Oli's "How to play Wario" video
yes that would be rather nice :)

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
ok i guess im going to have to start doing dair ;_;
Its usually really weird trying to switch di moves.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Did anyone happen to download the Yokuba/Fassad texture hack of Wario? The link seems to be broken now on kittycorp :(

I must have it... nwehehehehehe..!

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I've heard people say that when you're going vertically it's best to use your longest move to DI and fastest for horizontal. Is there any truth to that?

Padô

Smash Lord
On Cstick.

By doing it on A button you might just do and unappropriate DI because you gotta input DOWN on your analog stick and this might mess you up a bit, ALSO, if you CStick your Dair you'll automaticaly Fasftfall it helping you out with the momentum cancel.

Silver Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
Here's a bunch of questions to keep you guys busy lol

Why do I never see Wario players use dtilt?
Does anyone else like using dthrow to buffered turnaround jab?
What do you guys do when you're in close range? I usually mix up between spot dodges, jabs, grabs, nair/dair and wafts if they're at KO %
Is there a way to practice powershielding and SDI if you don't have anyone to play with?
What do you tend to do when you're on the ledge? When your opponent's on the ledge?

Excellence

Smash Champion
Here's a bunch of questions to keep you guys busy lol

Why do I never see Wario players use dtilt?
Does anyone else like using dthrow to buffered turnaround jab?
What do you guys do when you're in close range? I usually mix up between spot dodges, jabs, grabs, nair/dair and wafts if they're at KO %
Is there a way to practice powershielding and SDI if you don't have anyone to play with?
What do you tend to do when you're on the ledge? When your opponent's on the ledge?
Because Down Tilt has such a low hitbox and the start-up on it isn't the best. It's usually better to just jab and do something after that.

I've never tried it but since you said it I'm going to try it.

I always screw up. I do thinks that I shouldn't really do and that causes me to mess up. A lot of times I try to stay in and do as much damage with the amount of pressure that I've built up for the match but I usually make a mistake. I save Waft for offstage because that's usually when a person is most vulnerable, and against Wario, only trying to survive.

With powershielding you can just go on Wifi and let's say you cannot do that then you could try to set an explosive on the ground to powershield. That can be done with Snake or items in practice mode.

If I'm on the ledge and my opponent is offstage I grab and release the ledge. I might act like I'm going to jump off once or twice. Sometimes I'll smash the bike against the ledge so it gimps recovery. Other times I bait an air dodge or double jump, drop down and Waft.

If I'm on the ledge and try to get back on stage, sometimes jump up with Clap, Bite, or Bike. Other wises I jump up and air dodge to the ground right against the ledge then Bike to the center or spotdodge/air dodge to where ever.

If my opponent is on the ledge and I'm on stage then I shorthop claps or stand there. My reflexes are fast enough that I can catch anyone with clap. If they don't do that then an FSmash for those that roll and F-Tilt for another standing up. People who come up with a disjointed attack tend to get away most often for me. =[

Things like Marth's F-Air really make me not like being Wario.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I dunno, but when I'm feeling spammy, I often use Wario's down tilt on his Bike when given the chance, just to unstale his more useful moves.

Not really too useful unless you're spamming your kill moves, which seems pretty ridiculous, but still... nice information to have.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt rules. Seriously use it more often. At mid-percents it pops the opponent up in a really nice trajectory that keeps you at a good range to bait an attack. People will either air dodge immediately, try and attack you back or just try to reset. Each of these things you can get at least a Fair on if you predict correctly.

Jab is bad expect for mind games. I want to try some Ike bull****, single jab at low percents then start charging a Fsmash in the other direction.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Jab is bad expect for mind games. I want to try some Ike bull****, single jab at low percents then start charging a Fsmash in the other direction.
More range than grab, combos into grab. At really high percentages the knockback growth will cause your opponent to be in sticky situations, is decently safe on shield (-12 son, MINUS 12). If you honestly want to try jab > fsmash in the other direct then Wario's jab works fine, just don't try it because it shouldn't be ought to work :/

Jab is great, just not spammable. Nothing Wario has is spammable, deal with it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'd say Dair and Nair are both pretty spammable and effective. I've actually been abusing Nair more often and connecting stale, weak Nairs into other moves. lol

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's worth using multiple times in a row in some match-ups. I don't mean 'spam' in a sense that I'd rely on it the entire match, but it's still considered spammable in my book, especially when the opponent is at lower percents. lol

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well spaced dairs are VERY spammable, especially on taller chars. Nair, too. The double hitbox is very reliable and can combo into other moves easily.

Low punishment chance + easily performed = spammable in my book

I find myself chasing people with nair a lot. And TRYING to do a dair > bite > dacus combo. Never works on metaknights :/ Snakes and other talls

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You all fail to realize the power of Cotton Candy Wario. He lives longer than other colors of Wario by 5%.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually Biker Wario wears move clothing, so he is wider

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just start doing it. I'm going to be rarely attending anything, if I go to events at all. If I do, it'll be something local/not worthy of representation.

For all intents and purposes, PhantomX the Wario player is dead.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PhantomX the Ganondorf player however, rose 120 points on the Stock Market

Top Bottom