• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Prawn

Smash Master
idk, i've tried mk, d3, falco, diddy, etc all of the top tiers and i really have the most fun playing as wario.

im still gonna go mostly ICs(at least i think), but yeah

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario is amazingly fun to play, and he's so good for mindgaming and baiting that it just feels satisfying when you manage that (especially if you punish after it). Just... expect ot start getting camped really hard when your Wario gets good, lol.

My feelings were hurt that Boss didn't want to talk to me about Wario, b/c I thought we were bros :(

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah im used to getting camped really hard because i play ics,

phantom would you mind if i IM'd you about wario? I have about 2 weeks to try and get him tourny ready cause i'd like to go wario all through winners bracket at my next tourny. or at least switch to him on CPs confidently

Gichan

Smash Champion
If Boss really starts playign Wario, that's gonna be a dangerous combination. And Wario is too good, everyone will play him, and then there will be more dittos...

Padô

Smash Lord
Yes,

Probably the most satisfying thing about Brawl is baiting your opponents move into a waft or and Uair, oh my god feels so good.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Warios a simple character tbh. But being great with him should take about 1week if your already good at the game.

ChomP

Smash Cadet
So I was playing on green greens for a bit. How come sometimes when I use wario's dtilt on the bombs he doesn't get hit by the explosion?

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
I've been using wario for a few weeks and he might have simple moves but he is definately a hard character to master. And in 2 weeks good luck man. Wario really IMO still top 3 in the game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh he's not top 3, but top 5 seems about right. Top 8 being a 100% guarantee throughout Brawl's Span

Gichan

Smash Champion
I wonder how long Brawl will last, it definitely won't be no melee since there isn't any tech skill to master. And seeing as attendance is going down everywhere.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
Well see what happens with MLG. Could make the brawl scene bigger if kids get into it on the VOD. That's what happened with GOW1 when that first came out. Or it could completely flop.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'll give Brawl two, maybe three more years.

But, you don't know if EVERYthing is mastered.

Aren't they still finding out crap for Melee?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Hey, so, i'm gonna try out using mostly wario for a bit. can anyone give me some good tips about how to do the cg consistently on DK, falco, and wolf?
i know how to do it, and all, but apparently it should be easier on DK than it is for me.
any advice on how you make it easy for yourself?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I still think he's 4th in the game. He doesn't have the tools or pure brokeness of MK, Snake, and Diddy, sadly.
I don't think Diddy is broken it's just those naners. If you can manuever good with the naners I don't think you should lose to a diddy.

Hey, so, i'm gonna try out using mostly wario for a bit. can anyone give me some good tips about how to do the cg consistently on DK, falco, and wolf?
i know how to do it, and all, but apparently it should be easier on DK than it is for me.
I just sort of do this quarter circle motion and then release it seems to work okay for me.

Padô

Smash Lord
Shadow,

When You execute the DThrow hold the control stick to the side your opponent is landing, when Wario's clenches his fists you release the control stick and press Z IMMEDIATELY.

If your shield pops up a bit, you are doing it too late, if you are just turning around your Z input wasnt right.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Hey, are going to any New England tournaments soon? I could probably help you out.

Are you playing Will (I think he's that crazy good DK from NY/NJ) and having trouble with it?

ChomP

Smash Cadet
So what stage do you think is better to cp against a mk that banned brinstar

Norfair? Green Greens? or go back to neutral stages?

Staz

Smash Lord
Hello fellow warios :D I'm a utah smasher, and i suck bad with wario, i was wondering if you guys had any tips for me to get good somehow? :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Uair:
Total: 47
First hits on frame 8
Landing lag: 9 (auto-cancels after frame 36 {exclusive})
Shield hit lag: 11
Shield stun: 17
Advantage: -3
Auto-cancel advantage: -24

How is the auto-cancel advantage so much worse than the normal advantage?

Padô

Smash Lord
It's worse cause the landing lag is SOOOOOO small and you can buffer almost anything during it. Autocanceling Uair does not worth it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hello fellow warios :D I'm a utah smasher, and i suck bad with wario, i was wondering if you guys had any tips for me to get good somehow? :)
Never commit to anything. Bait your opponent and punish them in their lag. Look for fart openings and waft. Don't get grabbed.

Top Bottom