• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
6th or 7th is definantly more accurate than 3rd nowadays.

Meta and Snake are obvious.
Diddy should be guaranteed 3rd.
Ice Climbers will probably be higher this list; Too much potential to be overlooked.
Falco and Marth are most likely going to be right above or below Wario as well.

Wario will most likely be fighting for a position between Falco, Marth and ICs IMO.

EDIT: And I posted that, not knowing it was officially released.
Man, I was right on target with that post too. lmao

Grinpis

Smash Cadet
The new tier list is here?

ok wario's bike can be used for refresh hits, ok how do you refresh the bike is in the floor and you hit the bike?, d air is only 1 hit for refresing. if i use d air hitting the bike i will refresh more than aisled hits?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
The new tier list is here?

ok wario's bike can be used for refresh hits, ok how do you refresh the bike is in the floor and you hit the bike?, d air is only 1 hit for refresing. if i use d air hitting the bike i will refresh more than aisled hits?
why would you dair the bike?

use a move that you dont really use

like dtilt, or utilt

Grinpis

Smash Cadet
¿fictrion and reflex is still maining wario?, ¿px is more good than these two?

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
That's what I was getting at... I've never seen you respond to meat riding in a positive way, no matter the target.

That in addition to the broken English made me laugh.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There are no criteria, really. You can go by tournament results and who you've beat, I guess, but ultimately everything is subjective, which is why I think it's dumb to give an answer to questions like that.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Na fiction and reflex don't main wario anymore. Top 3 Warios right now have to be Malcolm Blue Rogue and Bassem.
No love for PX, BMX, Koolaid, or Shadow? All of them have done really well at a number of tournaments.

How come no one knows Shadow plays Wario? I watched him wreck Bizkit and I'm pretty sure he beat Fatal before.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Chill bro, I jus got 25th this weekend. Im obviously garbage @ this game.

Oh and Hunger is mad good...ppl stay sleeping on that dude.

Also Shadow's Wario is amazing. He can do DACUS consistantly...and I cant =(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
From now on we measure Wario skill on ability to do DACUS... which means Bassem is now our God.

No one really counts Shadow because he secondaries Wario, but he is certainly good, as is hunger.

Like I said. It's dumb to try to pinpoint a best, would be easier to separate the players into tiers, with those that can beat high end players in a top tier (such as slikvik, Malcolm, Blue Rogue, Bassem, DMG, Futile, Fiction, hunger, Shadow, Quik and myself [maybe a few others, just making this list off the top of my head) and then the others in a lower tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That just becomes a general list of who is good or "not as good", which is something most of us already have in our heads lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, that's the only thing that can truly be arrived at via consensus and not fall into personal preference, regional bias, or speculation.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Na fiction and reflex don't main wario anymore. Top 3 Warios right now have to be Malcolm Blue Rogue and Bassem.
there was nothing true about this post lol

fiction mains wario again, PX is probably the best wario at this point, being ranked 4th in TX which is a really good region.

also i nominate Judge for worst wario ;)
*hopes judge name searches*

EDIT: Malcom is ranked 3rd in NJ now, dang... idk anymore lol

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
there was nothing true about this post lol

fiction mains wario again, PX is probably the best wario at this point, being ranked 4th in TX which is a really good region.

also i nominate Judge for worst wario ;)
*hopes judge name searches*

EDIT: Malcom is ranked 3rd in NJ now, dang... idk anymore lol
We all know Jersey > Texas.

I say PX isn't top 3 because he's not very active on the verge of quitting and isn't really into the whole tourney scene/trying to place. Didn't know fiction picked wario up again though.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
No love for PX, BMX, Koolaid, or Shadow? All of them have done really well at a number of tournaments.

How come no one knows Shadow plays Wario? I watched him wreck Bizkit and I'm pretty sure he beat Fatal before.
His generic name keeps ppl from being interested

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can exclude me anyway b/c I'm close to quitting anyway and have been phasing out of the game over the past season. Does that make me any worse of a player? No, but it DOES exclude me from tournament viability.

Bassem has done a good job of taking up the mantle here in the Southwest in my stead, keeping Wario in those good placings. Now to get him to learn to beat Jerm and Hylian.

Malcolm is an extremely good player, but he'll even tell you himself that his Wario is far from being seasoned enough to be the best.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
there is no best. it's difficult to come up with a best in a game like this where it's easy to reach a competent level(unlike melee). that top 10 list px posted make up the most successful warios to date. i've already quit for the most part though

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Woooord. I have a lot of stuff to work on before I even go for that top Wario spot.

Slik knows I been workin on DACUS for like...6 months now and i still cant get it when I need it.

Baby steps. Baby steps.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I sound stupid for talking about it a lot, but learn the inputs for the Buffered DACUS.
It's:
1. forward control stick + up c-stick at the same time
2. let both go neutral
3. hit up c-stick again as fast as possible

during any buffer frames.
It can be done easily out of:
-Dtilt
-Nair
-Dair
-Upair
-Bair

Kind of easy out of:
-Fair
-Utilt
-Throws
-DACUS (so ****ing awesome)

Hard (but possible) out of:
-Normal Landing Animation
-Shield Drop
-Spot Dodge
-DSmash

I can barely do the normal one, but I learned to buffer it out of aerials in like a half hour. It's a ton easier and it comes out frame perfect.

Top Bottom