• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

AnseLm

Smash Rookie
I've seen Warios get on the bike and bounce high in the air from a resting positon, whats the button input on that? Also how sexy is Wario?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Why do we all say something is easy. We need to place in tourney's guys! we need more Wario REP. All of us wario's in here and none of place..... we need Fiction back T_T
If you want wario to place higher at tournies, play the game more and get better. Dont rely on fiction. Thats pitiful man.

How do I set up for a Waft kill better?
Capitalize on your opponent's laggy move > fart

Perfect shield > fart

bait airdodge>fart

ledge grab invincibility > drop down > fart on recovering opponent.

Asa

Smash Hero
how the crap do you deal with yoshi

it's so frustrating

the pivot grabs are eating me alive

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
how the crap do you deal with yoshi

it's so frustrating

the pivot grabs are eating me alive
I've played Green Ace a number of times and if the Yoshi knows what he's doing you should go with someone else. It's a stupid hard matchup.

The only real way to play it is to get Yoshi offstage and bite him as he's recovering then edgehog. It sounds like it would be easy, but it really isn't.

Also when Yoshi uses Egg Lay the opponents 99% of the time air dodge when they break out of the egg because very few people seem to know you get superarmor frames as you break. If you happen to know this you can use it to your advantage. Since everyone air dodges they get real used to just waiting for the air dodge to end and hitting you with something. Usually they're charging a smash. That moment you break is a great opportunity to land a waft.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The matchup really isn't that bad, it's just annoying. It's similar to Olimar in that you want to always have a double jump available and not commit unless they're moving towards you or out of room. If they're standing still or retreating odds are they're going to go for the pivot grab. If you learn the range of it you can dj as they're pivot grabbing and then use that to punish them (probably with dair). They'll probably always airdodge your bite attempts, but you can get them with surprise footstools from time to time.

Really, just watch out for upsmash and it's ******** invincibility, avoid those upairs they like to use for kills, and learn the range of their pivot grab.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, it worked back then, I don't think it's as effective now. I seen Tyrant and the like punishing it a lot more lately. You picked a good time to come back, though, haha, it's my turn to quit :)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
remember when you tried to guilt me into coming to WHOBO last april? Because you wouldnt be coming to genesis and by the end of the summer you'd be gone? lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I said I was probably going to be in medical school by then so I would probably end up having to stop playing, but due to school complications I couldn't graduate by then and had to defer my enrollment for a year. I've fully completed all my school stuff now so it's a 100% guarantee.

I still wasn't able to go to Genesis, though, and I WAS out of the country for like a month in the summer, so it was a partial truth, haha.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I said I was probably going to be in medical school by then so I would probably end up having to stop playing, but due to school complications I couldn't graduate by then and had to defer my enrollment for a year. I've fully completed all my school stuff now so it's a 100% guarantee.

I still wasn't able to go to Genesis, though, and I WAS out of the country for like a month in the summer, so it was a partial truth, haha.
When we have this conversation again next march/april I'm going to bring this up and SOMEHOW im sure you'll john out of it anyway haha. :p

@ chomp. I've never been the most helpful person on here sry :\

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
When we have this conversation again next march/april I'm going to bring this up and SOMEHOW im sure you'll john out of it anyway haha. :p

I doubt I'll even be on these boards come next April. I may dawdle for a bit after WHOBO this year, but we'll see.

Also, at least I didn't actually quit and then come back, amirite? ;)

ChomP

Smash Cadet

friendly at least? :o

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Quitting and coming back is better than lying about quitting. At least I'm true to my word XD.

chomp I don't play online much sry.

ChomP

Smash Cadet
ok i just wanted to try and work on wario dittos and maybe some other match ups lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Quitting and coming back is better than lying about quitting. At least I'm true to my word XD.

chomp I don't play online much sry.
I didn't lie. It just took got postponed along with my schooling plans, lol. Regardless, you better take care of the Wario boards in my stead >: (

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I hope you beat Fogo, I'm pretty confident I could do it if I'd stop SDing once a round against him, lol. You could do it as long as you don't DACUS him :)
I will be honored on the day I get to shake the hand of a wario smart enough to beat me, chaingrabbing and grab releasing combined. Also slightly angry possibly lol

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I will be honored on the day I get to shake the hand of a wario smart enough to beat me, chaingrabbing and grab releasing combined. Also slightly angry possibly lol
Someone just wants to get raaaaaaped :)

Top Bottom