• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Really... you'd think people would know better than to question my Wario knowledge by now, especially when there is no doubt/wavering whatsoever in what I said.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Really... you'd think people would know better than to question my Wario knowledge by now, especially when there is no doubt/wavering whatsoever in what I said.
I never seen you CG someone before and the thread had the information in it. If the information is incorrect why have it linked in the thread? Why don't you post the correct info and link to that insteaD?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
B/c that was the original blog post, that has most of the information correct. I've made multiple posts throughout these forums correcting the error.

I also don't CG b/c I choose not to, not because I can't do it. Same way I don't camp despite being able to do it when necessary.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
B/c that was the original blog post, that has most of the information correct. I've made multiple posts throughout these forums correcting the error.

I also don't CG b/c I choose not to, not because I can't do it. Same way I don't camp despite being able to do it when necessary.
I've never seen it any of the post. Can you make a post with all the correct information to clear up all the confusion ?

Muro

Smash Lord
You CAN come in from above. People seriously need to get on that fall through stuff. Fall through upairs, bites, and nairs are all ****.
still, aside from the bite id figure that if you hit a shield from that angle with nair or uair you get grabed, which leads to a ****load of damage earlier in the stock. imma try mixing up bites and nairs though and see if i can space the nairs out of his shield range.

Then after that, if you get a stock lead, you can run around with the platforms :D
i actually have to work on that, i get screwed when i try to play gay xD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If they're shielding, fallthrough upairs are the optimal bet, as they have good shield push-back. Also, if you're a CG percents, just let him camp you til you're not, so you won't be at risk.

Fallthrough bites are much harder to do, but also awesome on shields/dodges.

Asa

Smash Hero
can wario's fair be used to initiate a jab-lock getup?

if so what's the best followup?

fart? :D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes. Wario's Fair can "lock" people on the ground. Same as weak Nair.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
MK punishes warios attacks with nair and bowser can up b if you land behind him so its best to just space everything perfectly ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario's Dair isn't safe on a lot of character's shields.

The more you know

the more you know!

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Im not sure i agree with wario being 7th on the new tier list

i think hes definitely top 6 material.

Come on guys, we gotta step it up so people see that wario is still ****

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What Masky said. It's highly influenced by tournament placings and INCREDIBLY skewed in favor of those characters that have one incredibly good player representing them. Lots of BS.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario's placement really isn't that far off TBH. I personally think he's... 6th or 5th at best. I think Falco is overrated still, but meh.

IC's... lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think Wario is 4-5, but definitely not lower. I still think he's 4th, personally. Like, really, none of the people currently above Wario should be outside of the top 3.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK, Snake, Diddy, Wario? IDK, that would be hard to prove. I think Falco would be lower than Wario as IC's and Marth and even Wario could keep him in check at the top, where as Wario only has to worry about Dedede, MK, and Peach (Dedede and Peach in this metagame being EXTREMELY risky to play as, as they have a lot of "Lol wtf is this Bullshet" matchups to deal with.) Marth IDK, I think he's still 6:4 against us, but I'm still marching through the ones I have to play in tournament so IDK what to think of him anymore lol.

I think overall Wario is safer than Falco. I think Marth could rise with an acceptable matchup against Snake, Wario, Dedede, IC's, and Falco.

Padô

Smash Lord
I don't really understand those tier lists, seriously, Snake and MK just seem to be the only fixed characters while the 3rd remains to the "WHICH CHARACTER WON THE LATEST AND BIGGEST TOURNEY?! HE IS THIRD".

Marth, Falco and IC's seems pretty high to me Wario is TBH "safer" than Falco and Marth. Marth got a lot of improvement during the past 6 months but Falco... everything they learnt about him is "never get grabbed by Wario or someone who can just 0-80% you, lasers pewpewpewpewpew sideb" his kill potential is awful and his recovery is **** crap but whatever IDC anymore about tiers i'm pretty convict that Wario can overcome any character on the game and got to worry about matchups only against a few character like DDD and Peach (Marth has got a lot of openings which I could abuse from them right now...)

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
once the falco phase is over he'll prolly drop to around 5th with wario right above him (assuming wario gets rep)

i think IC are a smidge too high, especially considering tourney results.

IMO
MK, Snake, Diddy, Wario, IC, Falco, Marth. but i really think 4-6 are all pretty much tied

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ICs are riding the gimmick effect SUPER HARD, believe me. They're definitely good, but they're only as successful as they are atm b/c no one understands them well enough.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I think 7th for wario is more realistic than 3rd. I would say wario should be 4th-5th on the tier list.

hunger!

Smash Champion
wario is not top 5 in the game. i put him at 6 or 7. either before or right after marth.

ps. our character is terrible. no joke.

edit: didnt realize new tier list was out. looks like i was right and this is what it should look like.

Asa

Smash Hero
how do you deal with mks that keep sharking under stages like delfino/halberd

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Wario's better than Ice Climbers and Marth. Especially Ice Climbers... they're too high, and we need to prove it. ._.

Top Bottom