• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Excellence

Smash Champion
I am always aggro...
I know that I'm going aggro but when I actually start to think about it and realize it then I start losing. I think, "Oh wow, I'm really being aggressive. More pressure!" Then BAM! I'm starting to lose.

I start to lose when I camp because its as thougj i've lost all momentum. I wasn't aware that Marth had any WoP.
I think that momentum issue has a lot to do with it, too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They have to be hit by like the tip of the jab and then SDI up and then hope they can jump out of your grab range.

Basically, if you land a solid jab, it's unavoidable.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Lately I've been countering grab releases by not fighting it when I get grabbed. It takes forever to be released when you're at high percents. People get impatient or aggravated and start pummeling giving me a chance to ground break. I probably got 30 seconds of waft charging against a Marth because he made me ground break once and had to do it again.
It definitely wont keep smart players from waiting, but if I'm going to get GR I want to make them work for it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If I am at clearly lethal %, like wayyyyy past 130%, I will sit there and have a short conversation with my opponent, and then die lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Best thing is when they grab you at like 180+ in doubles and they want the guaranteed grab release kill and then your partner starts slowly closing in and the person holding you starts freaking out XD

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Hey I was talking with my friends about the best teams, and i was thinking, Lucario and Wario as a team, Wario could just camp for a minute and get a fart and release it, while lucario gets damaged and gets stronger and stronger.

Tell me if this is a good team and plan because i really want to main wario

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hey I was talking with my friends about the best teams, and i was thinking, Lucario and Wario as a team, Wario could just camp for a minute and get a fart and release it, while lucario gets damaged and gets stronger and stronger.

Tell me if this is a good team and plan because i really want to main wario
Atomisk and Lee did this at pound 4.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's an ok team strat. MK and Lucario do it better than Wario and Lucario cause MK can plank/edge camp and also is better at things like coming to the rescue for Lucario or saving him from a gimp or tornado using.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
It's an ok team strat. MK and Lucario do it better than Wario and Lucario cause MK can plank/edge camp and also is better at things like coming to the rescue for Lucario or saving him from a gimp or tornado using.
thats tru, but who would u say is wario's best teamate besides mk or snake cuz i want something new

Woes

Smash Rookie
I have a huge problem with Meta Knights. For some reason, I feel much more comfortable vsing Marths then I do MKs. Even though his sword is a lot shorter, I feel like I have loads of trouble landind my dairs and clap hops. Is it just because he plain kicks ***? It's really bothersome, and even on the defensive I have a fair amount of trouble also. Are there any key pointers that I'm missing?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I have a huge problem with Meta Knights. For some reason, I feel much more comfortable vsing Marths then I do MKs. Even though his sword is a lot shorter, I feel like I have loads of trouble landind my dairs and clap hops. Is it just because he plain kicks ***? It's really bothersome, and even on the defensive I have a fair amount of trouble also. Are there any key pointers that I'm missing?
MK's sword isn't shorter than Marth's. MK actually out ranges marth with a couple of his moves. Also the MK match up is worse than the Marth match up.

Woes

Smash Rookie
I had no idea! But thank you, because the answer is actually pretty clear, however I guess I didn't do enough research to figure this out myself.

ChomP

Smash Cadet
I need help with dealing with snakes dthrow because I keep getting read after the dthrow -_-

and please don't say "don't get grabbed" XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You need to learn to mix it up, Wario's roll isn't bad enough to where they can just react and keep grabbing you. They will almost always be able to ftilt you after dthrow though, sadly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SDI his Ftilt and it makes it harder for him to punish you with that.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
lol Fiction did you really quit this game for melee? I just read that on some random shoryuken thread.

me too :p

Top Bottom