• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Pikachu is really hard if you've never done it before, and even if you have it's really annoying. We probably need to get Omniswell in here for the best summary, since he deals with Anther.

All I know is that I tend to poke here and there and get in grabs/bites while trying to avoid damage as much as possible (from upairs, fairs, grabs, etc). Don't momentum cancel their vertical knockback moves or you'll eat a thunder. Pika's dair is entirely shieldable and then you can grab him out of it (maybe fsmash, nto 100% sure). You can also hit him out of dsmash RIGHT in the center of it w/ dair. If you're at lethal, watch out for Pika's nair (especially out of shield), that thing is a *****.

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
Thx man i want them to upload my tourney matches vs ESAM i got graped even though it went 1-2.. pika also has this annoying thing that i did not know about untill now... he can Uptilt or Upsmash into Thunder ... you can air dodge it if you know about it, but if you dont youll get graped like i did.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Not very easy though.

DMG... how do you do that bike turnaround thing that Gluttony does here at 3:45 again? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87SNh7efpyQ&feature=related

I want to start messing around with it and see what kind of stupidly risky stuff I can come up with, lol.
Seriously? FioD and I figured out exactly how to do that like 2 months ago and no one really even really responded.

Easiest way to do it is to walk to the edge and make it so you're doing the animation where you look like you're losing your balance, then jump and Bair. It'll push you back very slightly, then just bike forward and buffer a turn around.
After you practice that a bit you can just sort of feel the spacing.

For extra fun try it on the platforms of PS1 (on the neutral transformation). Go from one of the platforms outward towards the blastzone and keep holding toward the stage. The bike'll start glitching around all over the place and the bike will fall and you'll grab the ledge.

EDIT:
I also have a video being uploaded of the Perfect DACUS or Buffered DACUS or whatever they end up calling it. It's actually really easy to do with Wario's Nair.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
It also can be done on any slant. Go to Yoshi's island and stand near the ledge and bike up the little hill and buffer a turnaround.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Thx man i want them to upload my tourney matches vs ESAM i got graped even though it went 1-2.. pika also has this annoying thing that i did not know about untill now... he can Uptilt or Upsmash into Thunder ... you can air dodge it if you know about it, but if you dont youll get graped like i did.
Utilt > thunder seems like common knowledge to me. Anyway shouldn't you always be wary of thunder kills at the top of the stage since those are his earliest kill methods?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
<content redacted>

You shouldn't knock it. If you can fair a character out of their jump and they're not yet in recovery range, they're more than likely going to eat the waft, unless their recovery *****, airdodging could lead to death after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You shouldn't knock it. If you can fair a character out of their jump and they're not yet in recovery range, they're more than likely going to eat the waft, unless their recovery *****, airdodging could lead to death after all.
This is true. Hell some characters won't be able to make it back after the fair.

Is there a wario back room?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We have a Wario orgy center.

Dang, you guys should come to WHOBO. We can have tons of Wario free for alls, smashballs on, all stages :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
We have a Wario orgy center.

Dang, you guys should come to WHOBO. We can have tons of Wario free for alls, smashballs on, all stages :)
If you come to Apex again hopefully we will meet this time. I meet a couple of ppl from Texas at the last Apex.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't think a tournament will legally allow us to take up that much time rofl.

But sure I ACCEPT!

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Why do none of the warios i see on vids use uair as a MC move?
I think bobman uses uair too i mean i have no problems living to 160-1180 most of the time. Unless i face snake then i usually die around 130-140. But really ive survived some crazy stuff i remember when i got daired under fd by a mk. However it hit me to the opposite side of fd because of the way the sword hit me. I was at 180% uaired and still lived.
I think i might be the di king.
Kneel....

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why do none of the warios i see on vids use uair as a MC move?
I think bobman uses uair too i mean i have no problems living to 160-1180 most of the time. Unless i face snake then i usually die around 130-140. But really ive survived some crazy stuff i remember when i got daired under fd by a mk. However it hit me to the opposite side of fd because of the way the sword hit me. I was at 180% uaired and still lived.
I think i might be the di king.
Kneel....
You shouldn't be dieing that early even against snake. You use dair or fair to momentum cancel because they are your fastest aerials and give you the earliest chance to have control of your Wario again. Also I don't know who bomb man is however, you should be able to live up to 200 just by avoid characters kill moves and not getting GR and stuff. No you're no the DI king sorry.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
If snake lands a fresh uptilt then yes you are going to die at 140% at the very most. Its kind of hard to aviod uptilt against a good snake so if im in the lead ill just camp and make him approuch so i can charge my fart and at the same time punish if he leaves himself open for a attack. Thats why i love Ps1 against snake. I can understand the fact that fair and dair come out faster but for some reason uair seems to stop warios momentum alot better out of the times ive tried it. Ive tried both dair and fair and i seem to live longer with uair either way. *Shurgs*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Upair is not better for momentum canceling at all. Wario is just a hefty beast, so depending on the opponents' move staleness or whatever, you're not going to die. You're not going to be making it into the 240s w/ upair though.

Top Bottom