• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yes. Reeeeally good against players who stay in their shield! Also if someone uses their double jump to recover, and they fall into your open mouth, they don't get their double jump back! This is really freakin good against Snake haha, because you can just jump out and bite his cypher easy peasy!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yes. Reeeeally good against players who stay in their shield! Also if someone uses their double jump to recover, and they fall into your open mouth, they don't get their double jump back! This is really freakin good against Snake haha, because you can just jump out and bite his cypher easy peasy!
Ah, then what about at higher percentages since Wario will chomp on them longer and you'll fall even more into the abyss?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Haha I wouldn't really recommend using if off the stage. I mean it can be great sometimes, but your opponent is in control of when they pop out (they have to mash out), so it could be dangerous sometimes.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Haha I wouldn't really recommend using if off the stage. I mean it can be great sometimes, but your opponent is in control of when they pop out (they have to mash out), so it could be dangerous sometimes.
I could imagine. I guess something like that would be best at lower percentages and if the opponent has used their 2 jumps already. Although the fliers would probably still make it back depending on the number of jumps they've used if caught by Wario's Bite. Seems better to use right on the edge.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
i often use bitejump, thats why i put special on X, so its easier for me to handle it
its a good spacing move too, either buffer the bite or use it under the sv platform

B.Mack

Smash Ace
from the stage level, if you bite in mid air and you still have your double jump, you will either both die, or you will ALWAYS recover.

if you DONT have your second jump,
-if the opponent breaks out after one pummel, you can UpB back to the ledge instantly.
-if they break out ofter two pummels, you can pull out the bike, lean back, jump and then UpB to make it back.
-if they break out after three pummels, they will recover and you'll die.
-after four pummels you both die.

if your opponent is shielding, you can do a ledge jump and chomp him on the way down as wario's ledge-jump doesnt jump towards the stage, just straight upwards. This way you chomp offstage while retaining your second jump. if you have a stock lead then it can never be to your disadvantage.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Do Wario main's suggest Wario's Bite attack while in the air being used as an edge guard tactic?
If you catch them from high up. Otherwise, you're gonna die.

Intelligent mashing when you Bite offstage while level with the stage ensures that the opponent will recover and you will die.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
Hm, well I just started Wario (because I mained Kirby)

My question is: What is the Meta game of 2011 Wario....... I was so close to making a whole new thread lol

-using more tires / bike
-more nairs
-more bites
-more grabs
-baiting / punish
-know the grabreleases from every char
-know your own chaingrabs and how to buffer them
-reversed buffered dtilt against snake/ddd + the chaingrabable chars
-taunt even more

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mindgames

The harder you read, the better Wario becomes.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm fairly convinced that dtilt is a useless move at high level play.

dash attack is just as useless, except for Dacus and hitting people off the ledge.

utilt doesnt beat Link's, Tink's(not sure), MK's, Marth's, Ivy's, Ike's, not quite sure if it beats Snake's due to his magic legs and arms... doesnt beat Lucario's either.
D-tilt is your most powerful tool in these hard streets. I think I may be the Wario who will become known for excessive use of D-tilt.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
PX and I went double Wario in doubles over the weekend, and when I dtilted someone he said, "Why would you ever use downtilt?!"

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
For some reason, I thought D-Smash was faster than it is. I need to use more F-Smash instead.

Also, D-Tilt is useful. It has solid range and is decent to use over Jab at times.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
dtilt will only ever be useful against opponents with slow reactions.

Although I would say it has some form of limited use VS snake... not D3. bcos if you mess up the buffer timing, you are getting grabbed. I can assure you that the risk/reward isnt worth it.

I guess you could jab acancel > dtilt > dtilt > grab on like, fox or something.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Agreed, not worth it against D3... unless you're like RIGHT next to the edge in that magical spot (if he grabs you, you won't air release and if he dthrows you, you'll fall off the side).

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I go for downtilt as my aggressive option when i ground break out of grabs.

1) its our 2nd fastest move (i dont rely on our fastest, dash attack, because its WAY too risky to buffer the down C)

2) unexpected.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I used to do it all the time, but I used to think it came out on Frame 5.

I still do it out of habit, but if you know what side of you the opponent will be on when you attack, you may as well F-Smash.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Dsmash is a fun mixup when you know you're opponent is going to airdodge into the ground. I don't know about you guys, but a lot of the time I mess up an Fsmash and they perfect shield in that situation. Dsmash is a constant circular hitbox, so it's easier to hit. First hitbox is behind Wario, comes out on frame 9, maybe 8. When it comes around to the front it is frame 10 or 11. Spin spin spin!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
could it be the insane amount of cool down lag ?
I don't know what it is. It could be partly the reason but usually I tend to miss with the start up when it has the true knock back but when I use Fsmash and Usmash I can always hit with them. Then another reason could be is I don't have set ups in my mind that I can use to fallow up and use with Dsmash.

Top Bottom