• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Why aren't there anymore Warios placing?
I just won my last four tournaments. This might not be seen as a great accomplishment outside of bigger scenes, but I'm definitely getting better as a result. Practicing a whole lot.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I missed my carpool for the Gameclucks Season Finale yesterday.... it really sucked but hey **** happens! I'll get over it, really wanted to go though :(

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Why do you care?
Not needed salt from you. Thanks for responding to a simple question in such an idiotic way.

I just won my last four tournaments. This might not be seen as a great accomplishment outside of bigger scenes, but I'm definitely getting better as a result. Practicing a whole lot.
I hadn't seen results. If you're bringing back your Wario good ****. I liked your Wario lots and would like to see it ****** again.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
y Warios so lazy
plz practice more and r4pe because Wario is really good

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As for Nair. I mostly short hop them. What about when Wario is higher in the air?
You can pull back after tapping them and it's safer than dropping a F-Air on them that way; plus, the part where Wario flattens can sometimes help avoid moves, especially grabs.

It's often better to use D-Air for pressure purposes or F-Air for a lower hitbox, but, it's there. Just think about it a little.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I like that.

Reflex if we team that has to be our name

Asa

Smash Hero
pwneroni can you mail me my SD card pretty please? or just send me the data on the card to an email?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You can pull back after tapping them and it's safer than dropping a F-Air on them that way; plus, the part where Wario flattens can sometimes help avoid moves, especially grabs.

It's often better to use D-Air for pressure purposes or F-Air for a lower hitbox, but, it's there. Just think about it a little.
Alright. Thanks for that! =)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
if you do a full hop uair or dair, you can always nair a split second before you hit the groumd. its nice for surprises when someone thinks they are about to punish ur landing ;)

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
So... it's a bit late on this, but I apologize to you, Atomsk, for being such a **** about your question. You're right, it was a simple question and the response was completely out of line.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Fastfall Fair was found to be the best momentum cancel option :) juuuust by a little bit, I generally prefer Dair or airdodging because of auto fastfalling, and when you airdodge you are able to pull out the bike faster than if you were to do a normal fastfalled aerial.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You're saying 1+1=2

You never see it happen because it's awfully situational, people's tech skill fail and because hell, why is Falco getting hit by a tire in exactly that position (and why isn't he SDIing).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His vertical resistance is... IIRC 8th best? His horizontal is 7th best?

IDR right now. I'm pretty sure there was a thread made with stats for each champ.

I'd probably say horizontally. He's definitely better at living horizontally when very large distances are covered because of Bike braking.

Also, I had an idea. Dunno if it would work, haven't tested it out yet and don't remember seeing any videos about it"

Say you are hit with a strong attack, and it sends you flying horizontally and you skid across the stage. Like a G&W Dsmash that sent you flying left and you hit the floor and still slide. After you slide completely off the stage, could you cancel your momentum with a fart (half or full)? You can attack and move instantly after sliding off, but I never really tested that out.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttuDKFXg6_I

Both combos were already known, but why do not mix them?
WOW that is so freakin awesome! Is the auto-getup guaranteed after the tire throw? Dude LC if it is, this is really legit! SDI can be read just like any other SDI, just because you are able to SDI doesn't completely invalidate things like this.

Oh the other thing I was wondering was is a footstool guaranteed after a Uair, or are there a few frames where they can escape?

And DMG, I think that Farting to momentum cancel may be a bad idea. It doesn't even stop your momentum! xD I've tried it (lost a tourney set to a Luigi Misfire, sent me all the way across FD but I farted instead of Bike Breaking).

B.Mack

Smash Ace
erm... I dunno if you other Wario's know this... but I found a sweet way to take out the bike.

you know when you take the bike out and pivot and crash?
you know how it doesnt always work and sometimes you need to jump off the bike?

well I found a way to insta-crash 100% of the time.

1. press sideB while on the ground.
2. BEFORE the bike actually comes out, mash the control stick in the opposite direction.
3. bike comes out and crashes on the stage instantly. free to play with.
4. ???
5. PROFIT

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is there a probability for the bike to fall over during a regular turn? Or am I just an idiot? I don't want it to fall over, most of the time.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
how to play against kirbys?
i got ***** on the last tournament by SEID
(dont come with "get over him and dair wololol)
that creepy ******* haz 5 jumps ok? xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is there a probability for the bike to fall over during a regular turn? Or am I just an idiot? I don't want it to fall over, most of the time.
Turns are random.

There is no guaranteed way to fall off the bike from turning. So far at least. The quickest guaranteed way to crash is to either fall off and side B into the lip of a stage, or to use bike, hold the other direction immediately to turn around, and before you move hold a wheelie.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Any tips on playing against Falco (im trying to master dat CG) and Olimar?
I'll most likely be seconding Wario at the tourney I attend 5 March. It's going to be our biggest tourney so far (28 ppl is a nice amount on our standards).

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Turns are random.

There is no guaranteed way to fall off the bike from turning. So far at least. The quickest guaranteed way to crash is to either fall off and side B into the lip of a stage, or to use bike, hold the other direction immediately to turn around, and before you move hold a wheelie.
I'm quite sure there is a guaranteed way to insta-wipeout. It may be akin to platform drop oos, meaning you have to buffer a turnaround immediately---and press the control stick at the exact right pressure too. Still need to do more testing, but I'm sure it's there!

@Jebu - My advice against Falco would be....

- Don't get grabbed at low percents. This is quite an obvious goal, but harder than you think. Nairs are really great, because you can hit Falco's shield and DI away, so when he whiffs his grab you can punish. Also I favor fullhop Dairs in this matchup, because you can Nair right before you hit the ground: an extremely safe way to cover your landing. Oh and be careful about using Bite... it's really a great move, but if he reads it he can roll behind you and grab you (much like D3).

- Don't get gimped. If you happen to get grabbed at low percents, try to double stick SDI the Dair so you don't get spiked off the stage. Wario is very vulnerable in that position way down there, Falco has a lot of nasty things he can do to you that will end in your death. Stuff like that has happened to me more than I would like to admit, so if you are able to get on the stage, the worst that will happen if you may take a chunk of damage from a tech read to dash attack Usmash.

I don't know if you play aggro, defensive, kung fu or bike focused. Watch my matches against Nerd from LOST, those were pretty good matches and you can see a few points where Falco is vulnerable (ledge hop, recovering, etc).

pwn vs nerd @ lost

Top Bottom