• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* - $500+ Pot Bonus! - Less Than a Month Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
fatal said he's coming if he got a good doubles partner, i think reflex offered, but i never saw him respond back, but that's all within this thread, idk if they shot some PMs or something

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I think I'm gonna bus it here. Any decent teammates left?

Also I might have missed it but how far is the megabus stop from the venue? My bus would be getting in at 8:30 am so I'd need a ride straight to the venue.

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
I think I'm gonna bus it here. Any decent teammates left?

Also I might have missed it but how far is the megabus stop from the venue? My bus would be getting in at 8:30 am so I'd need a ride straight to the venue.
Don't quote me on this but I believe the venue is about 20 minutes to an hour away.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Just checked and it's about 40 mins. Anyone able to give me a ride? I also will probably need housing after the tournament, and then a ride to the bus stop by 1:30 pm on sunday >.>

If I confirm both of these then I'll buy my tickets.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well DRN is picking someone up on Saturday morning from the megabus stop as well I'm pretty sure so he can probably give you a ride there, I have to check my housing list since I can only house like 10 ppl and I already have a good bit, but AT WORST you can stay at the venue overnight ($3 fee, there should be more smashers there too) and we'll be giving ppl rides to megabus all day on Sunday so that shouldn't be a problem either. Well actually, at least whoever I'm giving rides, I'll be making them take Marta. Marta is basically Atlanta's shuttle/train public transportation system. $2.50 a trip ($3.50 first time cuz you have to buy a $1 card). It isn't very complicated:

Well you're with DRN, IDK what DRN is planning on doing, but it's basically if you're FL assume you're with DRN, if you're anyone else assume you're with me. If you're with me I'll only be making pick ups/drop offs at the Marta Station. Megabus and the Airport drop you off RIGHT at a Marta Station.

If you have to take Marta then just read up, it's not complicated. You buy a breeze card which costs $1.00, you load a one way trip (or round trip since you'll be going back on Marta probably). One way trip cost $2.50. There are four "lines", or routes, that the shuttles take, you only have to worry about two: the red line and the yellow/gold line. You want to be on the Red line. The Red line will take you to the North Springs Station which is where I'm picking everybody up at. The Gold line will take you to Doraville which is where you don't want to be at. So when the shuttle comes buy and it has a sign that says "Bound for North Springs" or some **** like that then that's the one you get on. Depending on how late you're getting there you might have to take the Gold line and transfer over to the red line because the red line will stop operating in some places when it gets late. The transfer station will be Lindbergh so if you're on the Gold line then get off at Lindbergh station and wait for a red line shuttle that says "North Springs" on it.

Here is a map, if you're taking Megabus the stop you'll be arriving at is the Civic Center, if you're taking a plane then you'll be arriving at the airport, obviously: http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-schedules-or-route.aspx

The three things you want to remember most is: no matter what go North, get on Red line, and get to North Springs. It's really not complicated

If you're arriving any other way rather than Megabus or airport then post it SOON so we can get stuff figured out now.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Dope. Thanks. Buying bus tickets now. $142 round trip, not too awful

8Bitman

Smash Master
I can do that with everyone on the Roster....

How do you feel.....?

DRN

Smash Lord
Dont forget to pre-register if you havent already. Free slice of cake ;D

DLA just PM me your info so i have it written down. I'll be able to find you a ride or get you myself.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ha good **** Zinoto. Smash busssssss. Anyone else from MI coming?

Asa want to team? I use :metaknight: and half a dozen other chars in dubs.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'll be taking $MMs up to $20 with any of my following characters: :ganondorf: :sheik: :falco: :metaknight: :pikachu: :dk2: :marth:

No dumb matchups please... inb4 all matchups are dumb for ganon

The only reason I decided to go to this was to play as many EC peeps as possible, so don't be surprised if I hunt you down at the venue and ask for a $MM.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Nick Riddle - Let's just do Ganon and Sheik lol. As much as I'd love to play you for two hours straight, I have a really long hitlist at this tournament.

Roller - I consider most of those dumb MUs lmao. I'd probably do MK vs ICs though.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I didn't have to make a complicated route... you can buy tickets that take you directly to Atlanta from Chicago. I'm guessing it's the same from Michigan too. If you look at the route details, the bus does stop in Memphis for about an hour though.

edit: i'm leaving Friday morning at about 11 am, and the bus gets to Atlanta at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. Tickets are about 70 each way.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
MK's fine

Also. Since you're on same bus as Zinoto apparently. What is the route you're taking?
Lol I missed like all of your posts lol. I'd be leaving Friday morning at 7:30 (I believe) to Chicago and then from there to Atlanta.

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nick Riddle - Let's just do Ganon and Sheik lol. As much as I'd love to play you for two hours straight, I have a really long hitlist at this tournament.

Roller - I consider most of those dumb MUs lmao. I'd probably do MK vs ICs though.
Sounds good.

:phone:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
DLA, I'm gonna watch when you play McGriddle. He has loads of exp vs Sheik so I wanna see if you do anything different.

Also, so looking forward to hanging again!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
For sure Ed, I'll let you know when we're playing.

Also Big Lou, I'd love a Ganon vs Luigi rematch if you were so inclined, I'm still salty from Genesis 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom