• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Fullmetal's not coming? I haven't heard from ~Noir~ either yet...guess that means I'll be winning this one >_>;;;

Well, I haven't played Brawl in awhile, but I'm really looking forward to smash 64 :D
I'm coming to this one.
So is Luis (Reflex).
Fret not little one, there's plenty of competition to be had. ;3

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Hey guys Evo results are in, and guess who won?

Nobody anyone's ever heard of lolollololol
Seriously in the top 8, the only recognizable name is Ken.

In other news, I kinda wanna come to this and may be able to, but since I suck at Brawl now and haven't played in forever, I only wanna come if people are gonna MM me in 64.
I also wanna play a whole lot of 3S and get good at Brawl again because Ike is awesome.

Eh? Eh?

I'll go up to $20 (or higher?), but $5 and $10 are cool with me.
$20 3S My Q vs your Ken?!?!?!

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

GAwes

Hidden Boss
yo mikey g. you showin to either of these?

edit: looks like me, datman, eugenio, chad, are most likely coming to this thingy on saturday, more like

braturday

like the sausages

*****es

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Fullmetal's not coming? I haven't heard from ~Noir~ either yet...guess that means I'll be winning this one >_>;;;

Well, I haven't played Brawl in awhile, but I'm really looking forward to smash 64 :D
If I can get some money or make some in teams I'll enter singles. Oh and Lounis is going. He's as good if not better than me lol

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
tbh, mk was my 2nd idk why i used him last tournament, i honestly dont like using super top teir characters, but that toruny i just felt like using him... idk ive really been practicing my marth.. hope i have a chance to use marth this time..
EDIT: any word about SC people commin to this 1?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Well, I won't be able to come, I don't know about Ryan and Franklin.
I should make it. Franklin won't but I think two other smashers from the clemson area probably will.

On a related note I may need a doubles partner. I'll probably be playing snake in doubles (pulled him out for the first time at my last tournament and won so I'v finally decided my snake's at tournament level) but I can also play pit.

EDIT: Any word on using the SBR ruleset?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
cool, havnt seen ur snake ill be teaming with diablo, wana see ur snake in doubles (if u find a partner :))

GAwes

Hidden Boss
ATTENTION: SUNDAY > I WILL BE SELLING CLOTHES OUT OF MY CAR. LOOOL. IM SERIOUS. MOST OF ITS JUST STUFF IVE GROWN OUT OF AND IM TRYING TO MAKE ROOM IN OUR NEW HOUSE FOR CLOTHES THAT ACTUALLY FIT ME. MOST OF THE SHIRTS ARE SMALL OR MEDIUM, MOST OF THE JEANS ARE AROUND 29-32 IN THE WASTE AND ANYWHERE FROM 30-34 IN LENGTH. BRING THE FUN DOODS, THIS ****S GONNA BE CHEAP AS HELL, WHO NEEDS CLOTHES LOL?!?!

i mean, straight up, i am serious. This is SUNDAY. Possibly saturday. and yeah, im gonna keep bringing this **** til its all gone, i mean, 2 of my friends are getting first dibs down here. but i really want this **** gone, and its wayyyy too cool to just give to goodwill. Done be full of stupid pride about it either, i'd buy clothes out of a trunk if it were a good deal. this **** just doesnt fit me anymore. Get ready *****es, for my falcon, and my jeans.

wes

p.s.

someone ****ing post about melee, christ, i mean, eugene's gonna be there, ****z dood

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Weezy da Bo$$

ATTENTION: SUNDAY > I WILL BE SELLING CLOTHES OUT OF MY CAR. LOOOL. IM SERIOUS. MOST OF ITS JUST STUFF IVE GROWN OUT OF AND IM TRYING TO MAKE ROOM IN OUR NEW HOUSE FOR CLOTHES THAT ACTUALLY FIT ME. MOST OF THE SHIRTS ARE SMALL OR MEDIUM, MOST OF THE JEANS ARE AROUND 29-32 IN THE WASTE AND ANYWHERE FROM 30-34 IN LENGTH. BRING THE FUN DOODS, THIS ****S GONNA BE CHEAP AS HELL, WHO NEEDS CLOTHES LOL?!?!

i mean, straight up, i am serious. This is SUNDAY. Possibly saturday. and yeah, im gonna keep bringing this **** til its all gone, i mean, 2 of my friends are getting first dibs down here. but i really want this **** gone, and its wayyyy too cool to just give to goodwill. Done be full of stupid pride about it either, i'd buy clothes out of a trunk if it were a good deal. this **** just doesnt fit me anymore. Get ready *****es, for my falcon, and my jeans.

wes

p.s.

someone ****ing post about melee, christ, i mean, eugene's gonna be there, ****z dood
HAHAHAHAHA!:laugh:

you a fool, bah

oh yeah, you guys are all b*tches and you suck and come lose to me.

I keep my ears to the streets like I hear wit my feet, ya dig?

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I should make it. Franklin won't but I think two other smashers from the clemson area probably will.

On a related note I may need a doubles partner. I'll probably be playing snake in doubles (pulled him out for the first time at my last tournament and won so I'v finally decided my snake's at tournament level) but I can also play pit.

EDIT: Any word on using the SBR ruleset?
Min usually defaults to Mike and me for rulings, but I should be able to convince Alpha Zealot to edit Overswarm's SBR ruleset with a copyable formatting version today, after which I can post updated rules here. Gerbil will update the first post soon after.

There will be some obvious differences (IE: No way in hell will Pipes still be counterpick), but it should be the same for the most part.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Waba Game - Updated Rules - 8/15/2008

Waba Game - Brawl Monthlies - SBR Certified

Aug. 16th, Sept. 20th, Oct. 18th, Nov. 15th, Dec. 20th

Location - 3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128, Duluth, GA 30096

Time - 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM Midnight.
Registration closes at 5:45. Anyone who has NOT registered for singles by this time, will be denied access. I suggest arriving at 5 PM sharp so as to avoid the usual crowd of late comers. Remember, this is not a tournament I am running, so I have no control over whenever Min decides to permanently cut off the sign ups.

Telephone number - 678-417-WABA (9222).

Email - wabagames@yahoo.com

General rules
  • Double elimination bracket.
  • 3 Stocks.
  • 7 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "off" and "none".
  • Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
  • Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
    • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS or coin flip will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS/coinflip winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Falco's laser lock is banned.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to, but is not limited to: Swallocides and cargocides.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Excessive stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Projectile camping is not considered stalling. Ledge camping is not considered stalling if the opponent is within range of punishing a return to the stage.
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. Bowser's Klawcide, Swallocides, Cargocides, etc are exempt from this rule.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

Set format (In Order of Procedure)
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
    • Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
    • If both players agree, the first stage may be randomed from the starter list.
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Stage Selection
The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set. In the event that all stages are struck, the first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list.

Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I know this is impromptu but...

I need a ride now since my last ride bailed on me.

Yeah, I know that tomorrow is it but I want to go to Waba at least one more time before school starts getting gay.

So can anyone offer me a ride? I need to know before ASAP. So I can get you Mapquest sh*t and stuff. <_<

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
I know this is impromptu but...

I need a ride now since my last ride bailed on me.

Yeah, I know that tomorrow is it but I want to go to Waba at least one more time before school starts getting gay.

So can anyone offer me a ride? I need to know before ASAP. So I can get you Mapquest sh*t and stuff. <_<
Finding a ride in this thread isn't easy, I tried.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
General rules

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
spirit of brawl in a nutshell

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
I won't be able to make it to either the Brawl or Melee tournies

Too busy :(

I'll probably bring Smash 64 to the September waba and at Fullmetal's shindig.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
so if u guys wana do smash 64, and no 1 else is bringing a setup ill bring 1 but no controllers.. sorry maybe 1, but cmon.. BYOC :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
If you guys need some help getting to barlWaba, I might be able to help. How far does whoever needs a ride live from exits 101/104 on 85?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well, if I can come...

I'm bringing Brawl with NO random tripping.

Yeah!

Note: I'll disable it if it's not tourney-legal of course. We'll only use it on friendlies then.

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm gonna show up for this. I haven't seen the GA smash scene in... too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom