• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Yeah, i mean, you can still do certain things to certain characters most of the time, but... for example, playing a combo centric falco is veryyyy different from a laser spacing falco.
Let's take the Baysians as an example
Zhu is a combo centric Falco
Silent Spectre plays Zhu all the time and knows the playstyle. SS beats Zhu.
I'm sure no one here is going to doubt either players' skill.
Falcomist, who SS does not play all the time, beats SS in a tournament set because Falcomist is more spacing oriented and uses his lasers a lot more.
SS is sent to losers'.

This isn't hypothetical, btw.

Umby

Smash Master
Soooooooooo Y don't U wanna fight another Sonic in a Ditto if U wanna show him off?
If I had to in tournament, I wouldn't mind, but if I had a choice between a Sonic ditto and AIDS, I'd probably choose the latter. Not to mention there are 30+ characters I can play vs to show my Sonic off.

If you're heading back to Waba for the next tourney, I'll be happy to play your Sonic. I'ma think about bringing my Wii there cause then I can record all matches without needing to use any of the recording equipment (I hacked it to go past the 3 min limit).
I doubt I'm going to be at the next tourney, considering almost all December I probably won't be doing anything Smash related, but maybe we can chill at Waba some time sooner? I'm trying to see if I can go there this Friday for that game developer's presentation.

Read: I'm going to main FullMetal
I finally have cash. Can I scan your bar code and buy you now?

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Yeah, i mean, you can still do certain things to certain characters most of the time, but... for example, playing a combo centric falco is veryyyy different from a laser spacing falco.
Falcomist, who SS does not play all the time, beats SS in a tournament set because Falcomist is more spacing oriented and uses his lasers a lot more.
SS is sent to losers'.

or maybe it is????? Zhu just might be better or gotten better over the years not saying SS is a bad player

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Bawal, this isn't a blog, it's a public forum - don't post more than one time in a row. You can quote multiple posts in one post, and you can edit your previous posts to include comments you didn't manage to fit into one post.
K.... btw, jus type Awal. I have the name for reasons U prolly wouldn't care about. Everytime I see the bawal it urks me :dizzy: Once again, thanks for the info.

Chad and Soft. I hope yaw both chill out. Smashing is supposed to be for fun and I hope that you all can settle your differences by fighting on the sticks. Whoever loses, acknowledge the winner and move on. Thats what rivalries are all about. Chad, U should be happy U caused Soft to get better. Soft U should be thanking Chad for helping U and motivating you to get better.

If you're heading back to Waba for the next tourney, I'll be happy to play your Sonic. I'ma think about bringing my Wii there cause then I can record all matches without needing to use any of the recording equipment (I hacked it to go past the 3 min limit).
How U do that???

SS is sent to losers'.

QFT

If I had to in tournament, I wouldn't mind, but if I had a choice between a Sonic ditto and AIDS, I'd probably choose the latter. Not to mention there are 30+ characters I can play vs to show my Sonic off.
Tru... to each his own opinion.

bigman40

Smash Master
I doubt I'm going to be at the next tourney, considering almost all December I probably won't be doing anything Smash related, but maybe we can chill at Waba some time sooner? I'm trying to see if I can go there this Friday for that game developer's presentation.
I'll see what I can do this weekend. I know I won't be able to make it this friday cause of classes and a 3+ hour drive back home :( but I'm at least off for a week before my classes start up again.

How U do that???
Homebrew, Gecko OS. It should be mentioned on the general brawl forum.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
my bad, awal.
Pebbles, Zhu ---- lost to SS. loost to.
with falco.
then Falcomist beat SS

I'm not going to deny that Falcomist is rapesauce, but he's outside of SS's comfort level with Falco.
Chris, it's not just both, it's more like.... uhhh, I think I'm trying to say is be prepared to mix things up a lot with different styles, and for people who change their styles, which can happen on the fly a lot. Certain things work a lot of the time, like marth's chain grab, but it's not as cookie cutter as playing a matchup a certain way... at least, some times <_<

chaddd

Smash Lord
I posted the results initially, I didnt say anthing about beating chaddd or how I was better and he got pretty uptight about it. But I guess I would be just as embarresed, If I lost to a complete newb and scrub as well...
I'm going to wreck you. Cornel and I were both on no sleep and moderately hungover, I just never said anything because I know how scrubs like to label johns. So I'd like to say, that's no john, because I'm simply going to wreck you next time we play and that will be that. Enjoy your false sense of confidence while it lasts, scrub.

$20 money match? You beat before you can beat me again. Trust me, you totally have a shot at winning.;)

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
No I am not going to mm you.
If you want to play me you wil have to play me in a tournment.
You know that he is ruining your GA smash reputation the more that you argue with him? Don't do that Josh!

If anything he's ruining his reputation as a respectable player.

chaddd

Smash Lord
No I am not going to mm you.
If you want to play me you wil have to play me in a tournment.
pussy

You know that he is ruining your GA smash reputation the more that you argue with him? Don't do that Josh!

If anything he's ruining his reputation as a respectable player.
I don't think arguing with scrubs on the forums is going to make anyone who matters think differently of me.

You know? Players like DaShizWiz, KeepSpeedN, M2K, Chillin, G-reg, chinesahh, and Dope?

Players that can actually beat people who are regarded as 'good'. See where you fall on that list? Right next to Josh under "Nameless Georgia Scrubs".

Most people wait until they've actually won something before they talk their shit.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
*looks down at sig*

is that wrong? XD
I'm slightly offended Dogy, LMAO!!!!

pussy

I don't think arguing with scrubs on the forums is going to make anyone who matters think differently of me.

You know? Players like DaShizWiz, KeepSpeedN, M2K, Chillin, G-reg, chinesahh, and Dope?

Players that can actually beat people who are regarded as 'good'. See where you fall on that list? Right next to Josh under "Nameless Georgia Scrubs".

Most people wait until they've actually won something before they talk their shit.

Chaddd, chill out. Y are U so mad that U lost? All Soft did was post results, thats it. Ur really jus making urself look bad. Take ur L and move on. Stop pickin on Soft and trying to mindgame him into playing U in a MM so that u can feel better. If U kno ur better than some1, kick thier *** the next time U get a chance.

Like I said B4, U 2 should handle this like smashers. Win or lose, shake each others hands and call it a day. Cuz in teh end, there is no reason for any1 to fight over a video game(Unless some1 is trying to steal Ur copy of Brawl or Melee, then I'd gladly assist in the asskicking)

S0FT

Smash Ace
Oh well Gee thanks Chad. It really makes me, oh so warm inside, to know that not all of your hatred for losing is spewed on me. I apoligize I take it all back then. And im deff. putting this in the record.
You got it big guy. And you know what next time, since you are going to **** me so hard anyway, Ill just forfeit to you. And then you dont have to have a single challenge you can just win all the money your sweet little heart desires. God Bless you chad, and God bless the usa!!!

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Oh well Gee thanks Chad. It really makes me, oh so warm inside, to know that not all of your hatred for losing is spewed on me. I apoligize I take it all back then. And im deff. putting this in the record.
You got it big guy. And you know what next time, since you are going to **** me so hard anyway, Ill just forfeit to you. And then you dont have to have a single challenge you can just win all the money your sweet little heart desires. God Bless you chad, and God bless the usa!!!

AMERICA

Chaddd just wondering, is any talk really necessary until next time you meet? You can easily settle all of this next tournament, hell ask min can you guys have a bonus tournament get a good outcome. have some friendlies. Doesn't have to be money matches. Or put something on the line that isn't money, like changing your side name to "Soft > Chaddd, or Chaddd > Soft" something dumb and degrading. Anyway if you guys really want to settle this just do it in PM, this is more for brawl/melee monthlies than B.S

S0FT

Smash Ace
Mike has them...
This is the last thing im gonna say about this, I beat Chad sunday. So its logical to think I can beat him again. But I Have NEVER said I was better then him... He places way better than me at every other tournament, he is obviously better. I just lost all respect for him (and got a bit mad), because he turns into some horrednous cry baby when he loses. I hope more people continue to beat him because apparently thats exactly what he needs...

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Mike has them...
This is the last thing im gonna say about this, I beat Chad sunday. So its logical to think I can beat him again. But I Have NEVER said I was better then him... He places way better than me at every other tournament, he is obviously better. I just lost all respect for him (and got a bit mad), because he turns into some horrednous cry baby when he loses. I hope more people continue to beat him because apparently thats exactly what he needs...

many people have that view, you just have to get used to that

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
pussy

Want a prize for knowing people who play a video game for not even enough money to support themselves? ROFL. Brag about knowing Michael Jordan or something. Guess what I know MIKE G!!!!!!!!

:mad: <---Chaddd. It's just a game Chaddd!!!!

many people have that view, you just have to get used to that

Chaddd is just mad that something showed the smash public that Chaddd is beatable.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Noir, you completely misread what he said about those smash players.

We've heard what s0ft said, and we've heard what Chaddd said. Isn't that enough for those of you who aren't directly involved? Trashtalk is fine, but just let it be between s0ft and Chaddd, they're the ones who are either going to let this beef subside or play it out.

PB&J

Smash Hero
chaddd- why are u getting so mad over a 6 man tourny..its just a game..and stop being so hard on josh..u know josh never talked junk after winning- and i thought u already apalogized alread for cursing him out ..josh is only 17..he respects u and looks up to u as a smasher ..don't take his joy of winning away from him..just look at it this way..even michael jordan lost a few games and he still is the best stop getting so worked up we are all friends here

josh- stop replying back to chaddd ..the conversation is only progressing to get worse

cornel-whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppp

nana- i love u

B_AWAL

Smash Master

We've heard what s0ft said, and we've heard what Chaddd said. Isn't that enough for those of you who aren't directly involved? Trashtalk is fine, but just let it be between s0ft and Chaddd, they're the ones who are either going to let this beef subside or play it out.
Tru, but people aren't gonna sit idly by and read this petty arguement without making any comments.

IAMNOTFORDIE

Smash Cadet

Tom edit - If anyone has a dispute with the way I moderate, there is a section of the forums for that. Also, if you have a dispute with moderators as a whole, I would love to listen to you with an open ear, but please be civil. I'd like to understand the way you all feel about spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom