• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
bawal, you did throw a thinly veiled insult at GA. Remember that
1) GA is a melee state, and
2)generally OOS tournaments aren't worth the drive unless there's a decent number of people there.

I don't believe I've seen you come up to GA to play in our monthlies, so please don't try to attack us for not driving 4-6+ hours to another state so we can play a game that our state's community doesn't like as a whole. don't diss mars; you don't know what you're talking about.
MK is a broken character because he breaks the game balance, hence "broken."
So, Calvin, if you beat reflex, who's best in the state, who almost beat m2k, inui logic dictates that you're the best in the world.

Oh, Bawal, you don't need to ! so much.... UNLESS YOU PLAY SNAKE
All I was tryin to do was invite people to a Tourney that has Brawl and Melee and find out more Brawl and Melee tourneys in GA. I didn't mean to sound so ignorant but when U talked about FL I had to correct U. As far as GA is concerned, My 1st post on Every GA thread has been the same. I'm askin about the GA Smash Scene and this is the only thread where I get negative comments throw at me.

I was wrong for making a post about another tourney here. However I was trying to invite U all to a Florida Tourney and find out where some good GA tourneys are. Those were my intentions, if U read my 1st posts that is obvious. Then when people come at me sideways(rudely) for diff reasons and then certain people tell me certain things I assume certain things cuz U all told me so.

MK is a tough character to fight, but when U get used to him he aint so bad. I just hope that people don't end up sayin MK should be banned.

Honestly, I apologized for my incorrect actions. All I wanna know is... I don't care about half the things U guys kept mentioning. U guys started comin at me with a comment saying that in FL we have no good MK's.

How much is a good number for OOS tourneys?
Also, how many people normally go to tourneys in GA?
What characters normally win? (I'm told Falco and C Fal)
DO U guys have only Melee or Brawl tourneys or both?
What are the best reccomended tourneys to go to and are there any good hotels by them?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
No offense... But the fact that U guys had finals with C Fal and Falco is jus creepy :-/ I need to come up and experience this!!! :-D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Okay, but first off, you spammed. Second of all, we read the ATL South threads. If there is a tournament to be noted, it will be there on the first page. You don't have to spam yours, and if you want to see when our tournaments are, you can simply check ATL South or Tournament listings. How did I attack FL? You said that Metaknight wasn't a threat in FL, not us. M2K used Metaknight. Then you said Metaknight wasn't broken, which he clearly is. We cleared that up since you assumed broken meant unbeatable.

Here are some answers
1) how large would you think a tournament would have to be for you to willingly travel 3-20 hours to drive to? Usually it's 50 or more, for me. My willingness to travel is also affected by the presence of friends, but that's just me <_<
2) GA's smash community is fairly small. Brawl tournaments can get kind of big, sometimes 30-40 people. Melee rarely exceeds 10 unless we bring in OOS. Here are our active melee plays off the top of my head - GAWes, chaddd, Cornel, Eugene, Marty, SleepyK, Alpha, Dogysamich, Prac, Gerbil, Ares, s0ft, PB&J, TBAG, Fullmetal, Sirena Fatale, Chelsey, Umby, Datman, Daniel Zaman, Holywhack, XIF, Tong, Bearsarescary, metroid_01, jx31, and there are a few more but I can't think of any since i'm watching a video on dinosaurs in class. we have a decent-sized melee community, and brawl is sort of a wild card since new people pop up all the time for those tournaments.
3) Normally, the people who win in Brawl are
Reflex/Luis (technically Alabama) who mains wario, pokemon trainer, and captain falcon
Calvin/kismet2 - Falco
Desu/Tim - Dedede
that's it for the top 3.
Teams usually end with Luis and Calvin vs Tim and Fullmetal/Mike (marth)
4) the only ones that are coming up are Tipped Off 4, which is melee only, and has a huge thread dedicated to it. Check the ATL South board more carefully, please.
This Waba thread denotes monthly brawl tournaments, which sometimes garners a lot of people.

EDIT - The finals were Reflex vs Calvin, who play each other a lot. Reflex.. is just too good.

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is interested
sometime during the school year me, diablo, and Dynomite are going to try to host i mini tournament at our school- however we are unsure of everything as of right now.

Antic is going to try to help us host it, but for now i just need to get approval...

If anyone is interested it'll be @ Northview High School
Web: http://www.northviewhigh.com/

Address: 10625 Parsons Rd
Duluth , GA 30097

If you are interested keep this address and website in mind
I will confirm anything when i ask my principal

(as long as reflex and desu dont come;))

remember im not asking EVERYBODY.. its just a little tourney me and Antic were talking about...

Umby

Smash Master
Well, I meant tournaments, since I like showing off my Sonic to people who haven't played it yet. But the otherwise obvious course of action would be for me to go to Tech every now and then.

SleepyK

oh, i see.
Well, you can always get vids up so people can talk trash in youtube comments.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
If anyone is interested
sometime during the school year me, diablo, and Dynomite are going to try to host i mini tournament at our school- however we are unsure of everything as of right now.

Antic is going to try to help us host it, but for now i just need to get approval...

If anyone is interested it'll be @ Northview High School
Web: http://www.northviewhigh.com/

Address: 10625 Parsons Rd
Duluth , GA 30097

If you are interested keep this address and website in mind
I will confirm anything when i ask my principal

(as long as reflex and desu dont come;))

remember im not asking EVERYBODY.. its just a little tourney me and Antic were talking about...
K, thx for giving me credit for my ideas.

But yeah, im hoping to host a tournamnt at my school. They tryed to host 1 last year for melee but it was a school only thing so some collage student wanted to go but couldnt,... cuz yeah... our school only... so anyways the host got beaten up and my principal cancled it. Idk why he didnt let any1 else do it but w/e.. if i get 1 going all are invited. Yeah if we dont have a good turnout im not gona play. or even let kingK or Diablo play since they are just no match for us =/ as far as i know..

oh hey Min. u think u can give out some Waba day passes, shirts, waterbattles, w/e u guys have for some advertisment and prises to 1-3rd winners? could be a good way to boost waba's attendance.. what u think?

anyways if it does work we will let u guys know.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman

But yeah, im hoping to host a tournamnt at my school. They tryed to host 1 last year for melee but it was a school only thing so some collage student wanted to go but couldnt,... cuz yeah... our school only... so anyways the host got beaten up and my principal cancled it. Idk why he didnt let any1 else do it but w/e.. if i get 1 going all are invited. Yeah if we dont have a good turnout im not gona play. or even let kingK or Diablo play since they are just no match for us =/ as far as i know..

oh hey Min. u think u can give out some Waba day passes, shirts, waterbattles, w/e u guys have for some advertisment and prises to 1-3rd winners? could be a good way to boost waba's attendance.. what u think?

a good rule is regardless of what state you're from not to post in other people's tournament forums, create your own thread for this. If you ask permission from Min you may advertise it. But yeah.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Okay, but first off, you spammed. Second of all, we read the ATL South threads. If there is a tournament to be noted, it will be there on the first page. You don't have to spam yours, and if you want to see when our tournaments are, you can simply check ATL South or Tournament listings. How did I attack FL? You said that Metaknight wasn't a threat in FL, not us. M2K used Metaknight. Then you said Metaknight wasn't broken, which he clearly is. We cleared that up since you assumed broken meant unbeatable.

Here are some answers
1) how large would you think a tournament would have to be for you to willingly travel 3-20 hours to drive to? Usually it's 50 or more, for me. My willingness to travel is also affected by the presence of friends, but that's just me <_<
2) GA's smash community is fairly small. Brawl tournaments can get kind of big, sometimes 30-40 people. Melee rarely exceeds 10 unless we bring in OOS. Here are our active melee plays off the top of my head - GAWes, chaddd, Cornel, Eugene, Marty, SleepyK, Alpha, Dogysamich, Prac, Gerbil, Ares, s0ft, PB&J, TBAG, Fullmetal, Sirena Fatale, Chelsey, Umby, Datman, Daniel Zaman, Holywhack, XIF, Tong, Bearsarescary, metroid_01, jx31, and there are a few more but I can't think of any since i'm watching a video on dinosaurs in class. we have a decent-sized melee community, and brawl is sort of a wild card since new people pop up all the time for those tournaments.
3) Normally, the people who win in Brawl are
Reflex/Luis (technically Alabama) who mains wario, pokemon trainer, and captain falcon
Calvin/kismet2 - Falco
Desu/Tim - Dedede
that's it for the top 3.
Teams usually end with Luis and Calvin vs Tim and Fullmetal/Mike (marth)
4) the only ones that are coming up are Tipped Off 4, which is melee only, and has a huge thread dedicated to it. Check the ATL South board more carefully, please.
This Waba thread denotes monthly brawl tournaments, which sometimes garners a lot of people.

EDIT - The finals were Reflex vs Calvin, who play each other a lot. Reflex.. is just too good.

Thanx 4 the info. I don't know much about bloggin, all I knew was that U post and people respond. My B for all the mixup.

I'll look into the ATL south boards. Thanx 4 all the help. I hope I can make the tourney on Dec 20th. Our tourneys have normally 30 - 40 people. And thats whenever we don't advertise. But yeah, we wil see what happens.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Well, I meant tournaments, since I like showing off my Sonic to people who haven't played it yet. But the otherwise obvious course of action would be for me to go to Tech every now and then.
Soooooooooo Y don't U wanna fight another Sonic in a Ditto if U wanna show him off?

chaddd

Smash Lord
Chaddd 6 person tournaments are the only tournaments we have in GA these days, my tournament had 8, and the previous waba tournaments havnt had enough at all. Im hoping by posting the results people will see how little a turn out it was and more people will come.
The only way we have big tournaments now is if we try and get oos to come. I just dont understand why so many people dont show up/ dont enter tournaments anymore.....
You're hoping that by posting the results so you can tell more people the story about how you Fox beat my Jigglypuff when we happen to random Yoshi's Story. The results weren't worth posting and no one even asked.

And I'm sorry, but your tournament was obviously a quick attempt for you to try and make some money off of smash, since you announced it maybe 2 weeks before. The only tournaments we have are 6 person tournaments? No, only the sh*tty tournaments in Georgia have 6-8 people. The only tournament hosted at Waba so far that didn't involve Brawl and didn't suck was Mike's. Every tournament ever run by Wes or Mike was more than decent, and Prac and Alpha's was the biggest we've had since Smash Aid, which was huge.

Either way, you don't have to lie about your motives about posting the results, but I just found it funny that you didn't even post the results of your own last tournament for about 2 days but it took you like 3 hours under these circumstances.

I know you did well. So does everyone who was there. Just don't ever expect to even come close to beating me again, under any circumstances or matchup.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
a good rule is regardless of what state you're from not to post in other people's tournament forums, create your own thread for this. If you ask permission from Min you may advertise it. But yeah.
sry, but kyle braught it up. and i wonder who else is doing that..
hmmmm

*cough* B_awal * cough*

PB&J

Smash Hero
we know about the competition in florida already so stop posting and telling us to go to florida i play almost every top 10 person in brawl and melee so go post in another thread

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice

yes i agree fully 100% thx Dyno
oh yah my bro said his friend challenged the college kid to a fight but the college kid cheated and used an eye spray on my bros friend then started beating on him but when my bros friend could see he knocked the college kid unconscious with one hit. (the friend has been doing muy tai for like 10 years)

yah thx for everything antic me and dyno will give a good word for you ;)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
we know about the competition in florida already so stop posting and telling us to go to florida i play almost every top 10 person in brawl and melee so go post in another thread
I've apologized SEVERAL TIMES FOR THIS ALREADY. So can we please jus move on???

It don't matter...

Moving on, I've been meaning to ask. Whose idea was it to let PS1 be a neutral stage? I mean, I LOVE the stage but many people complain about the Windmill.

S0FT

Smash Ace
By posting results it doesnt show that i beat you at all.... No one who read this thread, that had not shown up, would have known until now.

Yes I am very happy with myself that I beat you, regardless of the fact that it was just a 6-man tournament.

No I didnt need money at Noys 3, and I hosted a tournament because someone asked me to.

And If you had read the first page of my trny, you would have seen that I did not post it because I was upset that people went to the mall instead of my tournament.....

Frankly this is uncalled for, I practice and strategize, I put a lot A LOT of time into smash bros, and when I beat you, you cuss me out... at a 6 man tournament.....
When I lose to someone I think is inferior or worse then me, I congragulate them.... its good that someone is getting better chaddd wether you like it or not.... and next time i play you
I will beat you even worse.....
P.S. Wes is a beast...

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
everyone who is interested in my tourney proposal there is a thread in atlantic south on it thank you

chaddd

Smash Lord
and next time i play you
I will beat you even worse.....
P.S. Wes is a beast...
This is the best part about newbs. You're f*cking delusional, buddy.

It is now my mission to make sure you are nothing in Smash no matter how hard you try.

I don't care how "good" you think you are, I can still four stock you if I need to.

EDIT: Also, how exactly were you planning on beating me worse? Making me kill myself more often than I did that set? Keep practicing man, because at least that way you'll realize you're wasting your time. Notice how I used correct grammar in that last sentence.

SleepyK

Bawal, this isn't a blog, it's a public forum - don't post more than one time in a row. You can quote multiple posts in one post, and you can edit your previous posts to include comments you didn't manage to fit into one post.

S0FT

Smash Ace
Yes Chad I know I am not better then you, YET, but thats no excuse to treat me like a leper
when I beat you.

BUT If you ever think YOU can keep ME down then you do not know me at all.
Nothing can ever stands in my way. NOTHING.
Especially not a big tough, trash talking, cry baby that cant take a loss like a man...

But atleast you still got your grammatically correct sentances to get your back, right?

chaddd

Smash Lord
Yes Chad I know I am not better then you, YET, but thats no excuse to treat me like a leper
when I beat you.

Especially not a big tough, trash talking, cry baby that cant take a loss like a man...

But atleast you still got your grammatically correct sentances to get your back, right?
At one point I forgot you were just a trash talking crybaby b*tch.

You think I should have to get up and say good game and shake your hand even when I know I just lost to some bullsh*t? Or someone who IS bullsh*t?

I love how courageous you are for your keyboard, and you're a total god damn prude in person. I expect you to be the one to stick to losing because you're so **** used to it. But in all honesty, you should be sticking to chess, because you're wasting your time in Smash from this point on. I'll go to every tournament you do just to make sure you can't win.

The only difference between you and me, besides the fact that I'm not a total scrub, is the fact that next time I play you in or at a tournament, not only will wreck you, but I also know that I won't be posting about it 3 hours later trying to pretend I'm good because of it.

bigman40

Smash Master
If you're heading back to Waba for the next tourney, I'll be happy to play your Sonic. I'ma think about bringing my Wii there cause then I can record all matches without needing to use any of the recording equipment (I hacked it to go past the 3 min limit).

Edit: crap! Chadd vs Soft going at it o_o I say Money match! xD

S0FT

Smash Ace
Well posting the results is by no means bragging about anything, but I guess your right beating you is never an achievement.
And I guess personal insults make you feel better about yourself..?
And used to losing what..? Smash bros.... Obviously im gonna lose when I first start anything...
But if your so good and im soooo bad. How did I win? You can obviously 4 stock me anytime you want and you have been playing video games competitivly for quite some time...
How you ever lost to a complete scrub and newb is beyond me...
But Im just an old grammerless "prude" so how would i know?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
actions > words

AKA:

I'm not taking sides here. Chaddd has a longer history of better actions, but josh won yesterday. :ohwell:

barring dumb stages being used FTW, I think handshakes are always in order, and even then you eventually need to acknowledge GG. But sulking is still allowed for an hour ;)

I didnt see the match myself, but if I were josh or chaddd, i'd just laugh and prove whatever at TABASCO. Either person.

Josh is certainly getting better, but josh, you just need to work on expanding your game further away from hit once and camp for 8 minutes, because once you know the counter, your entire gameplan falls apart completely.

My 2 cents

(goes back to planning thnxgiving break to fit in as much smash and weed as possible)

S0FT

Smash Ace
I posted the results initially, I didnt say anthing about beating chaddd or how I was better and he got pretty uptight about it. But I guess I would be just as embarresed, If I lost to a complete newb and scrub as well...

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
when I beat you.

Good attitude bro. I'll keep you down though :] Just wait. (playin)

I'm going to be the new shizwizz!!!!(not playin)

SleepyK

you playing falco now, Chris?
That's a good addition to fox.
As far as falcos go in ga, you have cornel, datman, me, tong/elliot, and a couple of other people who could help you with it. If you're still not upset about our silly argument over silly things, I'd be willing to visit you sometime or pick you up on a friday for some melee at waba.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Yup. DSW does some terribly sick stuff, so I told myself that I need to learn how to do that. I'm not angry with you. You're a cool guy. I just don't like how you let a better friend start trash talking me for no reason. If one of my friends did that I'd be embarrassed and I would tell him to chill out. My friend Dalton was going to smash tournaments with us to only talk trash and piss people off. He was and I told him to stop. It's really not funny.

I'll game with you. I don't really have a problem with you. I won't play with that Tong kid though. I don't like his attitude and not intending on forcing myself to tolerate it, no offense. If he can come off as a cooler dude, then sure, but as of now I don't like him.

SleepyK

haha, I guess i'm just used to tong. but sure, i like falco dittos as long as they're not laser-centric <_<
oh, wes also plays some falco, i think. he plays like datman.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
haha, I guess i'm just used to tong. but sure, i like falco dittos as long as they're not laser-centric <_<
oh, wes also plays some falco, i think. he plays like datman.
I'm probably going to pick up Marth too. I would rather you play other characters, instead of just falco. I need to learn character match ups...

SleepyK

awesome, I play a pretty good number of characters:
Falco, Falcon, Marth, and fox are all pretty good. I'm turning into cornel! Waaah.
But uh, I also play ganondorf, game and watch, sheik, mario/doc, peach, .... err, i play everybody except for ice climbers and pichu with a decent amount of skill, pretty much. Mewtwo is also low on my playability list. not as low as ice climbers or pichu

Oh, also, don't forget that while learning matchups helps, playstyles can make two characters seem completely different.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
awesome, I play a pretty good number of characters:
Falco, Falcon, Marth, and fox are all pretty good. I'm turning into cornel! Waaah.
But uh, I also play ganondorf, game and watch, sheik, mario/doc, peach, .... err, i play everybody except for ice climbers and pichu with a decent amount of skill, pretty much. Mewtwo is also low on my playability list. not as low as ice climbers or pichu

Oh, also, don't forget that while learning matchups helps, playstyles can make two characters seem completely different.
I think once I learn how to be the one in control, that shouldn't matter too much. You're the one with the experience though, so we'll see :]

Read: I'm going to main FullMetal
After I main dsw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom