• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Splice

Smash Hero
If you dont like GIMP you could use Paint instead. That's always not too bad.

Also who the hell names their program GIMP lol.

I like the Melty Blood one the best, but the one with the guy with the green hair looks like it took the most skill.

MTGod

Smash Champion
The same type of people who thought Curtin University of New Technologies would make a fine acronym, that's who =.=

Anyway, Andre, I'll be around this Saturday before lunch, that cool???

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
MSN said:
Hakuna Matata says:
alrihgt
EARTH
Andeh says:
FIRE
Thank god I'm only watching the game, controlling it. I don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating. says:
WIND
Martin/Marty/Marteh/Martie says:
WATER
Trilla says:
HEART
Hakuna Matata says:
GO PLANET
Yet mic never came....

Alzi

Smash Master
You look impressive with low post count posting bad *** comments and making the people with high post counts look bad.

;)

But you can't do that to mic since he always wins in the end. It's like starting a war you know you have no chance in.

Splice

Smash Hero
I've decided to get it up, though. I want to look impressive.
Hey Luke, you're missing out on some fantastic sexual innuendo oppurtunities right here!

PS Pete are you manually changing your sig all the time? Or is it programmed? I don't understand?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I can attest to Kane and his presence_ My fiance immediately made comments after my first encounter with Kane_ The only problem is that extended periods of time without interaction with or around Kane can lead to nasty side effects_ Now that he is in Port Hedland, i fear for my sex life_ It also doesn't work on Alzi apparently_ Life works in mysterious ways_

Pete anything Darkstalkers makes me quiver_ Would also like to see a TvC or Rival Schools sig_ Also, what is your current love for Olimar_? Interested in picking him up_? Needless to say it has made me consider using him at the next tournament for old times sake_ (braces for flaming)

Soundwave was amazing for anyone who missed it and Jimmy Eat World where a pack of poppy ****ers as predicted_ Ah i love being proven right_ Anti-Flag + Gallows made my night_

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
When I heard Jimmy Eat World I was like "wow they suck live"

But nah, Anti-Flag and Reel Big Fish were where it was at. The sunnies were never seen again.

Oh and Bob I've been requested to steal all photos from you, that being Squat, the smashfest, soundwave, whatever else there was.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I've always been interested in Olimar, due to the extreme hatred I felt for him while playing Falcon, with matchup advice of 'don't do things, things will get you killed'.

Muzga

Smash Ace
has the idea of crews really been brought up much among the perth scene?
Initially it seemed like a good idea, North v south was supposed to be a contest which fit the idea of what was supposed to be a crew battle. Unfortunately when it comes to brawl the south suffers crippling inadequacies.

The inadequacy of the south is what brought on the North V South contests. Being unable to win in brawl they decided that they needed to compensate for that void somehow so instead of brawl they decided to try winning at something else. Maybe their self esteem was too low, Maybe they were just looking for something they could be proud of.

Unfortunately when the first contest came along they failed to step up to the plate and deliver a winning performance. They fought valiantly at bowling but sadly the north took the cake in that contest

In fact, The only contest the south has won in so far has been one where the north side has been completely crippled. A contest which was also their counterpick, Squash.

EDIT: I love you guys, i really do. Dont be hatin'

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wouldn't think that crews would be too farfetch'd. :083

Also, this might sound weird, but I have a question to those coming on the 7th. Anyone interested in helping me out with a little something that might involve a small amount of singing?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Just reminding you guys, there's a tournament this Sunday and the officially confirmed list only has 6 people. Hurry up and post if you're coming :p.

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
i can come to tourney

also AMAZING NEWZ
during the upcoming tournament alister and i are going to have a best of 5 in tatsunoko vs capcom to see who gets to keep the character chun li
BUT DONT WORRY I HAVE THE PERFECT HYBRID TEAM CALLED CASS LI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I think the fact that North has more players and higher ranked players is what makes NvS crews fairly imbalanced_ fairly certain that South has Myself, Marty, Jesse, Quetz, Graeme, Andy, Pete erm........... North has Mic, Jupz, Vlade, Ric, Sam, Chewe, Glenn, Techno, Kane, Trill, Muzga, Trav, the list goes on_

i would love to do Crew battles but the lack of numbers also makes it fairly imbalanced_ Only way to counteract would be through excluding northies, using handicaps or allowing southies to give certain people 2 turns_

Still not coming to the next tournament_ Also FFXIII comes out day after my birthday_ I may disappear for a while_

Jupz

Smash Master
I think the fact that North has more players and higher ranked players is what makes NvS crews fairly imbalanced_ fairly certain that South has Myself, Marty, Jesse, Quetz, Graeme, Andy, Pete erm........... North has Mic, Jupz, Vlade, Ric, Sam, Chewe, Glenn, Techno, Kane, Trill, Muzga, Trav, the list goes on_

i would love to do Crew battles but the lack of numbers also makes it fairly imbalanced_ Only way to counteract would be through excluding northies, using handicaps or allowing southies to give certain people 2 turns_

Still not coming to the next tournament_ Also FFXIII comes out day after my birthday_ I may disappear for a while_
Same with me.

Also once I got two ones in a row on a 1,000,000 random number generator on my calculator lol. I tried for a few weeks before i actually got my first 1, and then I spat out another number and it was a 1 too i was like wtfzomg and i won life.

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
Also I Will Probs Sing Screw It Ill Do It I Never Usaually Do Stuff Like That But This Year Ima Say Yes To A Crap Load Of More Things :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Inowatumean Rick, and it's a pretty good idea :p Time permitting, 4 teams of 5 round robin, with a final match for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th would be good, should only take about two hours using 2 set ups...

EDIT: Forgot to post my notepad doc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being unable to win in brawl they decided that they needed to compensate for that void somehow so instead of brawl they decided to try winning at something else. Maybe their self esteem was too low, Maybe they were just looking for something they could be proud of.
Or it could be Kane, Trav, Trill, Alister and yourself displaying too much overconfidence in your abilities over MSN that we Southies felt needed to knock you down a couple of (thousand) pegs, you cocky *******s :p

Anyone interested in helping me out with a little something that might involve a small amount of singing?
Trav, Alister, Glenn to sing... Puberty cracks away :D

Also FFXIII comes out day after my birthday_ I may disappear for a while_
I hear the storyline is pretty short, though I haven't heard much about side-quest depth... Hopefully it's as much as FFX :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, tournament should come first - one TV out means roughly about 2 doubles matches and 4 singles matches that get queued up, which will make the tournament last an extra hour or two longer to complete...

Top Bottom