• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I would like to see people taking consideration for a TvC side tournament_ We should really aim at getting the scene rolling_ If people don't waste time and free up spare tv's whilst the tournament is running, then you should have plenty of time to run doubles, singles and have room for friendlies + a TvC side tourney_ ;)

I'm hoping FFXIII is worth the wait although being disappointed the series has finally caved into microsoft_ I haven't played since FFIX so it will be interesting no less_ For any dedicated FF fans, FFI and FFII have been re-released on the iphone_ If all else fails, i have the God of War Pandora box on pre order_

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Kind of funny, I don't really play console games all that much anymore, the only game I do play is Heroes Of Newerth really. I dunno sometimes I just feel Im out growing things hence my lack of any dedication to improve in brawl as of late.

Oh and Andre as for bowling, you know Mic's last minute decision to bring Ryan saved you, look at the scores
Andre/Pete averaged 30-40 per game
Me/Mic/Ryan averaged around 80
Jesse/Trav averaged around 110.

Take out one member the mean is changed.

Little over confident arent ya ;), and Im yet to see North have a counterpick they're comfortable with to use against us.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how NvS TvC would go_? ;)
not sur would be interesting both glenn and allister are pretty beast. Is anyone on the south any good? im getting glenn 2 teach me. Picking it up just gotta get better at keeping the combos going :) and same as allister and glenn i play chun li lol....with ryu so far but that could change, not settled on him yet

also i should be coming this sunday assuming im not 2 hungover mates 21st on sat. If i do come will only b for singles and probs some tvc

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Im not to bad at TvC, I think me and Bob could give you a run for your money sometime :p
Oh and a chance I cant do to tourney or fest :/ money issues, bdays, **** like that. Ill try though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kind of funny, I don't really play console games all that much anymore, the only game I do play is Heroes Of Newerth really. I dunno sometimes I just feel Im out growing things hence my lack of any dedication to improve in brawl as of late.
I know the feeling. I've gotten more use out of my Wii the last week or two than the last few months since my laptop's been gone.

I wanna play TF2 again :c

Technodeath

Smash Champion
i'm more or less the opposite, i've been slowly getting more and more into console gaming rather than PC gaming.

i just prefer the games on console for the most part, Except maybe Cod4 or Osu.

Alzi

Smash Master
North would **** south at TvC bob. ;)

We have more players aswell up north.

Seems like not many people can make it this sunday to the tournament how about we make it the 14th of March instead? THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO COME.

Need to study for RE test tommorow :/ ffs. Then saturday and sunday i can practice some brawl for thriller and practice combo's in TvC.

OH AND AFTER THRILLER WHEN I COME BACK AFTER A FEW WEEKS OF WAITING I WILL GIVE YOU GUYS A SUPRISE WHICH INCLUDES ONE OF MY FRIENDS HELPING ME OUT IN SHOWING YOU THIS SUPRISE.

Glenn and Bob TvC me on Saturday?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Glenn's pretty much even with me now, judging from the 3 matches we played last sunday anyway

NvS TvC would be more competitive than brawl though (coz we **** at brawl) as long as South can get players

Since my internet connection sucks I almost never pc game (not to mention I suck at fps and rts in general and therefore do not like them). This logic does not apply to SF4 since I am actually motivated to get better despite me losing to Trav's zangief as Akuma. Otherwise I'm looking for like a 3 hour gap in my life where I can just play Tales of Symphonia. I've started the Ace Attorney Investigations game and only finished first case, but from what I've played it's an awesome concept and it's wicked hearing Edgeworth yell Eureka! lol. Need to finish Dragon Quest IX, Lufia II and Tales of Symphonia I don't know why I never get round to them.

I would love a TvC side tournament but I think we're doing pete's anti-god complex.

Trillest

Smash Ace
hey vlade my bison got 2 dbl ko's in a match with an akuma in teh city he was good could combo n such you should be worried :D. Also i thought we couldnt cp video games me trav marteh and some1 had a big discussion about this on real brawlers one night

Technodeath

Smash Champion
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NvS EVENTS. THEY'RE SEPERATE.

i was just going on about Crew battles made of up of people from either side of the river, as long as it was balanced. and a few others have mentioned TvC as a Crew battle type thing. either way, if Brawl/TvC is themed into NvS as crews it's not going to be fair.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Glenn's pretty much even with me now, judging from the 3 matches we played last sunday anyway

NvS TvC would be more competitive than brawl though (coz we **** at brawl) as long as South can get players

Since my internet connection sucks I almost never pc game (not to mention I suck at fps and rts in general and therefore do not like them). This logic does not apply to SF4 since I am actually motivated to get better despite me losing to Trav's zangief as Akuma. Otherwise I'm looking for like a 3 hour gap in my life where I can just play Tales of Symphonia. I've started the Ace Attorney Investigations game and only finished first case, but from what I've played it's an awesome concept and it's wicked hearing Edgeworth yell Eureka! lol. Need to finish Dragon Quest IX, Lufia II and Tales of Symphonia I don't know why I never get round to them.

I would love a TvC side tournament but I think we're doing pete's anti-god complex.
One of the top players up here in a finals played Gief v Akuma, even though his Akuma was better, because he believes that Gief has the advantage. He actaully won too.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Whatever you choose for the NvS CP guys, just make sure you let me know via the FFFF thread by the 14th, including day/time, team sizes and rule amendments/scoring and ****... Remember it has to be held before the 21st as well :D

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
So sorry guys but due to unforeseen events we can't use the church on Sunday. The options are:

1) Have it on Saturday
2) Use a different venue
3) Postpone it until next week

I was expecting quite a low attendance anyway so holding it net week might be the better option, what does everyone else think?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If we don't have enough we might as well postpone, but still would be cool to do something this weekend :c

MTGod

Smash Champion
If we don't have enough we might as well postpone, but still would be cool to do something this weekend :c

Andre's having a smashfest...

I'm up for the 14th for a tournament :D I can be there then :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So on msn alzi was all like
"We should postpone it"
and Pete was like
"No we shouldnt"

Well Pete, ***** GOT OWNED HARD! WHAT NOW?

And yeah please postpone.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Andre's having a smashfest...
*Facepalm* dur hur mic >.< How'd I forget MADPEAT?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Been watching some FF13 vids, I really need a 360 or PS3...
Oh and just remembered, results of
"Marteh's super awesome low tier tourney"
1 Trav
2 Jesse
3 Josh
5 Andeh
5 Vlade
7 Pete
7 Mic
9 Buff
9 Marteh

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
Been watching some FF13 vids, I really need a 360 or PS3...
1 Trav
2 Jesse
3 Josh
5 Andeh
5 Vlade
7 Pete
7 Mic
9 Buff
9 Marteh
where did glenn come? lol

Muzga

Smash Ace
ooer, No tournament?
That gives me 2 options
Postpone MADPEAT because it makes the name REDUNDANT
or have it anyway for the lulz
you decide

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
Invisible apparently_ Anyways i'm all up for postponing the tournament as i can attend the following weekend_ :)
lol im assuming he was 3rd cos he told me got knocked out in loosers finals my jesse, and ur missing a 4th place :) lol

also yea def postpone it....i can come 4 the whole thing then :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
1 Trav (Bowser/Ike)
2 Jesse (Lucas)
3 Glenn (Lucas/Jigglypuff)
4 Josh (Zelda)
5 Andeh (Ganon)
5 Vlade (C.Falcon)
7 Pete (No Clue, but I'm guessing C. Falcon :p)
7 Mic (Ganon)
9 Buff (Link)
9 Marteh (Ness *sadface*)
Fixed :p Glenn definitely came 3rd cos I played him in Loser's Finals (wow, I'm not going to be able to say that again for a LONG time :p)... Josh I'm sure would've come 4th since I think he played Lister :p

That gives me 2 options
Postpone MADPEAT because it makes the name REDUNDANT
or have it anyway for the lulz
Have it anyway!!! I've blocked the day off for it and will be coming around even if you cancel it...

lso it looks like the tournament is now on the 14th, let me know if you're coming.
DEFINITELY COMING :D:D:D:D Book it now, Trav, if you haven't done so already ^^

Alzi

Smash Master
I can probally attend on the 14th i will enter singles.

Can Venue fee money be $5 instead of $10?

I will only team up and enter doubles if i know i am going to win some money if not i won't be doing doubles since i need to save as much money as possible for the other week when i have my driving lesson. :p

Anyone want to do a special game with me? It's on a custom stage aswell i will try link you guys later on tonight.

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
yeh have madpete tomoz neway i can come but ill probs be there at like 1:30

ill have a special game

MTGod

Smash Champion
I should be Bowser/Ike, teach y'all to CP Pirate Ship on me.
Yeah Pirate Ship :p My mind seems to have blacked out on those matches haha... Rainbow Cruise is my favourite boat right now :D:D

Top Bottom