• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Well comboing isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Pete and I were playing it earlier and it's not like it's easy mode to combo (althought I did get a 90% combo on him with Luigi). They're hard to set up and you can get out of them with proper DI I would assume.

Pete278

Smash Lord
You can DI out of them, especially with floaty characters like Weegee. Its harder with fastfallers, but they get more damaging combos, so it balances.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pirate Ship?
Rainbow Cruise

Maybe:
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Jungle Japes (Andre has an idea for an F rule, like the DDD rule for japes)

This is what me, Andre, and Graeme think is appropriate, keep in mind we are drinking.
wow this thread moves quicly now. I mostly agree with this list, i would maybe ban pirate ship, but def keep RC.

Also not sure if anyones aware of the japanese stage list. Coudlnt find a link :ohwell: but from memory its

Starter

FD
SV
BF

Counter

YI
Lylat cruise
Halbred

Not suggesting we should ever change to somethig like that, IC and diddy would become way 2 **** :).....just thought it was interesting

just letting every1 know not using this account anymore, not that big of a fan of bleach anymore -_- lol, new account is cHeWe. Also is there anything planned for this sunday? im thinking of maybe hosting tourney (at my mums even though i havent asked yet >< XD) this sunday if there isnt, cos i wont b able 2 make another tournament till sunday the 10th of january wat with x-mas and concerts ><

True Romance

Smash Ace
zzz

Boring discussion!

Nothing that wrong with how we've been doing things already, as far as I know most of our tournaments have been fun right?

Will be back in perth on the 22nd, will probably be getting some more games in with Luke back in canberra soon so that should be fun. Despite going to squat I think I haven't played this little brawl in a two week period for ages lol.

See yah guys when I'm back.

Alzi

Smash Master
LOL VLADE IS PLAYING WIND WAKER. THERES A PICTURE OF HIM ASLONG AS WITH THE VID OF HIM PLAYING.

OK Vlade i will see if you are a true wind waker fan.

I also got a job today, start from 4:00 until 2:00 am OH YEAH. CANNOT WAIT.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Welcome Back Squatties :p

Ganondorf can't recover on Smashville, let's ban it! :D
Ganondorf can't recover ANYWHERE... Let's ban the use of stages :p

How would everyone feel about Brawl+ instead of Doubles, as a testrun next tournament? And would we allow Roy?
Hmmm, not sure... I have only played Brawl+ once, so I'm not sure if I like it :p My vote is impartial...

I still reckon we should have a secret santa tournament, where we all get someone's name and have to choose a character for them to use xD Tis the season for Ganon v Yoshi, no???

Or, if that's too complicated, have a random tournament... Everyone goes random characters, and chooses a random stage with all stages turned on :p

EDIT: WTF? FLIGHT TIME AND BIG EASY GOT ELIMINATED? WHAT KIND OF **** IS THIS?
Apparently Big Easy isn't too great with famous Czech names... Unfortunately that leg didn't have any international travel, so the failure was a pretty big let down for them...

Disappointed I was working for the finale T.T I got home just in time to see the winners... I was rooting for the interracial guys :p

Also is there anything planned for this sunday?
I'm moving house, so yeah :p The rest of this week is going to be pretty mad...

Have fun at your job, Alzi... And is there any commentary Marty :p???

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
def no to brawl + over doubles, doubles is always so much fun :) Wheres your job alzi?

Alzi

Smash Master
It's at this juice factory.

So if i work 10 hours and they give me $10 thats $400 a week. Brand new car here i come =D.

I've worked in this salad factory before and i stopped working after 3 hours since you just stood there cutting while in a cold room so yeah i know this one isn't a cold room and you don't stand in one spot i think you just put labels on the drinks and store them in boxes which i am fine with.

[/size]

MTGod

Smash Champion
I vote not this weekend :D In fact, why not try a midweek tournament now that it's the holidays??? Note that it might be cheaper to have something during the week :p

Also, we should discuss more about the Perth nationals in person, not just on the forums... That way we won't get sidetracked (hopefully) :p

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
I vote not this weekend :D In fact, why not try a midweek tournament now that it's the holidays??? Note that it might be cheaper to have something during the week :p

Also, we should discuss more about the Perth nationals in person, not just on the forums... That way we won't get sidetracked (hopefully) :p
Yes & yes.
MTDawg :p

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice

4got about holidays mid week tourney sounds cool but would every1 be able to get of work? Someone organize a tourney already!!!!!

Technodeath

Smash Champion
well rather than waiting around for a tournament to happen, take the opportunity to do it yourself. it'll put less stress on people like Trav/Jason/Alister who usually organise them. even if some people cant make it to the tournaments on certain dates, you got to go with the best you can get.

unlike me, i live in geraldton. so i have a reason to not do anything.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I'll host when we can sort out a date! Does anyone work weekdays?

I mentioned a tourney like that before Jesse.

We should have a cool side tournament to switch things up every now and then.

Crazyhat Tourney: All characters are written down three times and put in a hat (ideally Mic's awesome hat). When the tourney starts, everybody draws a character. That is your main for the tourney.

MTGod

Smash Champion
4got about holidays mid week tourney sounds cool but would every1 be able to get of work? Someone organize a tourney already!!!!!
Does anyone have a full time job?? Casual workers such as myself should be fine to get off work assuming there's enough notice :p

I mentioned a tourney like that before Jesse.
I remember that - but the secret santa idea I mentioned (not my idea btw) was more you get to choose a person from a hat and then tell that person who to use, and not a character from a hat.. This way, Sam getting Toon Link will be less than a 1/36 chance :D

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a full time job?? Casual workers such as myself should be fine to get off work assuming there's enough notice :p

I remember that - but the secret santa idea I mentioned (not my idea btw) was more you get to choose a person from a hat and then tell that person who to use, and not a character from a hat.. This way, Sam getting Toon Link will be less than a 1/36 chance :D
i work fulltime but work in fast food so can swap my hours around:bee:

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, maybe... It was just an idea, anywho :p If everyone hates it, then just ignore it xD

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pretty much cbf going to RF this time. Maybe next time to get my fill of movies and TV shows.
It's probably just because I'd have no one to play Brawl with apart from Pete.

Fearr.

Smash Cadet
Hey im sorry but i dont know what i should main can i get some help?
im maining kirby atm but my ganadorf is getting pretty good should i stick with my kirby and use ganadorf as my secondary?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, none of us have seen you play, Fearr, so we can't give you advice on which is your better character :p

I guess the main thing is to play someone you enjoy, because if you don't enjoy using him you won't feel compelled to get better with him...

EDIT: Ask your cousin/s :D

Technodeath

Smash Champion
if you're looking at the characters ability to do well you'll stick with Kirby over Gdorf. :p

my gdorf is pretty alright. my biggest highlight so far would be the match in dubz against Alister and Jason, god i did well.. until i died

MTGod

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah I hate it when that happens, Rick xD I do remember when you caught me off guard with Dorf's Uair and stagespiked me - that was awesome xD I totally thought you were going for an UpB :p

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey im sorry but i dont know what i should main can i get some help?
im maining kirby atm but my ganadorf is getting pretty good should i stick with my kirby and use ganadorf as my secondary?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255853 - Which of these best suits what you are like?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407 - Try each character going down this list. The closer one you enjoy is to the top of the list, the better. Have a go at MK.
Because you already enjoy Kirby, you may want anything in A tier and S tier.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185253 - Do any of these vids look like something you want to do? If yes, aspire to it, by maining the most entertaining character!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226315 - This will tell you who the character you are interested in has trouble with. So Perth has Toon Link in quantity, this thread will tell you which characters you could main to do well against Toon Link with, and which ones may not be as great a choice.

So with a combined viewpoint of characters you like, and characters you will do well with, you should be able to make a more informed decision. Also, you can always main more than one character if the one you like has a problem with characters that are common in your area, and you do not approve.

Have a nice day.

Jupz

Smash Master
Nice work Splice. But seriously now if you're just beginning is the time to choose Metaknight cause if you don't then later on you will regret it.

Lol but yeah, just choose whoever you have fun with. feel free to switch around before finding solid ground.

Fearr.

Smash Cadet
Well, none of us have seen you play, Fearr, so we can't give you advice on which is your better character :p

I guess the main thing is to play someone you enjoy, because if you don't enjoy using him you won't feel compelled to get better with him...

EDIT: Ask your cousin/s :D
haha truee =] well thankss
only 1 cousin and 1 sister xD

Edits:
@Techno Thanks for that yeh i think in the end ill stick with kirby
@Splice Thanks for the link very helpful answer

Top Bottom