• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
Bob i am 100% sure i am not allowed to go. lol.

Have a safe and fun trip Kane. They should seriosuly start putting in mario games on the planes now. Image if they had smashbros and you could vs randoms within the plane man that would seriously be fun lol.
Fly singapore airlines

You can play all the old nes, snes and gameboy games. I speedrun pokemon everytime lol

Richard7

Smash Ace
Hey Bob, wanna know the reason why I didn't come today? Its because its unbelievably dangerous for a 16 year old to go on the train alone, to the point where it is impossible to not get mugged. So pissed off about today, my parents are idiots. Might not even be going to SQUAT now...... I pretty much want to kill myself right about now.

Pete278

Smash Lord
The train ride there would be fine, but depending on when you wanted to leave, the train ride back wouldn't be as safe. The chances of you getting mugged by drunk Aboriginals on the way back is almost the same as the chances of you not getting mugged.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Hey Bob, wanna know the reason why I didn't come today? Its because its unbelievably dangerous for a 16 year old to go on the train alone, to the point where it is impossible to not get mugged. So pissed off about today, my parents are idiots. Might not even be going to SQUAT now...... I pretty much want to kill myself right about now.
That's bull**** man, really you pay for SQUAT and may not be able to go, heck. Also with the train that is bull****, you sit on a train, you travel, your fine. Heck why didnt you tell them you could go with Trav and Andre.

The train ride there would be fine, but depending on when you wanted to leave, the train ride back wouldn't be as safe. The chances of you getting mugged by drunk Aboriginals on the way back is almost the same as the chances of you not getting mugged.
Okay that's just bull**** man, seriously I travel all hours, early as 5am, late as 1am, never have I been mugged or had any issues at all, seriously posts like that give parents more reasons not to let there kids out.

Anyway Smashfest is so awesome, got brawl and WarioWare going, good fun going on :p I'll be heading back there soon.
Edit: Wow everything is "bull**** man" to me today"

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
The best way to not get mugged and things like that never ever look like a weak man on the train. You need to enter in style and you need to sit in style. Like seriously if someone walked in my house with a shotgun i wouldn't run for the back door. I would actually try talk it through him to put the gun down while my family runs or somthing. I don't care if i got shot you must be brave and stand up to what is right.
................................................/facepalm. Yeah Alzi let's attempt to look tough so people looking for a fight take down the biggest guy in the vicinity, oh and your saying if some guy threatened your life you wouldn't leg it? Seriously.

This must be the stupidest comment ever (sorry if I sound rude)

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Yeh i reckon. Saying you will do all that stuff while your sitting on ya fat *** at a computer and having drunk lunatic shouting and pointing a gun in your face are two completely different ****.

And my parents are over-protective too and say I cant go to Muzga's smashfests but after fuming for a few hours I realise it's just because they love me and don't want me to get hurt.

^^Hypocrite much lol.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'd rather go to Singapore. No offence Vlade, but even all my Japanese friends prefer Singapore. My uncle and Japanese host father take holidays (independently obviously) to Singapore once a month. Singapore's pretty **** awesome.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Singapore and Japan aren't really that similar. Hong Kong is like a cheap rip-off of Singapore, and Hong Kong and coastal Chinese cities are the same, but that's it as far as Asian similarities go. Its like saying Germany and France are the same country.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Like seriously if someone walked in my house with a shotgun i wouldn't run for the back door. I would actually try talk it through him to put the gun down while my family runs or somthing. I don't care if i got shot you must be brave and stand up to what is right.
(Edited out - that was just rude...) Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that once you were shot, you'd care a little more... People don't usually walk around with shotguns unless they want to shoot stuff (pistols are another story :p)

...but even all my Japanese friends prefer Singapore.
It might be because they live in Japan, or visit it frequently... For example, I love Perth and all, but once you've been here for a year you've pretty much seen and done anything, and it becomes a retirement village of entertainment, so I'd definitely prefer to go anywhere else if I had the chance :p Either that or the stuff they do there is pretty boring to them... If all they go there for is to visit family and then come home, it'd be analogous to us visiting family over here (only a little more expensive :p)

Then again, comparing two countries/cities you DON'T visit frequently is a whole different matter :p Seitingen > Stuttgart xD

Its like saying Germany and France are the same country.
Germany + France = Switzerland...

MTGod

Smash Champion
All I'm getting for Christmas is the painful realisation that another year has gone past and I still don't know where I'm supposed to be going xD Hooray premature mid life crisis!!! Or... IS it premature...??? Scary thought...

EDIT: Quoting for Pete

People don't usually walk around with shotguns unless they want to shoot stuff

Pete278

Smash Lord
Even the license required to get a hunting shotgun says 'I INTEND TO SHOOT THINGS WITH THIS'. Admittadly, those things are foxes and wild boars (not too many of the boars here), but still.

EDIT: Bah, I missed the 'quote message in reply?' button. You know what I was responding to, though,

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hope everyone had fun at Bob's last night and got some good practice in :p I can only imagine the explosion of hype as the night progressed xD

Anyway, I tried to convince my folks to have something here for tomorrow, but they had some pretty good reasons why not... Boxes everywhere + semi-important papers on every possible flat surface that's not in a bedroom being the most prominent two reasons - Not the best environment for more than 4 people :p

And at the people who will still be in Perth, are we going to organise someway to watch the streaming??? Coz I seriously need to get off work ASAP if we do!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Heading off now for bobs, woo!

Hey Alzi, think I can borrow your sig making skillz later?

Richard7

Smash Ace
WTF?! I didn't know the smash fest was lasting 2 days? UGH! This series of unfortunate events is REALLY REALLY annoying me. No practice before a major smash tournament = me placing really bad, you watch.

I WANT TO PUNCH SOMETHING REAL HARD!

Top Bottom