• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Okay it's confirmed,
"Marteh's SQUAT smashfest"
Basically Saturday I'll be having a live stream going and we can just play some brawl, watch and support the WA crew.
I live fairly South of the river (like 20 minute drive), so you may want to organise a lift if coming, or it's a 10 minute walk from Kwinana station (sorry I can't organise lifts, but I can meet you there so you don't get lost).
And should be able to accommodate a few people the night if needed, but please bring a pillow or sleeping bag since we really don't have spares :p...

PM me for my address, and try to ignore my family.
Oh and if you need to contact me 0402 905 700.

I think I haven't forgotten anything :p. Oh and bring Wii's/Brawl, we should be fine for TVs (if one of you have component cables we can use the lcd tv as well:p)

True Romance

Smash Ace
ROMAN'S SQUAT ADVENTURE!!!!

Day 1

Flight from perth to sydney was delayed for two hours forcing me to miss my conecting flight to canberra, which was really ****ing annoying. So the airline slapped me up in a hotel for the night. So I met a random chick heading to the hotel bar and got talking to her, ended up staying up to one in the morning drinking with some of her friends who turned out to be some hockey team from adelaide lol.

Got up at 6 to make my morning flight, which then got delayed for another two ****ing hours >: ((( This was not making me happy considering I had a hang over and my eyes for some stupid reason were retardedly sore. Eventually got to canberra. Went and had a morning after curry to ease the pain and then Luke and Silfa picked me and the dude I'm staying with up from the city and the adventure began!!!

Got to Lukes and just played some pretty chilled ffa's before we started to play some doubles. Teams ended up being Luke and I vs Scabe and Silfa. Had a tonne of fun games with silly team combos etc before slowly one on one matchs began to occur.

First I played Silfa, who has a very good donkey kong (which he'd already shown to me fist first quite a few times in dubs >.<). First up he ***** my lolmarth can't remember if he JV two stocked me or straight up two stocked me, but it was obvious I could not **** around lol. Decided I wouldn't be homo and use D3 so I then switched to MK. In the next game I pretty comfortably two stocked him though he had one lame DK has no upity up on his up b death so it in no way reflected on how things would probably go down normally. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to play any more singles games against Silfa, but thanks for the ones we did man :D

Next up I was playing Scabe. The most ridiculusly good Link I've ever played by a long way lol. We had quite a few games with me winning all but one where I SDed twice (seriously feeling very seedy, don't judge me :p) but most were fairly close against my D3 or MK. GGs man your Link is unreal.

Next up me and Luke played about a gazillion games. Initially he was beating me pretty comfortably, but a few games in I started to focus a bit more, even though my eyes were killing me lol. After that we started trading games, and I'm sure he'll atest to the fact we had a lot of really closely fought fun games. Not counting my ******** patch in the begining I was fairly happy at how I did against him considering how hung over, tired and johns johns johns johns I was. Based on what I saw today I'd say we were on a pretty similar level, but the honours would have to go to him this time as he played a bit better then I did when it counted in a few games.

Thanks so much for having me Luke, had a tonne of fun and hope to hit you up for one more smash up before squat, I hope I can be a bit more switched on next time we play lol. Also thanks Silfa and Scabe for being real friendly etc, oh and thanks to random melee guy who came at the end for showing my friend the ropes :)

If any one has any questions for me etc hit me up on msn. See a tonne of you in queensland soon!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Marty's Squatfest
Uralegend!!! I'll be able to pick/drop people off at the station, but if you try to pry me away from a WA match to do that expect an understandable "screw you, wait your turn" reply :p

I take it we'll only be streaming Singles??? You guys had better monopolise that streaming set-up over there :p

Squat Adventure
Indeed, it seems shaping up to be a tale of epic proportions, filled with plot twists and intrigue :p Sounds like the Canberra scene are a bunch of pretty good people, which is really nice to hear xD Good people = good times :p

True Romance

Smash Ace
Uralegend!!! I'll be able to pick/drop people off at the station, but if you try to pry me away from a WA match to do that expect an understandable "screw you, wait your turn" reply :p

I take it we'll only be streaming Singles??? You guys had better monopolise that streaming set-up over there :p

Indeed, it seems shaping up to be a tale of epic proportions, filled with plot twists and intrigue :p Sounds like the Canberra scene are a bunch of pretty good people, which is really nice to hear xD Good people = good times :p
The canberra kids were a really chilled out bunch, was a lot of fun playing with them.

MTGod

Smash Champion
i want to host a tornament at joondie how i do it?
Well, I'd imagine you'd have to try and gauge how many people you'll be able to get - Joondalup rooms from memory cost $250 a day, so you'd want to have a decent amount of people going lest you be stuck either being short on venue fee or having to take money from the competition pots... Once you've figured that out and you reckon you'll have enough people to host one, I imagine you'd just ring up the place you want to hold it at and try and book it for the day you want... Then advertise the tournament on the boards on the Tournament Listings thread :p

Anything I'm forgetting???

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
bleh i need more link practice.
whens the nex tourney? or is everyone ****ing off to squat?
grr.
Next Saturday (aka the 12th) when the guys are at SQUAT a few of the guys are heading to my house to support them and play some Brawl, your more than welcome to come along if you want.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah I'm just lazy lol, I'll do some today

Also gonna go get a job too

EDIT: I've also promised not to upload vids of anyone going to SQUAT, but if there are vids where both players aren't attending squat they will be uploaded

tibs7

Smash Champion
just wondering. the guys that are going to squat. is the place you're staying at in GC or Brisbane? if its GC totally hit us up im down for smash that day =)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I'll be staying at DJ's from wedns - fri night if you're up for some smash tibs_ Hopefully if he gets back to me and hasn't been abducted by aliens then we can have some friendlies you sneaky monkey_ Even though it'll just be full of analising each other heh_ *watching you -_- *

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Sorry Tibs, apart from Bob, the rest of us will be staying in Brisbane. look forward to meeting you tough mate, though I can't say i look forward to playing your Diddy....****ing bananas.

Top Bottom