• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Richard7

Smash Ace
So you're still coming then Richard_?
Yeah. Only said I might not be going because my mum didn't let me take the train by myself, so I thought she'd find going over east a lot worse than that. But its pretty much impossible for me not to go now, unless she doesn't feel guilty about making Travis, Andre and Greheme not go to SQAUT, which I highly doubt. Because if I can still get a refund on the ticket, but so would they, so yeah.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Okay, so on the microphone front - I've located my sister's old karaoke machine from before I was born (or before I can remember at least) that may or may not serve as a double purpose to record commentary as well as broadcast it over the speaker to the tournament-going people... The uncertainty arises due to my lack of knowledge of the technicals :p

Basically, on the back of the speakerbox is one AUX IN and one AUX OUT port (R+L Audio ports for each, though)... Does this mean it's possible to record and broadcast the commentary at the same time??? Also, I haven't checked the sound on it YET, but it has 2 microphone ports (I have one microphone for it as well)... Is this viable to use for tournaments???

(Broadcast being used for I don't know the proper term :p)

Lol...?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah you should be able to Jesse, Aux out - line in, not to sure about the 2 way commentary. If it's no trouble bring it round Sat and we can have a look at it.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hopefully the thing won't explode :p

Commentated matches at Marty's house while we wait for Squat matches!!! Huzzah!!!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
December 12th, Saturday

10am - Melee Doubles Registration
10:30am - Melee Doubles
1:00pm - Brawl Singles Registration
1:30pm - Brawl Singles Pools
6:30pm - Brawl Singles Double Elimination (Those who moved through pools)

December 13th, Sunday

10am - Brawl Doubles Registration
10:30am - Brawl Doubles
1:00pm - Melee Singles Registration
1:30pm - Melee Singles Pools
6:30pm - Melee Singles Double Elimination (Those who moved through pools)
8:30pm - Time for Crews[?]
Pwn3d Jupz

MTGod

Smash Champion
So Marty, what time should we be around at your place??? 1pm GC time is 10am our time :p

(BTW, just checked to see if the mic actually works, and not only did it not explode, it actually enhanced the sound I was emitting into the microphone!!! Step one, success!!!)

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Next Saturday (aka the 12th) when the guys are at SQUAT a few of the guys are heading to my house to support them and play some Brawl, your more than welcome to come along if you want.
oh cool. i dont think im doing anything on the 12th.
if you post up details or PM the address ill try to come.

Vlade

Social Outcast
So Marty, what time should we be around at your place??? 1pm GC time is 10am our time :p

(BTW, just checked to see if the mic actually works, and not only did it not explode, it actually enhanced the sound I was emitting into the microphone!!! Step one, success!!!)
As far as I'm aware, Queensland does not have daylight savings which means they're 2 hours in front

Anyone up for smash today?

I'M ****ING DESPERATE HERE

MTGod

Smash Champion
As far as I'm aware, Queensland does not have daylight savings which means they're 2 hours in front
****, I think you're right... Daylight Savings is stupid =.=

No smash for me today - I got work :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
There's a town on the border of Queensland and New South Wales, so one half of it has to have DST, the other doesn't. Thus, one half is an hour ahead of the other. Tough **** if you live in one half and work in the other. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's true, I used to live at Tweed Heads.

Somehow I never found myself in a confusing predicament though.
Getting both NSW and QLD television at the same time lead to ultimate distribution of watching though.
Fudge all the fudgers who make all the good stuff start at 8/9:30

Watch one at 7:30, then BAM.

I believe they actually changed being able to do that though by lawwwwww. :laugh: (i.e. they delayed the broadcast of all opposing channels by an hour, so all you'd get different is news :|)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, it was great, as without it one would have had to deal with the boredom of crappy soapees (Neighbours/The other one).

6pm - Simpsons Repeat
6:30 - UGHHH
7pm - NORMALLY UGHH BUT REWATCH The SAME EPISODE OF THE SIMPSONS.

Only half an hour wasted...
God **** life before the internet.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Okay so I need to work out how many people are coming so far we have
-Vlade
-Jesse
-Pete
-Tails + his friend.

Who else, I need to work out how many tvs I need to bring out, oh and if people can bring TVs.

And my address is
29 Roscommon Crescent, Orelia.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I'm gonna be there. I have a super cool, laser awesome Disney movie marathon night that night.
/sacrasm
Course I'm coming

Trillest

Smash Ace
yo vlade man if u want some friendlies i am up for some games unfortunately cant play online as w/l 512 net sucks giant donkey kong size genitals but i can cruise to your house after/b4 work if ya want i too will be without training partner due to squat and proxy leaving :(

Vlade

Social Outcast
Obviously I completely agree with you views about wifi, hence I do not play it

We have Andre's smashfest tomorrow, but yeah I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out

True Romance

Smash Ace
Roman's Squat Adventure!!!

Day 3

Despite the agony of sorting out the final details of our travels to Squat the adventure is still going well.

Luke picked me up today for another smash up at his place. Played much much better today, with Luke and I going even for the most part, I also avoided ******** patches completely :D So had about a million really tight games with Luke and had a tonne of fun, once again thanks for your help and hospitality man :) Knowing I can hold my own against some one who came 7th at Rocky makes me believe I can easy achieve my initial squat goal (getting out of pools) with some hope of maybe doing a bit better. Also played Scabe again today, who's a really cool dude with a silly good Link.

It's a shame that none of the Canberra guys I've played will be going to Squat, as they're all pretty chill dudes and good smashers. No doubt I'll be round again after Squat for some more smash :D Off to Sydney tomorrow, the travel arrangements from sydney to brisbane is really really tight for my travel mate and I but hopefully we'll get **** sorted. Once Squat is over will be heading down to Proxy's and living it up :D

If any one wants to chat hit me up on msn!!!

Top Bottom