• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo connection Tour 09 is at Carousel, 4 & 6 July. 99% Pokemon related I'd wager since they're giving out stuff for the poke Platinum game.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I could say about 50 things about that last post. 49 of them being offensive.

Still how many pokemon themed connection tours do they need :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I agree totally, but what big Nintendo game is anywhere near being released? None :(

also, lol at Red Steel. That game sucked. Was amazed too at how so many of the Japanese Yakuza have perfect American accents.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lets hope red steel 2 is decent i don't think it will. The wii motion plus will make it cool then it will just be crappy after woulds.

I might go to the pokemon connection tour even though i don't like pokemon anymore i might score some free stuff there then sell it and buy other games with lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Was that the one that had 16 player online which got removed from the PAL version and didn't mention it until after it'd be launched? Stupid EA

Muzga

Smash Ace
I can dig another pokemon connection tour. If they have one, i hope to god that they ban wobbuffet this time. Lvl 50 standard cup rules was okay... god, i need to get a copy of platinum. theyll probably force us to use DSI's in the tournament which means no r4.
i mean sorry.. what? I dont use an r4! whats an r4?
But i think it would be the perfect chance for us to have a few pokemon mm's with a few different people vlade. Im really looking forward to this tour.

Muzga

Smash Ace
well yeah but youd be at a bit of a disadvantage. some pokemon have better movesets in platinum and are thus more viable. it kinda limits you a bit to stick to D/P imo

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
You know whats nooby_? Purposely mispelling words in a vein attempt to appear cool, hip or bangin'_ Things such as liek and even mispelling suck (such?) make you look more and more like a complete moron, which is not far from my initial impression of you_

I try to stay away from the whole pokemon thing to avoid the addiction, and the stupid cute new pokemon /faceplam_ Anyone read about the new gladiator game being made for the wii by developers high voltage of 'the conduit' fame_? Its up on IGN and it looks and sounds impressive_

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Commitment, thats like..Hard :p

I'll stick to my laid back breast cannibalizing life style.

Edit: Just read it then, and for once there's a Wii game I'm looking forward to, let's hope it doesn't let down *sigh*

Richard7

Smash Ace
Yeah Robert (my brother) was telling me about it. Looks sort of interesting. It uses Wii Motion Plus, yay! :) Lets hope its done well.

Rob also said they've got their own "suggestions email" where you can send emails in, smart of them to do that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
well yeah but youd be at a bit of a disadvantage. some pokemon have better movesets in platinum and are thus more viable. it kinda limits you a bit to stick to D/P imo
He could just make/train the platinum pokemon on his flashcard then just trade them over to d/p.

Not really interested in pay $70 for a game I wont play for more then a few weeks though :p
EB's got the 7 days no questions asked return policy if that makes any difference :3

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Wait so Mic you're suggesting, I raise pokemon on my R4, buy Platinum, trade to that, do tour, return game?
If so...I love you for that :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Wow Mic never thought of that...

But i have no chance of winning so i might as well go there and score a free sealed platinum then sell it. Since in the other connection tours people who didn't enter they would ask them questions and give them the game for free.

I might even get a DSi for free too. So any of you guys going there?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm going, always a fan of Ninty stuff, might get lucky and get picked for one of the quiz's. Think the last one I got a NSMB Thermos-cup

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
So guise.
When's the next tournament?? :D
I'm eager to show off my Sheik skills.
Make it like next month because I have exams the next 2 weeks.

Btw, America was good. 'nuf said. Lol. Didn't get to play Ninjalink.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Glad you had fun in America, looking forward to seeing you next tourney..

Still I think I'll go, freebies are fun, and Mic that's the last thing I won there as well, oh along with an animal crossing DS guide lol. Go me :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hahaha, those Prima guides are always a good laugh.

Though I do want to get ahold of the BRawl one simply as a collecters item (and that smashboards is mentioned in it)

Wonder if they'll be doing anything with the TCG? Find my old deck and kick the ***** of some kiddies with Dark Steelix >: D

Muzga

Smash Ace
I cant wait to hit up the colouring competition.
Beat the **** out of all the 5 year olds!
Get a photo with the guy in the giant pikachu costume,
Throw away all of my self respect in that trivia section
"If you want this free game, you must BOW to pikachu. Hail pikachu!"

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Hahaha, those Prima guides are always a good laugh.

Though I do want to get ahold of the BRawl one simply as a collecters item (and that smashboards is mentioned in it)

Wonder if they'll be doing anything with the TCG? Find my old deck and kick the ***** of some kiddies with Dark Steelix >: D
those guides are pretty lol, I'm pretty sure it was the prima one for brawl that had metaknight as like 2nd worst in game.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Hmm this "connection tour" intrigues me if for no other reason to beat the crap out of little kids who have hyper beam on every poke and to get freebees. But I'd need someone to use their r4 to make me a team and have to buy platinum or steal one of my mates copy if they have it. The smash community should all go and tear it up. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Bowser, sounds like you haven't been to a pokemon connection tour before! Allow Penny-arcade to give you a brief rundown on the types of people there.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Prima guide gave metaknight a 6/10 and Marth a 9.5/10 or something stupid XD.

As for hacking a team. I was kinda planning to do that, where the hecks my DS ^_^

Top Bottom