• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I would have steam if I had money. I envy you.
You can download Steam for free and get a bunch of free demos and such. Downloaded the Freedom Force demo's the other day, thinking of snagging it. 6.50 for 2 awesome superhero games? woot!

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Yer u just gota buy the games. Its got loads anyways and they are often cheaper than in stores.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Often? More like always, I remember about a month ago they had l4d there for $30.. Just shame I didnt/still dont have a credit card or pay pal :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just looking at the files given in hackmii. From memory Twilight hack/bannerbomb only loads a boot.dol/boot.elf from the root of the SD card. Try renaming the installer.elf file to boot.elf
Thanks Marteh_ That was much more helpful than tcanters sarcastic 'help'_ Obviously i've been on the relevant sites if im downloading hackmii etc, so i wouldn't be asking this question if i properly understood the answer_ :chuckle: (smiley courtesy of Babbs)

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
@Vlade: It depends on what game you want. If u want the free demo's or like car racing games or something itll be fairly small but if u want something like tf2, css or l4d its around 3-6g im not sure about l4d.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey guys,
From your last tournament results I have:

1 corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2 Richard7 (Wario, Kirby)
3 Vlade (Falco, Ice Climbers)
4 Alzi (Toon Link)
5 Jono (Marth)
5 -
7 -
7 -

Alzi vsed Jono before Vlade, knocking Jono out in the Loser's Bracket.
Jono, who did you fight before Alzi in the Loser's Bracket?
Vlade also vsed someone before Alzi, but he forgot. Who was knocked out by Vlade in the loser's bracket, and who was the person [you] played before Vlade?

Thanks.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I had a 2 match bye before vsing alan but im pretty sure i vsed Sam in the winners and got knocked into the losers to vs alzi .Vlade got knocked out by Ric in winners i think and then vsed alzi. If thats not it idk what is.

Alzi

Smash Master
To be honest the only people who can have a chance at beating vlade are corps and Richard. xD

Wait why do you want to know the results Shaya has that ladder thing gone up or that point system? *goes and checks*

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Shaya_ Im pretty sure Vlade vsed EADP before Alzi_ 7th was Chewe, Glenn, Bringer (?)_ Hope this helps out more_

Also Shaya_ What system (if any) would you use to arrange rankings associated with tournaments_? Im just intending to make a W.A raning list but unsure of the best way to assign points and rank_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Vlade: It depends on what game you want. If u want the free demo's or like car racing games or something itll be fairly small but if u want something like tf2, css or l4d its around 3-6g im not sure about l4d.
Keep in mind however that things like HalfLife, Team Fortess, CS, L4D share files such as game engines and so on, so while downloading one might be 4g or something the rest wouldn't be as large.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh i see what Shaya is doing. That's a good idea gives us an idea of how many people use each character and what they place with that character here in Australia.

Bob is right vlade vsed EADP then EADP lost and went to vs Corps then lost to Corps. I can tell you guys everyone i vsed if you want me too.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Corps never went into the losers bracket (to my knowledge) so I dont see how that happens lol. In an attempt to resolve this issue why not ask Vlade? Cos i dont think he was in the losers bracket he just got knocked down there from Ric in the winners and vsed the winner out of me and alan.

Alzi

Smash Master
Wait sorry i got it wrong jono. EADP vs'ed Corps in the winners brackets then lost and went to vs Vlade and got knocked out.

I think thats how it went. But i do remeber EADP vsing corps and vlade during the tourney.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
EADP got knocked into the losers bracket by corps_ He vsed Chewe first and then was knocked out of the losers bracket by Vlade_

Its a shame to hear about you unable to host let alone compete for a while Vlade_ If people need killing jus sms me with the 'safety word'_ I start my course in July so hopefully then i should have better access to a viable tournament location, until then i may consider hosting a 'final hurrah' tournament just to keep the scene rolling along_

Mic is right about steam_ Its really worthwhile and even beter when the u.s dollar is in a shoddy state_ Once i get my new laptop i too will become part of the steam team *tears of joy*_

Jus got hold of 'no more heroes'_ So freakin' awsome_

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, so from what I can gather, EADP got 5th, losing to Vlade in Loser's.

How bracket's work though, is that VLADE WAS FORCED to vs someone in loser's bracket before vsing Alzi. So I presume that person was EADP.

Now the remaining questions are:
Who did EADP use? (I haven't seen the name before?)
Who did EADP fight IN THE LOSERS BRACKET before Vlade [this person came 7th]
Who did Jono fight IN THE LOSERS BRACKET before Alzi [this person also came 7th]
Brsk says Chewe, Glenn and or Bringer were 7th. But only two people could be 7th ~_~

Remember that I also need to know what characters these people used as well. Thank you.

And brsk, I use a program I created that reads in text files in a set format, where it calculates a 'base' from the amount of entrants and entry fee, and then takes the top 8 placements and allocates points to characters based on the top 8s usages. (Where first gets 10 points, second 7, 3rd/4th 4, 5/6th 2 and 7/8th 1 [this is multiplied by the base].

Whilst I have no motive or reason to stop you from doing one similar, the amount of data W.A. in itself could collect would have a reasonably blique list (unless there were some structural changes to the way you did things, like maybe all results (i.e. in a 19 man tournament, all 19 people gain character points).

Richard7

Smash Ace
Mic is right about steam_ Its really worthwhile and even beter when the u.s dollar is in a shoddy state_ Once i get my new laptop i too will become part of the steam team *tears of joy*_
Oh don't worry, once I get my computer I'll be in the steam team, I plan to play TF2/L4D/CoD4/any other FPS heaps. Can't wait, it could be soon too, I might be getting a job soon. :)

Alzi

Smash Master
EADP uses Pit, snake and lucas. I have his msn so i will get that information from him Shaya.

Aww if Vlade doesn't host any tourneys then that means i will never see a tourney again :(.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Bad news - it is impossible for me to host another tournament, let alone perhaps even go to a tournament for a while.

Don't ask why.
I won't bug you about it, but I do hope that whatever it is isn't serious :(

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
**** that sucks Vlade, still as long as you can go to tourney's after whatever this is, is over. All will be good

In other news I just saw Microsoft's E3 and I must say

HOLY ****************************************** That looks awesome

Richard7

Smash Ace
All I can say is Microsoft have the eye of the tiger. Nintendo and Sony haven't had their conferences yet, but I'm not expecting much from Nintendo, sort of expecting something from Sony. I can't be bothered explaining anything because its 3:45 am.

Nintendo had the eye of the tiger long ago, back in the N64 days, but they've lost it. Microsoft own! The rest of you will know what I'm talking about in the coming days.

Jupz

Smash Master
:( That sucks vlade :(

I would try my best to be at Bobs next tourney but no guarentees with exams coming up :( alzi try your best to make it down to bobs :(

Alzi

Smash Master
:( That sucks vlade :(

I would try my best to be at Bobs next tourney but no guarentees with exams coming up :( alzi try your best to make it down to bobs :(
I'll try if Bob holds one in the holidays i can probally come seeing as it's on the holidays.

It does suck that vlade can't host or come to any tourneys. Best of luck what ever it is.

Also Richard you were right nintendo had the word **** all over it back with it's old systems.

Muzga

Smash Ace
yeah. always up for laser tag
Tuart exams were awesome! you dont realise how easy year 12 actually is until you repeat it because of ridiculous circumstances.
anywho,
how was everyone elses exams?

Top Bottom