• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I aim to please_

Trav i usually bring a spare couple of controllers for anyone who needs them_ Ill be sure to bring a wiimote and nunchuck also incase you need it_

Vlade_ What time is this tournament actually kicking off and what time should we be expected to arrive_ Still waiting on confirmation as to whether or not you need me arriving earlier_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm still bringing my Wii.

As for the discussion, I don't think it's too bad, though if you guys are worried about drowning smash discussion (or lack thereof ;)) just make a thread in the social room. I'm pretty sure we're all mature enough not to throw around insults (I'm a mod though, so I'm exempt. Hey Bowser! You smell like a giant turtle that's been beaten up by a plumber!)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Plumber my overly-sized turtle ***, when was the last time he plumbed anything! I mean theres bloody plants in the pipes he's obviously not doing his job. I tell you what I'm writing his union I bet they'd like to know he's doing mushrooms.

Alzi

Smash Master
I guess so...

I'll be there at about 12:50 since last time i went i walked through the doors and there was already 15 people there just watching who comes through the doors.

I'm going to try and get in some offline practice today by myself.

Vlade

Social Outcast
No.

Come at about 12:45 if you want to be early. If you want to come any earlier than that, you're just wasting your time. And to me, there aren't many things that more valuable on time /wishes there were 30 hours in a day.

I just need a confirmation of wiis and TV's, since I've been really lazy in updating the list.

So far I have:

Vlade - 2 TVs, recording equipment
Muzga - 1 TV
EADP - 1 TV
Mic - 1 Wii
Bob - 1 Wii
Alex - 1 Wii + 1 TV (kudos man)

If Niv is coming, I'd like to know if he'll bring a TV + Wii (with BRAWL! :p)
Let me know if I've forgotten that you can bring a wii/TV or both.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I wont be able to bring a tv since Im train/bussing it the whole way. But I'll have my copy of brawl (which takes 35543 attempts to load) and a spare couple of controllers in case.
I'll still have my stuff to set up homebrew for anyone who desires so.
I can bring my Wii in case something happens but I wont take it unless told to.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Atm I would actually like you to bring the wii if it isn't too much trouble for you Marteh.

I'm sorry I can't offer lifts from the station or anything, simply because I am not of age to drive yet :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Oh don't worry I've had my L's for ages, just been lazy ^_^, I think I'm doing people a favour by not driving.

Edit: Vlade I'll try to make it there about 12:45 to assist with preperation, heck got nothing better to do.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Does anyone know what the weather's supposed to be like tomorrow? With how it's been recently I might need to bring a jacket (although I refuse to wear anything other than thongs no matter what weather)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Thanks man :) I'd be happy walking away with anywhere from 3rd-5th considering I know Ric and Sam are above me in skill level and whilst I haven't played Vlade's Falco I know he's a beast. I'll be there at 12:45 too I'm happy to help set-up besides I've got nothing better to do.

SO it's $5 entry and $5 for singles yeah?

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ That's right, although there is a slight possibility that we might need to increase the entry fee since there won't be as many people as last time.

If possible, we need one more wii so we can have a grand total of setups (not taking into account whether niven is coming).

We have 4 wiis being provided by Mic, Alex (+TV), Bob and Marty. One more please :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Just a few more hours until the tourney. I'll have to run from the drop off to Arena's entry if it's raining and i am bringing my Orange gamecube controller since my black one broke :( R.I.P black gamecube controller we had some good memories xD.

Also good luck to everyone.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
What? Sam's tired, quickly people... CAPITALIZE.
What is it with people being tired, is it a new trend I haven't caught onto yet?

Oh and a few fours to go, blah I gotta leave in just under an hour.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
nice hosting vlade. i came in the group of 8ths again... doubles was fun. best thing.

this is prob my last tourney.

but anyways: gratz sam and ric, and vlade for beating me again... and vlade for hosting.
nice IC vlade.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Haha thanks for coming guys, it was really rewarding to run a successful tournament, despite turning up late as the host XD

Thanks to those who brought TVs and wiis, the tournament wouldn't have been able to function without them. Thanks to bob and bringer who were there early to get things started in my absence.

Best team name: Team Boob Chunk. No question :p

I'll try to get results up, but tio kinda bugged up so I can't guarantee I'll have them up anytime soon.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi guys,

It was fun to catch up with you all. Thanks for hosting the tournament Vlade (and helpers). It was fun!

Looks like I need to either -

- Brush up on my skills
- or bring Melee to the next tournament.

^_^ See you guys next time.

Alzi

Smash Master
Thanks vlade for hosting and Bob and all the others who set things up when vlade came late.

There is nothing better to do then play brawl on a rainy windy day. Also sam your toon link his mind games were so good i coudn't even see them coming because the sound of your AEWSOME TRAIN.

Trains are good. Fast and you get hit hard too by them.

Jupz

Smash Master
Sam won? Thats ok trav I know you'll do better next time :p I got pwned last time at vlades as well by Jonos falco :p

I missed meeting musgrave :p

Nice work fire truck. But please come to the next tourney. I want to rematch you :)

I cant wait to see results!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Another great tournament despite me failing in both singles and doubles (Sorry Trav).
Still thanks to Vlade for hosting, Bob/...(Oh god I can't remember you're name ,sorry) for the lift. And setting up. Andre for now paying my next entrance fee. And everyone who made it entertaining.
Least I finally got to use the double dolphin blade I've so long wished to use, oh and please next time I bring my Wii, someone bring their copy of brawl, which isn't just a case (Andre), so I dont go through that torture again.
And now to go drink myself stupid.

Top Bottom