• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Remember Buff, I'm going solo Bowser from here on out.

Besides Cal goes to the bowser boards, we tell people there to not play bowser enough.
Some may call it reverse psychology. By telling anyone who visits to not play Bowser, we actually recruit more people then telling them to play the big lug. I think that makes sense.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Luckily I don't have to look at myself everyday.

Sucks. To. Be. You guys. :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
Trav said before though that they're looking for mid next year; as long as you book 3+ months in advance you should get a decent price on airfares :p

Hopefully a date will be confirmed before the end of this year :D

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
East Coast to Perth = $358, heads up
That's irrelevant considering we had to pay roughly that much to get to Melbourne and Queensland_ Sorry if this comes off rude but last year people complained about our dates etc and then we seemed to have decided on a date in Jan 2011 sometime and then people complained again_ I understand the whole catering to the East to get some rep thing but seriously people will complain regardless wether it be the date or flights and you don't see us kicking up a fuss about it when we attended SQUAT and Robocop_

You guys had a rough date estimated and even if we gave you 3 months notice i'm sure people would still whine_ Either way June is fine by me but i'll be waiting for people to complain about it closer to the date as usual_

MTGod

Smash Champion
I didn't see anyone complaining from either coast, Bob?

Anyway, onto a more current topic - Smashfest tomorrow yo! We need Wii's and Brawl's, or it will be a dull cookie. Also, I'll be running some gimmickey tournaments so make sure to bring a controller :D

People can stay over, but I have work at 11am on Monday so I'll be kicking people out at about 1030am.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I didn't see anyone complaining from either coast, Bob?

Anyway, onto a more current topic - Smashfest tomorrow yo! We need Wii's and Brawl's, or it will be a dull cookie. Also, I'll be running some gimmickey tournaments so make sure to bring a controller :D

People can stay over, but I have work at 11am on Monday so I'll be kicking people out at about 1030am.
If it's a night thing as well I may pop by after work considering I finish at 5

swordsaint

Smash Master
BSRK.

You give us a time frame. Not an exact tournament date. Look at Cao and Vyse's majors. They have a date set in stone several months before the tournament. It's easier for everyone like that.

A timeframe isn't good enough when we're expected to book flights for a specific weekend. People complain because you give us a timeframe, we're ok with it, things die down and we don't hear about it again for a few months, then it's only a few months until the expected date. Basically, sort out an exact date for June/July (I think you said) and then no one can complain again since it's been set in stone for a very long time.

The fact you could change the dates again to cater is a good thing for us, thank you, but it also shows that things weren't fully organised yet and an exact date was still to be decided.

@Cao, I saw flights with Virgin for $350. Could probably get it down to about $315 with Jetstars price match stuff. That's in July I think. closer to the date there'd probably be a few specials as well, and there's probably some cheap way to go from sydney > melbourne > perth. =P

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I dont like this bsrk guy, his posts really annoy me. >_>

Anyway I was hearing rumors about perth having a tournament around june or julyish. I wouldn't mind heading over there if I got spare money by then =). (I'll be living in sydney around december to jan) But once theres a thread about the major, I'll try to pop in. Does tiger do flights to sydney>Perth? They'd seem like the cheapest option.

The perth people ive met sofar, (mainly jesse marteh and hater) are pretty awesome people, so I think I'd be worth coming down =p.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I dont like this bsrk guy, his posts really annoy me. >_>

Anyway I was hearing rumors about perth having a tournament around june or julyish. I wouldn't mind heading over there if I got spare money by then =). (I'll be living in sydney around december to jan) But once theres a thread about the major, I'll try to pop in. Does tiger do flights to sydney>Perth? They'd seem like the cheapest option.

The perth people ive met sofar, (mainly jesse marteh and hater) are pretty awesome people, so I think I'd be worth coming down =p.
they dont.

MTGod

Smash Champion
@Marty: try and get off work early and head round - either way I'm fine with people staying til late but I don't know if people actually are lol... Also, I misread before - I actually have to kick people out at 9:30am :(

@Rick: Wicked sick bru

@East: yaaaaaaay ^^

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
speaking of june/july
thats about when ill be planning to launch my EP
Title pending

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Someone's gotta be the ******* Leish and besides i'm more like a big stuffed toy irl_ Just covered in blood and with knives for hands_

Scoot i'm not organising the Perth major so i know about as much as you guys but i would like some answers before it becomes a 'oh let's do it next year' like the last time we were going to do a major_ I wanted to get more involved but uni chews my balls atm_ If i were working a 'normal' job that gave me time to co-ordinate i would of taken more of a role like CAO has been to the Melb community_

Either way you'll probably catch me filming at the Perth major next year_

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I read somewhere Bsrk is real legit at video production, or did I just make that up?

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Can i suggest Back in you hole ?
nope
i only take suggestions from cool people
and even then its my album so unless its a really good title i wouldnt take suggestions from those cool people

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
yeah its kinda hard to explain or come up with something when i dont even know how half of this thing is gonna sound.
cool idea though

MTGod

Smash Champion
"Justice" (Get it? Because your name's Fuzz, which is also an idiomatic expression for Police, who then bring Justice... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
i sincerely hope this message is long enough to make the last post all caps, if not i will be sincerely disappointed

Edit: sweet

MTGod

Smash Champion
The Internet is truly magical. Back on topic, rang warren today but he was busy, left a message so just waiting on the call back.

MTGod

Smash Champion
when Rick rings me to say he is at Bull Creek

Anyway, back on topic coz this is kinda important: 17th is booked, next available date is the 24th. I'd like some feedback on this please, as I want to book it tomorrow if possible.

Top Bottom