• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

tibs7

Smash Champion
I don't know bout you guys normally, but I can't hear anything when I'm asleep, I normally he to be awake to hear stuff, scoot is amazing if he hears things when he is sleeping.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, but it's like no sheeeet you heard it when you were awake since you have to be awake. You posted it as if there was another way to hear it other than being awake..

Sigh gym time.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I think what Scoot meant was, it wasn't loud enough to wake him up. You do hear things when your sleeping, but you just don't react to them consciously (unless it's a loud noise, in which case your subconscious forces a reaction on a conscious level which wakes you up....... like when Scoot screamed when I dropped the bottle on his head XD)

You're both right, I guess :p?

Either way, I'm pretty certain that my snoring was completely overshadowed by the doof doof doof doof doof doof doof doof doof doof doof.

Hater

Smash Ace
being the only person awake the doof doof ended at 3 (as i said to you guys) your n martehs tag team then took over :p

Unless i preplanned smth for this weekend that i dont remember i will be there ^^ with tv + wii

swordsaint

Smash Master
nah
i heard it the next night jesse after buff mentioned it

i was already awake though when you started snoring like a little girl. it wasnt bad at all, not like EA's. but like, i fell asleep while you were snoring, so it definitely was nothing bad.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I also herd you guise were watching anime in your room? why wasnt i invited? :(

Speaking of sleep hearing, i caught this bus from the airport and while i was sleeping, i had this dream where i was on the plane and i like.... randomly flew and died then this guy sitting next to me sneezed and i screamed.
Everyone was like.....

The End

MTGod

Smash Champion
Beh, it didn't affect me negatively so I don't really care :p

Lol@toki's story :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just thinking of something to do in the future, but would anyone here be interested in going Go-Karting?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Go Karting is fun, but hell expensive. I'm not sure you'd pull much of a crowd.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh hai Perth.

So who here played any matches against me at RC? I'm terrible with names... >.<

I know I played Corpse and Ric. Legit, the both of yas.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I played you a fair few times in friendlies Vermy, me, you and Rad. I was the Lucas/Diddy.

By the wway, it seems like people are thinking about heading to QLD for Summersmash 2011 - I'm not sure how close you guys are to confirming a date but just letting you know you should try and get the date published before Vyse decides on a Summersmash date, or talk to Vyse directly before he plans anything.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
It's been pretty well established Jan 2011 is ours, and Vyse is a cool dude and don't think he'd dog us by holding one around that time, regardless I'll have a talk too him and make sure.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Regardless that'll probably be when it is held anyway, hopefully we see you and other easterners there but if it come down to it and none of you guys can can show up we're sure it'll be a huge success anyway.

It's really more about Perth for us when it comes down to it, we've tried to cater to out of state attendance a bit but when it comes down to it this a PERTH fighting game tournament. That's a large reason why the name was changed from Eastern Invasion 3.

EDIT:Reading it back I don't mean it in a "**** the east, we don't need you" kind of way if it comes off like that.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Tbh I've been feeling the same as Scoot on the topic, but then the date has been announced for a good 3 months already so people who intend on coming should know and be saving <3
(alas jei can't D: )

Ps Trav's a prick who thinks Perth is superior to everywhere, have at him my Eastern Brethren!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Scoot is correct. If you're trying to create a tournament for Perth, all you're going to get is Perthians. If you really try your best to cater towards an interstate audience, you need to be engaging with them a lot more openly. I think it's fair to say tournament details haven't been communicated to the rest of the country very well. Considering the cost, a 3-month minumum announcement is required, and also held on an off-peak flying season.

I believe the EI3 dates fall somewhere in early Jan -- time to research flight costs.

Hater

Smash Ace
<3<3<3<3 I will personally harass every1 to find housing for easterners if you come and take you to our finest restaurants i.e. maccas ^^

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You guys are better positioned to put down a date in stone sooner than I am.

I am considering the prospect of running a major without the help of LanSmash. As much as LanSmash helps me, the venue is just so far away from everything.

: /

If this ends up being the case, I'll push the dates forward in March or something.
Either way, I may end up going back on my word for attending EI3. Just changing circumstances for me mean I have to re-evaluate a few things.

:(

EDIT: Most importantly, I'll work around you guys. It's hard enough getting people to fly to something on our coast, let alone yours.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
So yea I'm lazy to check posts from previous pages :p When's the next Perth Major? Haven't been to Perth before. Also Hobobloke, I'll ask for some Bowser advice later cause I need to practise some winnable match ups.

Top Bottom