• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
If the next tourney is to be held on a Sunday in July then the potential dates are:

July 4th
July 11th
July 18th
July 25th

The latest date is obviously the 25th and thats 4 weeks away from today, if a tournament is to be planned it should be done soon since anything under 4 weeks is starting to push it in terms of early notice.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Imo July 11th and 25th are the best bets.
Anigames and RFlan is next weekend, too much contest.

As for supanova, was good fun, thanks goes to Andeh, Pete, Alister, Buff and Ric, while epic thanks goes to Trav Jesse and Mic for pulling this together and being there day 2 which was hectic.

Over 110 people entered the second day, and many more for the first, I'm sure we have over 200 people in tournaments and hundreds more play friendlies.

A full write up will be on AuSmash soon hopefully.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I won't be around on the 18th, going down south for a few days, but you guys can use my wii/new-tv-i-found-on-the-roadside.

The last couple of days was simply epic, major thanks to everyone who helped out in whatever capacity (controllers, consoles, housing, tournament assistance, prizes, ect)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Jesse I'm completly beat so gone to bed. If you're not able to be home tomorow that I can swing by and pick up my phone, can you hide it somewhere outside (ie, mailbox) that I can just pick it up from?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Imo July 11th and 25th are the best bets.
Anigames and RFlan is next weekend, too much contest.

As for supanova, was good fun, thanks goes to Andeh, Pete, Alister, Buff and Ric, while epic thanks goes to Trav Jesse and Mic for pulling this together and being there day 2 which was hectic.

Over 110 people entered the second day, and many more for the first, I'm sure we have over 200 people in tournaments and hundreds more play friendlies.

A full write up will be on AuSmash soon hopefully.
I was there for a good portion of day 2. :(

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yo Mic, Sorry I only just posted today - you can come around at any time today... I'll make sure to stay home until you come round...

EDIT:

A venue should be getting booked soon... Really though, July is going to possibly be massive in terms of tournaments, not only because of OoS'ers and the SF4 community joining in, but after all this advertising we're bound to get new members... If even a quarter of the people that I talked to at Supanova were being sincere with their enthusiasm, we should easily get above 10 new people (NOT counting the new guys that have attended previously like Niall's friend, darty, soulphyr etc.)...

Pretty excited as there were a lot of pretty good mid-low tier mains there (as in they could recover decently and weren't killing themselves)... There was an awesome Lucas main there who's only major flaw was that he never used PKF (pretty major flaw for a Lucas main :p) but he was doing autocancelled SH nairs into jabs and trying to PKT gimp players and **** which was really impressive - will be interested to see how he plays if he takes a look at the Lucas boards xD

Championship Finals results:
Kareem (Kirby mainly, but used various)
THE MASTER!!!!! (Wolf)
Chris (MK - he'd been to one tournament before)
-the rest I can't remember exactly-
Tim (Link)
Matty (Falco/Ike)
Travis (???)
Prodigy2.0 (Kareem's other brother) (Marth/Pit)
Brendan (Kirby)
Danielle (Lucario)

Technodeath

Smash Champion
A venue should be getting booked soon... Really though, July is going to possibly be massive in terms of tournaments, not only because of OoS'ers and the SF4 community joining in, but after all this advertising we're bound to get new members... If even a quarter of the people that I talked to at Supanova were being sincere with their enthusiasm, we should easily get above 10 new people (NOT counting the new guys that have attended previously like Niall's friend, darty, soulphyr etc.)...

Pretty excited as there were a lot of pretty good mid-low tier mains there (as in they could recover decently and weren't killing themselves)... There was an awesome Lucas main there who's only major flaw was that he never used PKF (pretty major flaw for a Lucas main :p) but he was doing autocancelled SH nairs into jabs and trying to PKT gimp players and **** which was really impressive - will be interested to see how he plays if he takes a look at the Lucas boards xD
Hopefully, if things all go good, we'll also have Amy joining the scene :D
Just got to get down there, and let her play around with the characters to see who she likes.
And then have a training montage. Haha.

Anyway, Supanova looked like it'll be a huge success for our scene.
I cant wait to see more newcomers :)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Techno i meant location wise_!! Hah_ Good to see Supanova worked out so well for the scene_ I've had a few people hit me up about email adds so be sure to use the mailing list for future tournaments_

I'll be free late this week and most of next week if anyone wants to meet up for a smash gathering or something_ Let me know dates which are good for people and i might have a few people (southies and Andeh 1st) over during the day_

Just to clarify_ Jesse is the only person to post tournament results in the tournament listings thread_ If anyone wants past tournament results to be added, please PM me the entire result list, tournament date/name_ I'll be updating the list later this week_

Sigh @more Pika_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Good to hear people are finding the boards :D I'll post out an e-mail as soon as the next tournament is finalised...

@Bob - the last e-mail I sent out (about OID2) to the mailing list came back with a few bouncers... Next time I send it one out I'll let you know who they are so we can remove them from the list (no point in having people's e-mails on there if they don't exist/work anymore :p)... Also, should we keep the people that moved interstate on there???

MTGod

Smash Champion
Regardless, we be organising a meet to follow Andy's trail to victory on the 4th July :D Don't know where or what we'll be doing, but let's hope it involves something fun!!

tibs7

Smash Champion
So a non-smasher won the smash event at supernova? ???

Ps. Andy rep diddy well at Qld son.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sif you're not going Tibs, I was looking forward for a Diddy ditto in the finals :p
You gotta give me some tips against Ted and Shaya before I leave.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Oh man I cant wait to do that coloring. I'm getting out my crayons right now.
Great now another thing Sam can be better than everyone at_ You've done it now Techno_ Next tournament Sam will come in with his 'entourage' boasting about his latest art exhibition he is holding and how much they are selling for_

Where will it end_

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
pretty sure shaya wont be there so you dont have to worry about him, but ted knows the diddy matchup really really well, your gonna need all the advice you can get to beat him (which you probably wont cause he's the ****)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Great now another thing Sam can be better than everyone at_ You've done it now Techno_ Next tournament Sam will come in with his 'entourage' boasting about his latest art exhibition he is holding and how much they are selling for_

Where will it end_
$50,000,000 paintings here I come!

Richard7

Smash Ace
Yeah had a decent time at Supernova, sorry I didn't contribute much, I did at least yell out for one group to come! :) Btw guys next time there's a non smash related get together, let me know, I heard you guys did a city run with Kane before he left, I didn't know about it. :(

OMG just realised you can disable mobile version of smash boards!

MTGod

Smash Champion
WTF Andy!!?!?!? You ain't gonna win Tempest by going to school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!!!!!!!!!

MTGod

Smash Champion
****!!! Now I TOO need to practice!!!!!!!

Sunday - smashfest!!! can have 6 people, but needs TVs!!!

Top Bottom