• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Pete278

Smash Lord
That was the ultimatum he was given, not his decision. Either the spam is knocked off or all the threads are deemed spam. Did you read the argument earlier, or do you just make up Mic's posts in your head and assume he's being an idiot?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Does anyone coming to the quiz on friday have a spare controller we can borrow for supanova? It's lookin like we'll be one short otherwise. :urg:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
That was the ultimatum he was given, not his decision. Either the spam is knocked off or all the threads are deemed spam. Did you read the argument earlier, or do you just make up Mic's posts in your head and assume he's being an idiot?
to be fair, mic has quite a history, so if I assume he's being an idiot its a fair assumtion, and ultimatum or not, it doesnt change that fact that its completely unreasonable and unfair for all the state threads to get punished just because one of them is full of spam (which I might add, is mostly from mic himself)

how would you feel pete if alzi flamed me and then some mod decided that his ultimatum was that alzi stop flaming me or else every perth member gets banned?
now who looks dumb buddy?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well since he's the middle man, hes the one that gets to argue it with the guy who made the ultimatum, thats what mods get to do, isnt it a fun job?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Ditto - If you have a problem with it take it up with the person who made the rule (Virginus?), not the people who're employed to carry it out, regardless of "history"... I get this a lot at work - the employee can't disobey orders from their superiors (they can question, but they can't disobey if their superiors don't change their minds... Customers don't seem to understand this ~_~)

To be honest though, this thread could do with less spam, and as hypocritical as it sounds since I was "spamming" (the literal form of the verb being posting stuff irrelevant to smash, I haven't been doing the **** that Alzi was ;)) it is not a bad thing to notice that such an ultimatum would significantly reduce the spamming from all parties... I really doubt that it would come to the movement of all threads to the FFFF as long as all the major spammers are aware of this ultimatum, and if we get rid of the majority of them then the two or three dregs who don't want to conform can be dealt with individually (it's a lot easier dealing with two or three miscreants then 20-30 :p)...

The only way it could come to all the threads being moved to FFFF is if the situation is not improved, which will not be an issue if even half of us become a little more aware of what deserves to be here and what deserves to remain on MSN/Social FFFF thread... The people who aren't willing to improve can get banned :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the point is that mic didnt specify who it was that handed down that ultimatum, and as a mod I dont think its too far removed from his job to take my concerns and raise them with the guy who handed down the ultimatum, theres no need to disobey because nothing has been set in stone yet.
furthermore, and the orginal point still stands, mic himself was a major contributor of spam and then he turns it around on us like its our fault.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Take your complaints elsewhere Luke cause it's getting boring reading you spam the Perth thread with complaints about Mic_ Needs more LeishaChu and her frightening pictures_
Marteh approves of all adorable pics of the worst character in the game. We should have solved controller issues if i can see my brother in time by the time before i leave friday. In other words posting on my phone is absolute hell

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Should be getting the power safety tags tonight.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, just got a call from him, picking them up now :D

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
So what time is the first tourny?

Also, what setting should my damage ratio be? What do most people use? I think it's been played around with...

MTGod

Smash Champion
It'll be when we get enough people to run the first tournament, really - we'll be trying to get it up and running as soon as possible, but of course we'll need to set-up and draw a crowd with a few friendlies ;)

Marty - you unlock everyone yet :D??

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
It'll be when we get enough people to run the first tournament, really - we'll be trying to get it up and running as soon as possible, but of course we'll need to set-up and draw a crowd with a few friendlies ;)

Marty - you unlock everyone yet :D??
Ill be honest, aint started, dont stress, im pro at life :p
ill prob start tomorrow or get my bros wii or see if josh can bring his lol

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sorry I can't be there tomorrow guys, but I hope I was of some use today other than opening bottles of Ramune for everyone XD

Everyone wish Andy luck for Tempest, I don't think I'll get to play him before he goes :(

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
I didnt end up staying long or talking much if at all with you guys but I'll most likely be there for a good amount of time tomorrow since today was all shopping really.

Hater

Smash Ace
DDD wall infiniting gets ppl into the scene despite what the critics and dem haters (you know who you are) say

So keep that **** up and we should have a few more ppl ^^

Vlade

Social Outcast
Andre wanted me to let you guys know that although he doesn't plan to attend to tournaments in the future, the fact that Luke, Ted and Nova are coming to the next one means he'll go if someone shouts his fees :)

Since nothing's been announced, I'm doubting the possibility of the easterners coming to the next one but let's give them lots of notice because it would be really cool if they came over here. So yeah, when I said 'next one' in the paragraph above it meant the tourney that the easterners will be at.

Top Bottom