• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Sup Ninja. I am Technodeath (currently) until Alister sponsors me a name change :D

I only joined the competitive scene september last year.
I get little to no practice inbetween tournaments.
And when I do, it's against subpar players who dont even care for competition.

From that though, I've placed decently ok in tournaments.
If I had a decent source of practice, I'd be one of the top players no worries. Yeah, I went there.

Anyways, welcome to the scene, I hope you enjoy your stay for however long you'll be with us.

Alzi

Smash Master
I can sponsor you a name change i think.

Since i do have what they call the "premium" membership. ;) and you can change your name twice as long as it isn't in the same month.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just to confirm_ What days are people looking at attending Supernova_? I will be able to make Friday night and Sunday if anyone is heading those days_ Hit me up and we can meet up_

Welcome Ninja_ I would of preferred more pirates, but i'm sure ninja's will suffice for now_ Watched Monty Python Meaning of Life again yesterday_ Love "The Crimson Permanent Assurance"_ Nothing like accountant pirates to rock the boat_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Welcome to Ninjadead!!! Hope you enjoy the tournaments as much as we do ^^ Ignore Bob - assuming Vlade is half Ninja you'll bring us up 1.5 :p During the holidays it's pretty much guaranteed that there'll be a lot of smash practice sessions people will be setting up, so feel free to come to a few of those as that's probably the best practice you'll get your hands on in Perth outside of tournaments... The details of smashfests are usually advertised on here ^^

Regarding tournaments, the Supanova tournaments will be held a little differently to our regular "competitive" tournaments purely for the reason that people would prefer not too hang around too long with other things to see and do at Supanova... I'm not 100% on this so don't quote me, but I believe Saturday will be free-for-all tournaments and Sunday will be 1vs1 (more akin to regular tournaments)... Either way, if you're heading down both days drop in and say hi, and Mic will let you know how we'll be running things ;)

If you want to be e-mailed when a tournament is happening, chuck it here or PM me with it and I'll add you to the Mailing List...

I'll be at Supanova Saturday and Sunday at the booth for most of the time (not really into any comics besides Johnen Vasquez and the guy who made Bear)... Drop by and say hi/bring me treats :D

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Just out of curiousity and not greed, is there actual prizes?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yup, not entirely sure on how much and what as yet. I'll be going down and picking up some of them later this arvo. But yeah, prizes + free entry = one awesome run of tournaments :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
By the way Mic, if you want me to bring anything at all (my laptop, camera, hard drive, whatever), just let me know. I'll probably have my laptop with me anyway, though, just in case. :p

Richard7

Smash Ace
I'm a sad panda. I can't make it to Supernova on Friday because I'm finally getting the filter removed from my body on that day, although it is at like 7:00 AM, I doubt I'll be let out in time to attend Supernova. They said I'd be out in the afternoon iirc.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
From memory were only there sat and sun anyway.
Just to reconfirm facts were holding small tournies at about 40mins-1hr interval, they shouldnt last longer then 30 minutes.

Each tournament is small with about 8-16 people, from what weve discussed rules should be 3 stock all items off, day 1 will be free for alls while day 2 will be 1v1's at the end of day we should be having a winners tournament.

Alzi, everyone on the PR is prohibited from competing in these tournaments due to it's unfair on people who are casual players as obviously Sam would win or something.

^ Everything above is subject to change

Oh and if you dare mention about why my wii menu is black, it's cause I hacked it. And I actually refuse to help anyone on that matter even if they ask, it's very risky and can brick wii's easier then any other hack, for that matter yeah.

And welcome Ninja, I am actually a ninja in training you see hope you can give me some pointers in that and/or pokemon :p (Ill bring my DS)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well, it depends which character. Sagat would use HK, Ryu would use LP and Akuma would use all three punch buttons because the trajectories vary so much when shot in the air.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm a sad panda. I can't make it to Supernova on Friday because I'm finally getting the filter removed from my body on that day, although it is at like 7:00 AM, I doubt I'll be let out in time to attend Supernova. They said I'd be out in the afternoon iirc.
Richard I think that the Supanova doors open at about 6:00pm on Friday so if you get out in the afternoon I doubt you'd miss much :)

Here's the event guide actually http://www.supanova.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Event-Guide-SN10-Perth.pdf

Says that it starts at 5:45pm

Vermy

Smash Champion
Well, it depends which character. Sagat would use HK, Ryu would use LP and Akuma would use all three punch buttons because the trajectories vary so much when shot in the air.
Sagat can fireball with both punch and kick. Kicks are low shots, punches are high.
As for Ryu only using light punch, again different speeds have different uses.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
By the way Mic, if you want me to bring anything at all (my laptop, camera, hard drive, whatever), just let me know. I'll probably have my laptop with me anyway, though, just in case. :p
Probably a good idea to bring a laptop for signups.

The Friday is just evening only, and isn't the main expo, just a sort of 'opening ceremonies' type of thing. The main stuff is the Sat and Sun.

From memory were only there sat and sun anyway.
Just to reconfirm facts were holding small tournies at about 40mins-1hr interval, they shouldnt last longer then 30 minutes.

Each tournament is small with about 8-16 people, from what weve discussed rules should be 3 stock all items off, day 1 will be free for alls while day 2 will be 1v1's at the end of day we should be having a winners tournament.
I'm actually thinking about upping the numbers depending on how many people we get per 'round' seeing as we can have up to 64 people per wii in tournament mode ;) I doube we'd get that high but we might have enough for multiple wii's then have a round of finals with best of 3. (for the free for alls, maybe just whoever gets the best placement after 3 matches)

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol thats kinda a bad rule of not letting Power ranked players enter.

Not that i'm going or anything and want to enter and try to win. :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Depending on the ammount of prizes and numbers and such, we might be able to do a round with just 'smashers' during a slow period or something. No promises, but don't give up hope. ;)

MTGod

Smash Champion
We need to attract people in somehow :p

Me vs Marty - epic Ness v Lucas showdown --> what the people want to see!!!

Alzi

Smash Master
Trav that offer of you and I teaming up is still at stake. ;)

I do use a Mix of Toon Link and Metaknight in doubles now btw if you haven't noticed. ;) And i do play a very good TL and MK in doubles. ;) and i am a good doubles partner. ;)

;)

Think about it. ;)

Or actually i should team with Vlade we can totally gay it out Vlade with MK. Unless you are still teaming with Pete.

Top Bottom