• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Mmm.. I dont know whether it actually needs testing though, I mean if people have to be seated while they're not playing, it can reduce the speed at which the tournament is run, being the fact that anyone not playing has to be seated implies there's bugger all room setups and all that ****.

So it's up to everyone else, but I'd rather use the Curtin venue or the Church

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I called the cinema is to small from day1, next time you're at the cinema look at the small space between the front row and the screen. We have that to work with, hence no

Pete278

Smash Lord
We weren't going to run a normal tournament at the cinema, though. It was only ever going to be used for a test to see if it were usable for EI3, and for EI3 if it was.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Just started playing Legend of Dragoon on my PS1 emulator.

I got falcon punched with nostalgia. Loving it so much.

Anyways, I SHOULD be coming down to the first couple of tournaments in July.
I dont know if Nova will or will not be attending them, I have yet to hear more from him on that.
If he cant, I'll need to grab a doubles partner :)

Alzi

Smash Master
I might go in the July tournament when Nova and luke come down or who ever comes down then maybe take a big break and come back for Eastern Invasion 3.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay guys, things are still going well for Supanova this coming weekend, but one thing we're gonna need help with is controllers. I've worked out we've got 10 or so, and we need 16 for our four setups. If anyone has some controllers we can borrow for this that would be great.

I'm not asking for the ones you guys bring to tournaments, but any that you might have laying around that might have a slightly wobbly control stick, is a 3rd party controller, ect. If you have one you can lend us, please let me know asap.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
I need some info for the tourny at Supanova. Is there a set time the tournament begins? What are the rules(stock or time)? Sorry if the information is already somewhere else.

I'm new to competitive Brawl so I look forward to playing you guys

Vlade

Social Outcast
Awesome, good to see you want to get into the Perth Brawl scene!

Mic is the man with all the details but as far as I know, we'll be running multiple tournaments throughout the weekend, so there isn't really a set time for when each one starts and finishes (could be wrong, Mic might have something up his sleeve).

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Will any time details be confirmed on the day? I don't really wanna hang around the tourny area all day.

Alzi

Smash Master
Welcome to the perth smash scene Ninjadead.

I will happily give you a cloned shiny shroomish if we meet. This goes for others in the scene i want to share the shiny shroomish love around.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Thanks Alzi =] I(and my community) will happily give anyone a game of Pokemon if they're interesting as well.

Hopefully I'll end up like the perth smash scene, I love brawling since I got my sexy black Wii a few months ago, so I havnt been playing Brawl for years like you guys...hopefully I'll do alright.

Alzi

Smash Master
Some of us don't play brawl, some just turn up on the day and do well.

I quit pokemon so i don't play it. I somtimes go on Shoddy with friends and play there though. Think Hobobloke is our main master at Pokemon.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
Well I(and once again, my community) would love to battle any one who's up for it, especially anyone who's into it competitivly :p

Yeah, I love Brawl for the fun but I want to start getting competitive =]

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Do you play on Shoddy? As my title underneath my name indicates I'm not too bad. :p

Brawl community is pretty awesome, we're all good mates and hang out outside of smash related things too. If you want to send me a private message with your phone number or something of the sorts I can let you know when we have more details or even just ring you 15 mins before each tournament on the days.

Ninjadead

Smash Cadet
I used to play Shoddy a fair bit, got sick of attitudes(disconnections, abuse) and my community pretty much took over all my pokemaning.

Yeah that sounds good, we'll see how Nova goes first =]

Top Bottom