• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Rebels without a cause_ This intrigues me as to their choices for starting lists and CP lists_ Norfair should be banned and i disagree with the initial strike of 3 stages, then 4, then stage choice_ I prefer the method of taking turns to strike an odd number of stages until 1 is left to use as the starter_

MTGod

Smash Champion
That stage striking wouldn't work very well in Perth, given that only 10 people are truly "ranked", and even that is just in accordance with a panel decision :p

I prefer our system ^^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Same here Bob. I'd want to try that number of starters though.

Other 'fun' things that will hopefully change with the MLg rules

Some people have infinites banned, others don't (banned infinites don't even exist)
Team Attack Off
Higher Seeded team gets Port Priority (BBAA instead of ABBA/BAAB)

Alzi

Smash Master
New ds has been confirmed for 2011 and it's called 3DS.

It will use 3D graphics in the screen.

Just thought you guys would want to know.

Last tournament pokemon stadium was a neutral? What are peoples thoughts on this? Do you think we should change it to a counterpick or just leave it as a neutral?

Technodeath

Smash Champion
leave it as a neutral, in my opinion.

i dont think the stage specifically puts anyone in a disadvantage
but i may be wrong

it's more neutral than Halberd maybe, in terms of hazards and things.

the area changes are annoying, especially when i've got someone grabbed.

but im a noob, dont listen to me

Alzi

Smash Master
Well there is stage striking so if you don't wish to play on that stage you can ban it simple. And if evens out the stage strike system much better.

Just wanted to see what everyone thinks as a whole.

I somtimes try to mind game my opponent when stage striking. ;)

Trillest

Smash Ace
Its more neutral than castle,delfino if it where to get replaced i suppose pictochat would take its place but it doesnt need to be also mlg starters are bad! what to ban if u play against mk ?

Pete278

Smash Lord
What really ticks me off about that ruleset is the fact that you both can't play the same character in teams.... seriously is there any reason you can't?
Its just a rule used in many other fighting game 2v2s, to prevent teams from just becoming (in this case) stacked MKs.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Its more neutral than castle,delfino if it where to get replaced i suppose pictochat would take its place but it doesnt need to be also mlg starters are bad! what to ban if u play against mk ?
They're good starters, I was going to use that exact 9 at one point. It's not hard to strike against MK, I 'd strike.
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza

Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

The stages left aren't good for MK.

Trillest

Smash Ace
They're good starters, I was going to use that exact 9 at one point. It's not hard to strike against MK, I 'd strike.
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza

Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

The stages left aren't great for MK.

yeah i agree with your striking i in no way think castle and delfino should be on any starter list. Also a bit iffy on helbred. I dont like mlg's starting system as other have said our system is more "fair"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What's wrong with Castle and Delphino? All the starters shouldn't be the same basic stage (FD, SV, Battlefield) because all it does is give a free CP to the characters that are good on those stages (Falco, diddy, ect)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
FD benefits everyone with a projectile.

What's your point there will always be stages that some characters do better on than others, there's a reason why they're called starters and not neutrals.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol Delfino Plaza is no way a starter.

We better not be having it as a starter in perth tournaments anyway. >_>

Vlade

Social Outcast
9 neutrals is cool

Seriously guys on paper it might seem bad but in practice you probably won't be playing on those stages you loathe because you can strike it.

CP stages are a different story because you are limited to banning only one stage.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah thats right.

It's just the fact that i don't see delfino being a starter. It just waste time it being there.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah thats right.

It's just the fact that i don't see delfino being a starter. It just waste time it being there.
Okay Alzi, name me another level which isn't included which is more neutral that Delfino, if we only have 8 neutrals one person doesn't get a counterpick, hence unfair.

Alzi

Smash Master
We shouldn't have 8 neutrals in the first place. ;)

I also like the rule in doubles were one team cannot have the same rule. It's actually a nice rule and i think it should be a official rule in the rule set. Friendly Fire on though not off like what MLG has decided to do. >_>.

The only problem i find with friendly fire off is that people just spam stuff and win so thats why i would rather have friendly fire on which makes it more challenging and more fun.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
What's wrong with Castle and Delphino? All the starters shouldn't be the same basic stage (FD, SV, Battlefield) because all it does is give a free CP to the characters that are good on those stages (Falco, diddy, ect)
whats wrong with castle and delphino? you've already adressed whats wrong with it in that very post, it gives a free CP to characters that are good on those stages, furthermore they are much better on those stages then characters who can use fd,sv or bf.

stuff mlg rules, just stick to the good old ****.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
castle siege walkoff benefits any1 with a chaingrab or lock ie pika,diddy,icies,dedede also delfino mk!
The walkoffs aren't permanent, and are easily avoidable by fighting on the platforms that are around in that period. If someone wants to camp a corner and wait for you to aproach on that particular transformation, let em.

Lol Delfino Plaza is no way a starter.
Why?

9 neutrals is cool

Seriously guys on paper it might seem bad but in practice you probably won't be playing on those stages you loathe because you can strike it.
Freaking this x128. If the stages are good against your opponent or bad for your character, strike em. Generally the idea is that with 9 stages, you strike the 4 you don't want to fight on, your opponent strikes the 4 they don't want to fight on, and you should end with a fair stage for the both of you.

whats wrong with castle and delphino? you've already adressed whats wrong with it in that very post, it gives a free CP to characters that are good on those stages
That statement is both correct, and not. Yes, in a way it does give an advantage to characters who do well on those types of stages. BUT. Big but. We already have characters who have preference to flat stages having that. This way, ideally, it's a bit more balanced. The characters who get hosed on flat stages now have more of a chance and the characters that thrive on flatness now don't start at an advantage.

Alzi

Smash Master
Luke is the ****** bully who just walks in a thread post somthing and ends the argument and makes everyone have a OMG what just happened face. Then Luke supporters scream WHERE YOU AT? WHERE YOU AT?

I will seriously use metaknight next tournament if Delfino is a starter stage. Not saying i suck on it with toon link i actually do well on it and it's a good toon link stage but i will go metaknight as i like to end my games quick and fast.

Yeah i'm actually going to try out metaknight for this one tournament in a few games to see how i go.

Glenn i think i should come over early in the morning or somthing then you take me to the tournament and back home. :D

Also trills signature made me lol.

Alzi

Smash Master
They do, do well.

But omg are people thinking having castle siege or whatever as a starter? lol.

I don't mind but your just making it harder on yourself and i shall prove this through metaknight rapage.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
They do, do well.

But omg are people thinking having castle siege or whatever as a starter? lol.

I don't mind but your just making it harder on yourself and i shall prove this through metaknight rapage.
Alzi, you know really your opinions are yours, you have never once proven a point on why this shouldnt be. Stop *****ing :p

Alzi

Smash Master
So people are now taking into consideration diffrent starters just because MLG are using them as a rule set.

I don't mind whatever happens to the starters all i'm saying is it's a bad idea to have delfino and castle seige in there. Theres only one reason really because you will face Alzi's metaknight. lol.

Also this tournament i will try and do some commentary since it will be my last before flying of to Sydney.

Muzga

Smash Ace
More starters isn't a big deal. at all.
If i was playing against someone who uses dedede or falco i'd just strike castle siege. If you feel you're at a huge disadvantage on a stage on the list of starters then all you have to do is strike the stage you don't want.
Don't pretend the additions would be a big deal

That being said i'm all for having the big D moved into starters because you all know how much i love it;)

Alzi

Smash Master
I have this tournament all planned out.

Prepare to get mind game and expect the unexpected when vsing me. I will be using more characters then i usually do in a tournament match. ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Luke is the ****** bully who just walks in a thread post somthing and ends the argument and makes everyone have a OMG what just happened face. Then Luke supporters scream WHERE YOU AT? WHERE YOU AT?
lololol get sigged

you make a good point mic, I guess its just up to people to decide wether they want an opponent to have a good advantage all match (like diddys stage control on fd for example)
or have a super **** advantage during certain portions of the match (like d3's walkoffs on delphino)

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
NO IT WUD BE A BIG DEAL BECAUSE THINK ABOUT IT
ICS PLAYER I WILL STRIKE DELFINO
OTHER PLAYER I STRIKE FD
ICS STRIKES LYLAT
OTHER STRIKES SMASHVILLE
ICS STIKES castle seige
other strikes yoshis
goes on
neway wat im saying is if the striking was 8 stages then the other player cud strike pretty much all the official neutral stages

Alzi

Smash Master
But if you are having Delfino and Castle seige as a starter then they become official neutral stages aswell. :p

I hope i vs Andre in a tournment match this sunday because i have a suprise that is going to shock everyone.

Top Bottom