• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
So, for the tournament being Sunday and all, I have had very few PMs about where I live and ****, which might kinda be important considering it's at my house :p I hope people all know how to get here xD

The walkoffs aren't permanent, and are easily avoidable by fighting on the platforms that are around in that period. If someone wants to camp a corner and wait for you to aproach on that particular transformation, let em.
Agreed... + There's enough platforms on that transformation to allow you to get stay off the ground floor...

Freaking this x128. If the stages are good against your opponent or bad for your character, strike em. Generally the idea is that with 9 stages, you strike the 4 you don't want to fight on, your opponent strikes the 4 they don't want to fight on, and you should end with a fair stage for the both of you.
With that logic, why not just make all stages starters and stage strike the whole 14 stages or something??? Personally I think 9 stages is a bit overkill, however I would like to see a 5 stage list with different starters (Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat, PS1, Halberd would be a good list, I reckon)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

I will seriously use metaknight next tournament if Delfino is a starter stage. Not saying i suck on it with toon link i actually do well on it and it's a good toon link stage but i will go metaknight as i like to end my games quick and fast.
You do realise right, that if you choose Meta, everyone is going to strike Delfino right off the bat? Just because the stage is a starter doesn't mean you'll be starting on it.

So people are now taking into consideration diffrent starters just because MLG are using them as a rule set.
We did last tournament by adding PS1 and...another one (complete blank) as a starter.

NO IT WUD BE A BIG DEAL BECAUSE THINK ABOUT IT
ICS PLAYER I WILL STRIKE DELFINO
OTHER PLAYER I STRIKE FD
ICS STRIKES LYLAT
OTHER STRIKES SMASHVILLE
ICS STIKES castle seige
other strikes yoshis
goes on
neway wat im saying is if the striking was 8 stages then the other player cud strike pretty much all the official neutral stages
If by 'official neutral stages' you meant 'old starters' then yeah, they can. Pretty awesome imo. Not forced to play on a flat stage and pass Falco a victory.:):):):):088:

With that logic, why not just make all stages starters and stage strike the whole 14 stages or something??? Personally I think 9 stages is a bit overkill, however I would like to see a 5 stage list with different starters (Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat, PS1, Halberd would be a good list, I reckon)
That's something that's being discussed in the back room actually. Dasturn had a pretty interesting idea where there would be no 'starter' or 'counterpick' stages, just one list and you go and strike them all until you're down to 3 stages, choose your characters and off you go. It's pretty popular, though needs work with stuff like when do you choose characters, what order do you play in, ect.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol kane, also mario is for pro's, and kane is a pro, watch him **** you all with the jump man.

and the feeling is mutual techno, you going to thriller?

Pete278

Smash Lord
That's something that's being discussed in the back room actually. Dasturn had a pretty interesting idea where there would be no 'starter' or 'counterpick' stages, just one list and you go and strike them all until you're down to 3 stages, choose your characters and off you go. It's pretty popular, though needs work with stuff like when do you choose characters, what order do you play in, ect.
Three seems a bit small, because otherwise you're throwing all element of suspense for counterpicks out the window. Maybe have 5, randomly decide one as the neutral, then counterpick from them? Either way, that's a genius idea, and I can't believe I didn't think of it before this point.

EDIT: Mic, Halberd was the other neutral, and me and Trav have been debating (in our many hours of Skype usage) 9 starters, but believed that this community would rage too hard at it to immediately jump to 9. I'm also a believer we're too strict on the counterpicks, and that forcing an 8 minute match isn't a reason for a stage to be banned.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
People seem to forget that having a larger number of starters is just strike fodder to give a fairer decision_ Although Delfino and Castle Siege are starters, chances are they will be striked, but this in turn leads to having a much fairer starter stage overall_ Having a larger list also creates versatility in starter stages, thus creating a much more interesting environment_

If you want to go back down the path of FD, Fox only, no items then by all means, but that would get boring fast_ The idea is to create versatility and enjoyability for all players and viewers involved_ A larger number of starter stages also creates stage striking as a must, thus enticing players to think more strategically overall with their decisions_ Creates thinking and strategising, creates player growth and thus evolves and improves the scene_

7 or 9 starter stages is fine by me_ I don't see what everyone's issue with Delfino is though_ Something i'm missing here_?

Also disagree with double character team restrictions_ Not all teams use the same characters and this only stops diversity as i doubt you would see only double MK teams, if you did then i would enforce the rule_

Technodeath

Smash Champion
lol kane, also mario is for pro's, and kane is a pro, watch him **** you all with the jump man.

and the feeling is mutual techno, you going to thriller?
nah man, i wont be going to Thriller.
i will most likely be going to Robocop though.

EDIT

@ Alister - do you have a bank account? so i might be able to make a deposit for one of those white controllers, while you're over in Japan?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Basically I think the issue with Delfino and Castle is people think they give characters an advantage, and course they do. All levels do
Pick Falco on FD
Pick Marth on Battlefield
Snake on Halberd

You all get the point, IMO stop *****ing since I really hate always ending up on Battlefield or Smashville

Technodeath

Smash Champion
very true there Marty.

i honestly find FD to be the stage i dislike the most.

my honest preference with stages is that they have some form of platforms.
since i usually like to abuse them

Alzi

Smash Master
WHY HELLO GUYS. :)

Anyway don't forget to be voting for me in the flyer contest if you think mine is the best one there. Don't be lazy guys have a vote! lol.

Rick mains luigi now? Stick with a character already rick jeez stop changing all the time.

And luke i've seen a better wifi mario then kanes offline mario. ;) That person knows who he is.

School has foundation tommorow i'm not going. Instead will do some homework and make my graphics folder more better.

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't try on wifi. If i did try i would beat your rob.

Kanes mario is not legit. The meaning of legit means you actually do **** hard with that character.

Trill want some wifi games? And i will actually try. ;)

Omg actually me you and glenn all wifi. And rick at the same time? But rick lags. :/

My metaknight is legit btw.

Alzi

Smash Master
Glenn facebook is under maintence and me and trill decided to play wifi.

Here is my FC for brawl:

Brawl FC: 5327-2370-9889

Add me ok. Remeber to give me your code glenn so you can join. Rick stfu.

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
my friend code is
3782-0491-7403
yeh everybody stop picking on alzi

ur friend code is invalid

RICK STOP FIGHTING, IT IS ALZI'S JOB TO PISS EVERYONE OFF AND BE A TROLL DEAL WITH IT BY IGNORING HIM OR BE GOOD FRIENDS, THATS WAT I DO :D

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok glenn adding you now just join my game with trill.

Glenn your friend code is invalde.

give me the correct code. :/

This is for BRAWL BTW GLENN.

Brawl FC: 5327-2370-9889

Thats my code.

And my code works perfectly fine.

Glenn hurry up me and trill are waiting for you.

Alzi

Smash Master
Um i believe he did rick? Gosh getting mind gamed by a edited post thinking it was a mod lol.

Glenn hurry up seriously.

Make sure you have every internet related thing close aswell. Give me your correct friend code already. >_>

Vlade

Social Outcast
Rick I do have a bank account. I don't know how to transfer but I'll give any information required

By the way, chances of my going to the tourney on sunday are looking bleak now... Dad went to parent teacher interviews last night and found out I haven't been trying, and on top of that he also knows I have 2 tests on Monday which means I can't go out sunday. **** this ****

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Rick I do have a bank account. I don't know how to transfer but I'll give any information required

By the way, chances of my going to the tourney on sunday are looking bleak now... Dad went to parent teacher interviews last night and found out I haven't been trying, and on top of that he also knows I have 2 tests on Monday which means I can't go out sunday. **** this ****
gg man on the tests.

but as for the bank accounts im pretty sure i need your BSB number and Acc number. then i go and deposit teh cash, gotta see how much i've got in the bank though :s

PM or over msn. either way doesnt bother me

Top Bottom