• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Sieg

Smash Champion
Small asian?

I am the most manliest white guy you'll ever see. I'm so white and manly I made Vlade, the asian with amazingly good looks.

Because everyone knows that asians and good looks are the ultimate combination. I actually created a more powerful being than my manly white self. That's how good I am.

Muzga

Smash Ace
jesus christ that storm was brutal
I was at uni when it hit
sooooooo many smashed windscreens

MTGod

Smash Champion
Martylulz :p

Let's get some purpose back into this thread - there will be a "wooden spoon" prize at this tournament :D I'm not telling you what it is, but I'm 100% sure you won't get it if you haven't watched the first episode of Invader Zim, so get to it people!!! :D

(And if you figure it out, because it is fairly obvious, don't spoil it pl0x or I'll indent four more boney surprises on your face ^^ ****, all this talk about manliness is making me stereotypically aggressive :p)

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
Martylulz :p

Let's get some purpose back into this thread - there will be a "wooden spoon" prize at this tournament :D I'm not telling you what it is, but I'm 100% sure you won't get it if you haven't watched the first episode of Invader Zim, so get to it people!!! :D

(And if you figure it out, because it is fairly obvious, don't spoil it pl0x or I'll indent four more boney surprises on your face ^^ ****, all this talk about manliness is making me stereotypically aggressive :p)
luckily im a big fan of zim :)

Alzi

Smash Master
I am unbanned woo.

Anyway. Maths and Art test tommorow hope i do well. Then i will be free. Just will study on saturday for RE test on monday then thats it and i will be heading off to Sydney once the holidays start hope to have fun at thriller.

I will be attending the tournament this Sunday but i might not be sticking long enough for singles. Will probally get really far in then have to go home so i can john my way. Nice to see you trying out Seeding and pools Jesse.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm just trying it out - if it doesn't work, then I won't do it like that again :p If it DOES work awesomely, then I'll def be looking for a venue that'll let us stay til 10pm or so for the next OID :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
*sadface*

I can pick you up from the train station if you bring a TV Marty :D???

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
See issue is I'm going out Sat night then sticking over Deans for practice then heading to the tourney. I mean I'd have to find time to bring the tv over deans before hand, which wouldnt be easy.

Oh and if anyone's thinking of heading to then New Port on sat gimme a buzz :p *looking at jesse and his friends mainly lol*

MTGod

Smash Champion
I had a LOOOOOONG conversation with Jon/Sean about the escapades I missed out on last week... Long story short, from what I heard I'm never going to Northbridge with them xD

Either way, I'm working Saturday night til 11pm... Yeah, I know...

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Oh and I need to say this now so everyone knows it
On my Wii I have a custom character select, dw it's still normal brawl no plus. BUT
If you play pokemon trainer, you must select the pokemon trainer icon and select through there, if you chose Charizard or such on his own he doesn't get fatigued and can't swap, hence is not a tournament legal character. So pick Pokemon trainer.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ugh, I'll be calling 'I can't choose the one I wanted to start with" johns.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Ugh, I'll be calling 'I can't choose the one I wanted to start with" johns.
No Mic you can chose who you want basically you have on the character screen
[PT] [ Charizard] [Squirtle][The **** one] [Marth] [etc]

Just make sure you pick PT then click on the pokemon on the icon, thats all I ask. I can explain at the tourney

And wow my 1000th post was in the PPR, I was meant to make a joke with that post like belair or something..FML

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_announces_Nintendo_DS_successor
Suggest you check it out

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol mic fail

holy **** how many different types of ds are they gonna sell, surely thats bad marketing right? how more do they expect to sell (although trippy 3d does kinda sound cool rad)

Trillest

Smash Ace
Well its seems the 3d age is here obvious note is avatar (both movie/game) also Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is gonna be 3d with glasses i hope it just doesnt mean we all have to look at bad 3d graphics and i want Link to stay 2d and also dont 3d brawl or my head will explode

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Problem with 3d is that some people are unable to actually see 3d or have issues with seeing it for prolonged amounts of time_ Although it's something that is being pushed for future releases, it still ultimately creates an unwilling minority who may not be able to witness it without the choice_

Also, as far as i'm aware_ Don't you need a 3d capable television to actually view Avatar the game in 3d_? Thus making it a useless addition in this current television market_

Anybody else notice that Peach looks like a man in Mics picture_?

Trillest

Smash Ace
KK soz for dbl post but this important mlg ruleset
http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

Also wtf Mlg

Just a few inserts

For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Players on the same Team may not select the same Character for a 2v2 Game.

If the Timer runs out and one Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.

AWWWW **** NORFAIR IS BACK!

Those crazy mlg kids discuss ^^

Sieg

Smash Champion
Edge grab rules. Lol. Gonna hear so much **** about this from other people *****ing about the usual MLG wah wah Smash ****.

Good times.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No Mic you can chose who you want basically you have on the character screen
[PT] [ Charizard] [Squirtle][The **** one] [Marth] [etc]

Oh, I get it now, you mean each pokemon have their own icon on the select screen.

holy **** how many different types of ds are they gonna sell, surely thats bad marketing right? how more do they expect to sell (although trippy 3d does kinda sound cool rad)
Well what's going to help is that this isn't just another minor upgrade but the next step (ie, what the DS was to the GBA(sp)(micro)

Edge grab rules. Lol. Gonna hear so much **** about this from other people *****ing about the usual MLG wah wah Smash ****.

Good times.
I think we'll hear more about the banning of some infinites and not others. That and banning wireless controllers.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
i really dislike 3d, only seen avatar and alice in wonderland. i had to kep taking the glasses of in avatar probably 30 mins into it cos they kept hurting my eyes and my nose lol Same thing in alice in wonderland :( lol

omg a bit late but did any1's car get owned in the storm? my cars probably gonna be a complete ride of :dizzy: ow well lots of $$$$$ :)....also at work because of the storm we where the bussiest dominos in the whole nation!!!! was effing insane lol

MTGod

Smash Champion
Alex, I beat the hail by 5 minutes :D Apparently the North had worse hail, and the Ozzy Park car yards got absolutely ***** :p I kinda wanna go and test drive a car with heaps of dents in it and see how they will sell it to me xD

MTGod

Smash Champion
Understandable though - it's the video gaming equivalent to drugging people :D

Also guys, I just thought that I could try advertising the scene during League/Member's Nights at Darkzone... Is anyone opposed to this idea??? I work with one of the managers (who used to own a game store) every Wednesday, so might ask him next week if no one can think of a reason not to :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
Looser than the Labor Government's spending!!! AWWWWWWWWWWW DAYUM how old is that one!!!??!?!????!??!?!?!?

(As you can tell I'm really bored/procrastinating assignment :p)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I take it we will be still incorporating our rule set as the wiimote rule is annoying, since it would probably apply to Wavebirds to. I'll admit though I like their stage strike system, but eh Perth always rebels from the norm :p.

Top Bottom