• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh **** you Jesse for making singles $10 ffs lol.

I'll see if i can go. Depends how i am once the days come along.

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
I intend on coming jesse =) but il give u a definite answer closer to the date, so dont cho be hating up in ere.. Haha have a squash tourny tonight at north beach so im activating sage mode atm ready to win it.. Thinking i might be going DDD on sundee as well

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh **** you Jesse for making singles $10 ffs lol.

I'll see if i can go. Depends how i am once the days come along.
You do realise there's no venue fee, right??? So it's actually $5 cheaper than regular tournaments...

Haha have a squash tourny tonight at north beach so im activating sage mode atm ready to win it..
Good luck man, just remember all the stuff I do and do the opposite :D

Alzi

Smash Master
His snake is just bad he doesn't want to show how bad it is.

Well i guess $10 single fee is good as the money is going to good use.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Jesse you know you can count me in

I'm more than happy to assist with running pools, I'm the only person who's done it so far because everyone complained XD

Alzi

Smash Master
I will be there Jesse.

Can we make things alittle earlier though. Like 10 minutes for registrations instead of 30 so singles can finish kinda early so i can go home and go to be and get ready for school?]

MTGod

Smash Champion
TY Vlade - I'm thinking of just assigning one TV to each pool (as an optimal plan - of course depends on TVs and attendance xD) and that way it should be fairly straightforward as long as all pool matches get completed... Thinking of printing out the Pool sheet for each TV so that results can be tallied on paper and then entered into TIO as one during the dinner break (yes, there will be a dinner break between Pools and Bracket - I have updated the tournament post with that :p)...

Chopping off 40 minutes will not make that much difference man... Put it this way - I am not expecting this tournament to end anytime before 8pm, and as such it's looking very likely that there will be 2 food breaks (one between doubles/singles for lunch and one between pools/DEBracket for dinner)... I'm estimating 9pm, but it could finish a bit later or earlier than that depending on how quick people are to finish matches and stuff...

EDIT::: All I can guarantee right now is that I'm aiming for a 9pm or 10pm finish time... I'm almost certain (based on previous tournaments) it won't be done quicker than that, but fairly certain it won't go past 10pm...

If Vlade intends on bringing his Dazzle I'm going to be very strict during brackets about recording, such that the only matches that will be allowed to postpone for recording purposes will be the W+L+G Finals... We won't have time for people to wait for the recording TV to become available for menial bracket matches... If it's okay with Vlade I don't mind setting up one TV to record all matches played on that TV, but if it looks like time constraints are going to be pushed because of it I will have to restrict recording to the Finals series' only (which I'm sure Vlade would prefer given the time it takes to encode and upload xD)

If we finish before 10pm I'm totally cool with people sticking around for friendlies until 10pm or so, but at 10pm I'll be starting to clean up and anyone who is left in the house will be commanded asked politely to help out :p Definitely no one stays past 11pm...

Vlade

Social Outcast
Also, Jesse's tournament will probably be the last chance you guys will have to give me money/shopping list for stuff in Japan since I'm leaving the following Friday.

Don't forget that I can get white gamecube controllers fairly cheaply

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Went to Joondalup today_ What a dump_ Rockingham doesn't look so bad anymore_ Everything feels so different up north_ Like i've stepped into the future were people have devolved_ And here you were saying that were the primitives ;)

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
wait so will alzi be able to afford singles
and alsi soz bout not saying nething on the smash boards, my pc was down
just want to confirm that im going with techno for doubles

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hey guys, played a game of Munchkin last night, so I'm gonna post some notable events (Me and Trav won the game, joint, after being enemies for most of the game xD):

PETE
+Rep for tricking Trav into letting you help him win the game, just to charm the monster and leave him humiliated and speechless :p
- Rep for thinking Trav would accept your help next round :D

TRAV
+ Rep for "abusing the noob", even if the noob practically presented himself to be abused
- Rep for not questioning Pete's motive to help you win the game xD

MIC
+ Rep for screwing over everyone equally :D
- Rep for not actively participating in the game (even though everyone was doing other things whilst not on their turn, this was the only -ve Rep thing I could think of for you, as all the stuff you couldn't do was kinda curse-related xD)

MARTY
- Rep for helping the player winning at the time to possibly skyrocket to level 7-9, for only half the treasures, when he would have clearly lost the battle... Terrible, terrible, terrible........ TERRIBLE!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

PETE'S BRO
-10000 Rep for actively and knowingly offering your help to someone for them to win the game, for free no less, for the sole reason that you were bored (I guess, I mean I couldn't see another reason for it, as you didn't have a plan...), and then from that help making people waste cards to prevent the win from happening, and therein the acceptor gaining 7 treasures at once...
- Rep for continuously trying to play Tuba of Charm during combat :p

ME
+ Rep for tricking someone into accepting your help while an Elf :D
- Rep for wasting time teaching Pete's brother how to play... Gawd...

So yeah, Pete's bro... Either doesn't seem to like Munchkin and got bored, or is just incredibly dull-witted

wait so will alzi be able to afford singles
Yes he will - this tournament is cheaper than most tournaments because it has no venue fee... Add $5 to singles entry, decrease venue entry by $10, ===> $5 cheaper for tournament...

Glenn I assume you'll be heading along too then :p??? With your bro??? (And TVs :D???)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Joondalup is so drug ****ed the babies are just aborted naturally_ All i saw was rat tails, polo shirts and snot nosed kids_ We have fat whores with kids sure but at least they don't hit you up for a durrie when you walk by, they're too busy spending they're unfortunate boyfriends money_

I always wondered why Joondalup shops had palm trees, but after seeing how degenerate the peeps where, i understood it all too quickly_ That and the ones swinging through them shop to shop made it clear that's it's more than just for show_ I didn't ask if there where escalators_

Wiggas aside_ I'll be coming Jesse and i'll try to bring along a tv and wii_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Cool, thanks guys, shaping up to be a nice turnout ^^ BTW if anyone has third party wii component cables please let me know where you got them from... I'm trying to find them but they're god**** nowhere eh T.T

EDIT: If this tournament breaks the Perth tournament record I'm gonna ****ing breakdown xD

EDIT2: Breakdown in a good way xD As in be excited :p Just to clarify xD

MTGod

Smash Champion
Update on tournament - I've done proper calculations and spacial arrangments and have determined my house is suitable for 8 setups comfortably, 10 with a bit of a squeeze in certain places :D Remember guys, tournaments are run for the community by the community, and everyone needs to help in whatever way they can to ensure the day running smoothly... TVs, Wii + Brawl combos, Powerboards, Extension cords, Commentary equipment, chairs all welcome, and if you think you have something else that might help let me know =P...

Also, HAVING THE RIGHT ENTRANCE FEES WILL HELP... Remember that the pot has to be split, and if we don't have the right amount it'll be up to me to decide on an rounding which could ultimately affect you D: (pay with a $50 note and I may have to sick Gus on you :D)

That's my daily info ^^

So Rick have you decided to come to the tournamentn yet =D???

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Went to Joondalup today_ What a dump_ Rockingham doesn't look so bad anymore_ Everything feels so different up north_ Like i've stepped into the future were people have devolved_ And here you were saying that were the primitives ;)
You went too far north.

MIC
+ Rep for screwing over everyone equally :D
- Rep for not actively participating in the game (even though everyone was doing other things whilst not on their turn, this was the only -ve Rep thing I could think of for you, as all the stuff you couldn't do was kinda curse-related xD)
I kept getting useless cards during knocking down the door and monsters during search the room :c

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Yo Mic, can i get a lift tomorrow from my dads place?

Today was good expect some cool photos, hope to see you ALL tomorrow/today at basketball.

Also Jesse on top of my 4 TV's and 1 Wii i can probably bring 2 powerboards and 2 extension cords.

MTGod

Smash Champion
No probs Vlade - what time will you be able to get down though??? Ofc the earlier the better, as if doubles finishes earlier than expected I'll be tying to start singles early as well :D

Also Jesse on top of my 4 TV's and 1 Wii i can probably bring 2 powerboards and 2 extension cords.
Thanks heaps for bringing so much stuff dude :D

I kept getting useless cards during knocking down the door and monsters during search the room :c
Yeah, it sucks when that happens :p It was a pretty slow game anyway until DBZ got turned off xD

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
**** oh well nebody else wanna go with me in dubz
same rule aplies first ask gets me

just realized 1 more post and ill have 100 :D

me and alzi have decided to team up for this tourney
we have decided on the name
teram facebook stalkers

Top Bottom