• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Oh, I just love watching you play. Reminds me of my playstyle quite a bit, actually. You even performed the t-jolt distraction to running grab approach, which as far as I'm concerned, I pioneered and mentioned on these boards over a year ago. :p
And then you even use QAC aggressively, as I do. You have a nice handle of it. But, like one of my faults as well, being so flashy and aggressive can make you let your guard down. The only I have to say is to let him approach you more often. Try it out and see what happens.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I just love watching you play. You even performed the t-jolt distraction to running grab approach.

you even use QAC aggressively, as I do. You have a nice handle of it.

only I have to say is to let him approach you more often.
^That was all I saw honestly :p

LOL I play very campy spammy and boring lol, Im not flashy anymore ;B

thanks for the critique tho :V

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
hey I need help with ddd he's really annoying and I can't kill him

Match 1
March 2
Match 3
Match4
Match 5

Please help me, I'll take any critique you give me thx

Chain Grab him, Fthrow x2, Dthrow x5, then upsmash, Then keep a safe distance away from him and tjolt spam forcing him to come to you. Once he's in your personal space Dsmash to get him away then keep spamming tjolts racking up damage nicely.

then for the Kill...POW UP TILT TO THUNDER BAYBEE

BV Cheers mate

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Only the fthrow CG is guaranteed on DDD..... Prime found that the buffered dthrow CG doesn't work, but you can still try it anyway and hope they're not fast enough to get out.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No, Prime updated the CG thread a while ago and took that one out because it's escapable:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225783

In his update, he took out all the crazy fthrow > dthrow CG combos, but you'll notice that for the dthrow CGs, some characters (like Falco and Sheik) start at a weird % like 19%..... those're the ones where you have to fthrow first to get them to that damage.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Utilt to thunder on D3 is pretty hard to pull off because he doesn't go very high. It is probably better to kill D3 off the side or to thunder him during his up B.

gallax

Smash Hero
its best to kill d3 by making him kill himself :chuckle:

in all seriousness though d3 is hard to play against if u dont really know what ur doing. u need to get behind him and stay at the tip of his ftilt. u want him to get in the air cuz then u have the advantage. all u have to do from there is predict an aerial or the inhale. if he inhales then simply roll behind and grab him or usmash or ftilt or whatever. most kills should come from hitting him with a nair or thunder off stage.

i also noticed in those vids u were terrible at applying pressure to ddd. whenever he is about to land u need to get near him and NOT roll away or run away. as a ddd player i love to see pika running away and tjolting. that means they be afraid.

gallax

Smash Hero
omg i just wrote a whole bunch of stuff and i erased it. NOOOO!!!!!!!

anyways the jist of it was this. u got behind wario a few tiems and instead of trying ot read his next move u either rolled away or went right into another attack and that allowed the wario to get away or punish u with a nair. u need to pressure him into a spotdodge or roll or (since its wario) a nair so u can punish. and pressuring is really easy. just stand there behind him and wait for a reaction from him. if he roll away just run and grab/usmash. the other big issue was using your nair at low percents. out of the cg u got him in u used dsmash instead of usmash. then right after u uair>nair. dont do that. use ur uai>bair at low percents and try to save ur nair against wario until u need it to kill or to escape from getting hit. its alright to use it if its necessary but when u have other options that are just as useful u should use those other options. wario is a tough cookie to kill and nair is your best bet of killing him.

against marth u need to learn to not be scared and to get under him and keep that pressure. once u get under marth u need to shield cuz he will fair when he lands>db most of the time or try to grab. as long as u shield his fair u have a free grab urself. many times in the vid u got underneath marth and a dsmash or shield would have been a good choice instead of rolling away and giving marth his space. learn to run in and shield his aerials too better. and when u do run in get in close enough to grab him.

in your marth vid look @1:29. u had a free thunder hit cuz he would have AD'd into you and he would have probably died. or u could have shielded>grab or dsmash'd him. but u jumped and allowed ur 2-4 frame advantage of him landing on the ground lag disappear and get a free shield against ur bair!!

another thing i noticed u do every now and then is spotdodge after u shield. stop that unless u need to lol. u could have gotten free damage if u hadnt spotdodged some of the times.

and if marth has to upb onto the ledge hes gonna have some bad lag when he gets back on stage. if u have to grab him instead of tjolting cuz tjolting can be hard to time or canceled out by an attack.

against falco idk what really to say other than u got some hard reads against you lol. kismets falco=too good.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
@ gallax yeah you are right I really don't apply pressure to the D3 because I play Bill_ everyday and he knows my playstyle really well and he takes advantage of every little mistake that I make, also it seems when I try to roll behind the inhale I get sucked up anyways.

Also thanks Mister_E, shirchadakiss18, and Cam for the great critiques also thanks Kaylo for the CG info

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
When did this happen? the DDD has 1-2 frames of possible escape or something?
I guess. I didn't do the actual testing, but Prime told me that the buffered CG combo didn't really work and took it off the list.

Whenever I did it to TUSM, he would footstool out. (Sometimes he'd jump out entirely, but I was probably doing it wrong in those cases.)

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
I guess. I didn't do the actual testing, but Prime told me that the buffered CG combo didn't really work and took it off the list.

Whenever I did it to TUSM, he would footstool out. (Sometimes he'd jump out entirely, but I was probably doing it wrong in those cases.)

Most of the actual testing is done on wifi :p

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
.....? He tests the CGs in Debug Mode.

Unless you were kidding, in which case..... I don't get it. :urg:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah, I tested the cgs in debug mode. There's no guaranteed dthrow cg for Dedede because he can footstool out at random percents. It's weird... :/ It also applies to Snake.

PZ

Smash Lord
Pikas post vids this pika noob without wifi or tournament acess needz to learnz! Btw I dont wanna critique cuz anything I say will most likely be stupid.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Team videos

Hey Pikas, I just wanted to make a separate thread to put team matches/combos in. This thread can be specifically for doubles so people can pick them out easier. If you want this to just be in Volt tackle vids then that is fine...

Also, I will be uploading my new team matches (Whenever I get more) onto

http://www.youtube.com/teamamanandhisrat

A separate channel from my main channel

http://www.youtube.com/imESAM

Should we make a thread just for Pikachu mains' youtube channels to subscribe to?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Merging this into the vid thread. Doubles replays can go in VTV or the doubles thread. :p

Separate threads for vids are allowed only if there're multiple sets of exceptional quality (like the ones Anther posts from time to time).

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I finally bring my bad Pikachu here! Yay! ♥ *cough*
In order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_WN9_Y4Cvs
Lol at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQbuUlifUeI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ABu-KI3R4

any general advice/crit is VERY APPRECIATED/NEEDED by this scrub. You can see how inconsistent I am as a player. I'm also sorry for how short these are. Neither of us have hacks so.....
I use d-air so much ;-; I'm a bit embarrassed now.

Edit: My friend and I have noticed that for some reason link three redirects you to the first video. I dont know why.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I"m sure I copypasta'd them wrong when I put the links up in my thread or something.

Here they are and working, at least for me.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQbuUlifUeI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ABu-KI3R4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_WN9_Y4Cvs
My crewmate plays a really good samus.

You can watch my videos on youtube to get an idea of how I handle samus's. Its at www.youtube.com/shadowcase

Pikachu's U-air totally destroys a lot of samus air to ground recoveries. Getting REAL close to samus in the air while avoiding d-airs will most likely win you the game.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Thank you Ldpk! I will try to use more up-air!

PZ

Smash Lord

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Critique and put vid up on archive plz.

Pikachu(ThaOriginChu) vs Mario(Karatkickz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31HVmxJAcvA
Dont mess with me when im chuing.
I like the fact that Mario rolled backwards on the last life... It was like "screw it, I give up..." ^_^.

In Other News

This is a match from HERB 3 that I recently came back from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FUG2vv8Z4 *NEW*

***EDit: Fully uploaded.***

It's a keeper (at least for me).

"How could North Carolina suck so bad to let so many DK's get so good?!!"
--by a random out-of-state Brawler at Herb 3, who I overheard

NC pride ya'll. NC pride.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh man..... I said I'd do better with critiques and utterly failed at that. x.x

I'll try to get to some soon. I didn't completely forget.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
You annihilated that Dk.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend

I like the fact that Mario rolled backwards on the last life... It was like "screw it, I give up..." ^_^.

In Other News

This is a match from HERB 3 that I recently came back from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FUG2vv8Z4 *NEW*

***EDit: Fully uploaded.***

It's a keeper (at least for me).

"How could North Carolina suck so bad to let so many DK's get so good?!!"
--by a random out-of-state Brawler at Herb 3, who I overheard

NC pride ya'll. NC pride.
d*** ldpk doing work. reminds me of my playstyle lol

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
d*** ldpk doing work. reminds me of my playstyle lol
You shouldn't be surprised.

Didn't i play you (wifi) like EONS ago (2 years ago when I was still sorta scrub) and say,
"Dude! You love thunder?! I loves thunder toos! I wanna be just like you!" *Makes Stealth altar*

And after the wifi's you said,
"You have potential. In due time, young grasshopper, you will be a fine thunder-pika...."

Me (with silent tears of joy):
"Really? REALLY?! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" *runs off into horizon* "I wont dissappoint you!"

And that's how it went.

.... (half-j/k with silly exaggeration)...

... but you get the idea. ^_^

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Critique and put vid up on archive plz.

Pikachu(ThaOriginChu) vs Mario(Karatekickz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SgqplGfk5w
Omg i got lucky.
Critique first one pls?
Oh, other than the fact that you both suicided first stock (>:O), the match was entertaining.

The Good:

Nice air to ground airdodges into u-tilt juggle. Nice thunder boom glitch, I'll have to remember that (and try that offstage ^_^).

The Critique:

-It felt at times (again) that you really didn't "WATCH" what mario was "doing" (you seemed to only notice where mario generally was), which is fine and all when it works (don't get me wrong), but it'll cost you tomorrow and down the road against better players.

-Even against that mario, you lost 1 stock from just "running" straight into his f-air spike. You knew he was recovering and in the air, but you didn't "see" that move coming, and that move take like a full second to come out (so how could you not see the spike coming?). You could have airdodged the spike easily at that point if you noticed it. That's my point.

-I also noticed that (maybe its just me thinking into it too much but) it seems that you always have to be attacking in some way shape or form at any one point in time. WHen the guy was far away, you always rushed to him; when the guy was on the ledge, you often ran and u-smash and missed (even though he hasn't gotten up yet (if it was mindgame, then space it slower). Defense, spacing, and baiting are very REAL part of the game and it is a MUST against some top players--learn to do that well.

-Don't do too much b-air (if you land lagging or miss with it). Mix it up, and occasionally fast fall to the ground, so you can do more u-air juggles or grab shenanegans on the ground before your opponent reaches the ground.

All in all, I took things away from that video that i may use in the future. But you need learn how to take a breather sometimes in the middle of battle. Let the opponent come close. Le the opponent make his first moves (instead of you), and show that you can creme him either way. ^_^

Best the best.

--LDPK

PS.
My vid is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FUG2vv8Z4
^_^
That first stock...lol
Good **** as always LDPK :D
indeed and i am proud of you my son *tear
Thanks guys for the uplifting comments on my match. ^_^

PZ

Smash Lord
Sorry I could do it like you said but yea I really didnt see the spike. Playing like I do now cuz my friend doesnt want play some1 who plays " gay" he says weird stuff like every1 but low tiers and some mid tiers suck. He killz himself whenever I camp or something else. Like I said in the wario mu re-ducuss thread all I got are cpus.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Aw, you got a johnner for a friend, that sucks.

Have you checked your region's social forum? You might be able to find people close to you to Brawl with. There're a few people from GA who post here in the Pika forum, but I dunno GA that well, so I'm not sure how close you are to them....

Top Bottom