• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Kloz and Prime, if u dont know Mikel is best pika in spain. I asked him to post his stuff here cuz hes pretty good imo. he has some nice demos of qac lock and stuff, def worth putting in the demo section at the beginning of this thread.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
yeah man. i really like how he plays so fast, i want to incorporate that speed into my game

J4pu

Smash Champion
that DDD fails, there's this thing called SDI
I would have liked to see how well miquel could control the QAC lock against a character actively trying to get out of it with SDI

it was still good on his part though.

syphin38

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ya7k1-_VBw

ok so I had a good pika but then I started getting to predictable from playing the same people over and over again.... so I quit pika for a little while and tried to learn wario... wario is cool and all and he's definently my secondary... but pika will always be my main... anyway I played the best kid at my college yesterday and got pwned I've come to these boards for a while now but never posted anything.... so what's up guys! all you pika players are beasts! and hopefully y'all can help me get my pika back!

syphin38

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ya7k1-_VBw

ok so I had a good pika but then I started getting to predictable from playing the same people over and over again.... so I quit pika for a little while and tried to learn wario... wario is cool and all and he's definently my secondary... but pika will always be my main... anyway I played the best kid at my college yesterday and got pwned I've come to these boards for a while now but never posted anything.... so what's up guys! all you pika players are beasts! and hopefully y'all can help me get my pika back!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i noticed you try QAC -> fair -> grab. landing any aerial after QAC has some very large lag, hitting a grab after that is almost impossible unless they just stand there. also be careful about recovering onto stage, a few times he just stood there and you landed right in front of him. if an opponent gives you room, just get onto the ledge and get up onto the stage

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
any landed fair, it just cant be after QAC. if you jump from QAC, it stores the landing lag of QA, and applies it when you land. you can delay it by tjolting out of jump, but it still stores it for later. best to either land from qac, or if you jump, tjolt out of it and find a safe time to get the lag out.

syphin38

Smash Rookie
ok cool thanks! so I was talking with my friend and he said that I need more ways to approach cause all I do is qac or fair... what options do I have to choose from to change things up?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah that was another thing, you didnt approach well. approaching is sorta a hard thing to figure out with pikachu (its on of his weak points). i recomend reading the guide and watching vids of other pikachus and see how they approach. jumping around them to bait attacks to punish can work well. the DK was just waiting for your inevitable approach and tried to punish you. try to figure out what he is using to punish you and when he is doing it, and react accordingly. run up just outside his range, jump over his attack and punish it. anything to force him to make that first move, and use your speed to punish it.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
I like the new layout! yep yone is the best in japan.. but shawa is more entertaining i think. but i think he quit.. Yone added me on MSN.. and he does speak english really well.

When you have time.. put this match up.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YA9df-AFI

This is my pika level atm.. not the greatest but im geting a little better..
*needs to stop playing modern warfare2*

syphin38

Smash Rookie
alright so I need to work on aproaching.... and not land ariels after qac....

so what else do I need to work on? I know there is more haha

J4pu

Smash Champion
too much dsmash, he was consistently getting out quickly and punishing you
too much charging of smash attacks (when you successfully predict an airdodge it's cool and all but your predictions were wrong like 90% of the time and you kept getting punished)
too much tjolt while close to your opponent.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Since I don't really know the matchup either, the one thing I can say about it is
1. Get the pikmin off with nair. IT doesn't matter if it diminishes, itll still get olimar off the level.
2. When you fair combo when olimar is 80+, use nair instead of u-tilt. THunder will rarely kill in this MU because of the whistle. Nair gets him off the level and sets up for a potential edgeguard.

That's all I could really tell. Sorry stealth!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
really? i expected more of you esam O.o oh well, it still helps. thunder will go before whistle at 120ish, but yeah i need to use less utilt at times, and less dsmash. so many things to work on wueogrbat

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
D-smash is fine, its a safe punish. You don't need to get big punishes every time because they aren't guaranteed. Small punishes are better than missing a big punish.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah i know, i just want to mix in some other things other then just dsmash ftw. i want to be able to realise when i can use something else other then dsmash, and then dsmash only if i have no other option. i used to use utilt a whole lot, and after my hiatus im like DSMASSSSSSSSSSSH

altairian

Smash Lord
I've noticed that a lot of pikas are dsmashing more lately. Even if they DI out it still does 5-10% and unless they tech, gives you a chance to chase after and juggle or tech chase depending where their DI sent them.

Also uair gets pikmin off just as well as nair does, so I'd say it's the better option.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
nair>uair to get 'em off

I can't remember the health on pikmin but I'm pretty sure they have more HP than what a uair can put out. Plus nair lasts longer so it works better as a "shield" to help you stay mobile. If you were to use uair you'd have to do it constantly. I don't think uair can take care of pikmin attached to pika's tummy either. Could be wrong about that one though.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
purples **** pikachu though, i get rid of them when i have the chance, unless you know an easy way around tossed purples. purples are easily his best pikmin against us imo

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Updated. Finally got some vids of FOW vs Z. One thing I noticed in these Pika vs Ness matches is that you guys don't take advantage of the grab release. Abuse it!

Top Bottom