• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne N2C Thread: Regular casual meetups for Brawl/Melee/Smash 64

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Bump since this topic needs it :O

So, theres only 2 weeks away till summer smash. I was hoping that maybe some smash gatherings could be arranged on a spare weekend. (Cant do anything this saturday, but im free sunday and next weekend.) Really out of practice atm, and the only way I think I'll be able to shape up again is by playing everyone in a smash fest or something haha.

Unfortunately I'm flat out with work right now, so only my weekends are free. Although I'm willing to travel out if it means getting some games in.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Dean has meets of just me jei and khoa on weekend afternoons sometimes. Maybe he can host something before summersmash? Jei and khoa would get more teams practice and dean would get some practice too.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ah I see. I'm keen for anything next weekend. I have a 21st tomorrow and mums birthday this weekend, so I cant really make plans for this weekend. (its too short notice anyway)

But I guess we'll see what others think first, although its only me so i cant offer much of a challenge unfortunately lol.

earla

Smash Lord
robsta was gona donate a crt to ninecat internetcafe.

whats ur mobile no ledge.?

Splice

Smash Hero
this thread should actually be closed, in honour of how N2C "used to be cool"

I don't think we're having meets there again hey :p

Now for the dawn of a new age; more smash meets at houses!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I was thinking of making a new thread as well, since i dont think conor will be coming back anytime soon to update the thread anyway.

Eh I'll make a new one when shaya pops on or something. Get this thread locked and start a new one.

I'm kinda in for more house meets as well. N2c was getting too expensive for me anyway on top of transport and food. I'd host some meets myself, but in my current location, it wouldn't suit anyone anyway. (Not close to anyone at all or near public transport.)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
maybe make a brawl based meet thread/change the title to the brawl meet thread? idk aye, maybe the brawl equiv of my biweekly thread :p

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
have you guys considered the john curtain hotel in carlton? it's where the monthly for couch warriors used to be. it's i nice cosy and quiet spot and light on the tv is no issue at all

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yes we can do weekends except early on saturdays (we have school sport -_- ). we can do fridays late if sebs not lazy - we're already in the fb group lol :D and we live in south Melbourne :]

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yes we can do weekends except early on saturdays (we have school sport -_- ). we can do fridays late if sebs not lazy - we're already in the fb group lol :D and we live in south Melbourne :]
My school made me do that as swell -_-. Thank god I don't have to go anymore lol.

Deans having something on, but hes probably already full.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Someone should host for Friday or Saturday.

I should be able to host something small Friday(tomorrow) or if not then Saturday if anyone is keen.

Or we should go to the Mana Bar for some drinks or something. I haven't been there yet and want to check it out.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I think it's already been established that Dean is already hosting something Brawl-related this weekend but is probs full by now.

Manabar sucks unless you want to spend $300 to get drunk and play party games on broken controllers. SF4, Brawl and Castle Crashers are the only fun games there (and some pretty cool race-to-the-finish game on xbox that I can never remember the name of) and even then the fun is very minimal.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
I think it's already been established that Dean is already hosting something Brawl-related this weekend but is probs full by now.

Manabar sucks unless you want to spend $300 to get drunk and play party games on broken controllers. SF4, Brawl and Castle Crashers are the only fun games there (and some pretty cool race-to-the-finish game on xbox that I can never remember the name of) and even then the fun is very minimal.
It's the holidays, we should be having lots and lots of meets.
didn't really expect to play games much anyway, also don't have to drink much. What about drinks at a cheap bar and then go there afterwards? Is the atmosphere there any good though?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Not holidays for everyone, I'm pretty much a full-time cook at kfc now =P.(on casual, but I'm the only daytimer left atm that knows how to cook lol)

Might be keen to do something sat, but then ill be too tired for Deans meet. Hmmm.... ill think about it today.

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
bump

so there's this sick 64 player called jousuke who's coming to australia in june/july. my friend and i are thinking of sponsoring another 1-4 reputable 64 players down with him, so we can make a tournament out of it (isai, jaimehr, alancitu, s2j? lovage? etc)

but before we do we were wondering if there is already a smash tournament happening around that time? i am not good at navigating the aus regional zone on smash boards. if there isn't, maybe we could make one? i'm sure isai would play some melee, if not we could maybe host a guy who plays both, like s2j or lovage or something

cheers

Dekar289

Smash Hero
copy paste that post into a new thread in main aus forum
isai, s2j, lovage will have everyone psyched

cosmos406

Smash Rookie
Is this still happening, I am really new to the smash competitive scene and would like to join in on something casual like this.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Is this still happening, I am really new to the smash competitive scene and would like to join in on something casual like this.
This is quite an old thread, your best bet is joining the facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/253413668003243/

Or you can also post in this thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/vic-melbourne-meetups-and-socialness-earl-is-coming-back.337330/

They're the most current and best ways to get into casual meets. But there's no need to start with casual meets, tournaments are perfect for brand new players and veterans alike who play any smash game. There's one coming up this sunday and the event is on facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/572798922832477

Or the thread for it is here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/vic-2014-slhq-13th-july-tba.319062/

Top Bottom