• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
Nah its cool bro we all Aussies (well for the most part) also for that I meant like know personally I've seen some people at the connection tour but didn't know where they ended up like CAOTIC lol.

Oh well i would get a GC controller but i would need to get use to the controls and stuff i might do it for the next one not this one because i wouldn't be used to it to be able to comfortable use my mains which is like nine lols

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
you can use the wiimote, but things just generally run smoother i reckon with the GC controller. looking forward to playing you.
Yeah I do too but i only gots the wii mote and nunchuk also how many wiis and TV are we gonna have? I'm pumped too, it will be very nice to fight more than one person who doesn't just camp and spam, but mostly to improve myself. Also i'm under intense training except for next mon,tue and wed cause of camp *tear*

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
There's one problem with the ladder. Some ppl will never get any points even if they wanted to...like Jei. He's one of Melb's best, if not the best, and hes number 1 on the ladder. Do you think anyone will challenge him? He can't challenge anyone either.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
There's one problem with the ladder. Some ppl will never get any points even if they wanted to...like Jei. He's one of Melb's best, if not the best, and hes number 1 on the ladder. Do you think anyone will challenge him? He can't challenge anyone either.
because no one wants to touch jei :o. perhaps he's already emitting some sort of leet aura that people feel they must avoid!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's cus he needs to climb up the ranks before he can get close enough to challenging J

Everence

Smash Apprentice
i think only those within 10 places of you can challenge you. in this case i think that with the SA and WA ladders a recently registered player can challenge #1 simply because of the lack of numbers in comparison with the other states.

and shaz, you're not even on the ladder any more are you? go re-register lol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Tak I use Ryu like I do in every other SF game. Just the character I loved since I was a kid.
Also I don't believe I deserve any kind of props for being the first to register =\

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Oh i think i misunderstood again how the ladder works...again. So every time you vs someone above you and win, you move up. So does that mean that there are no consequences of losing if u challenge a higher player and lose. What's the point of keeping track of how wins and losses u have?

I was worried for Jei and thought that he would never get any points since he couldnt challenge anyone lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The only way for a person to get the no.1 spot is to beat Jei. They would probably have to be number 2 or 3 or osmething to have them switch.

But as Jei hasn't had many matches played (i.e. if the first match he has he loses) he can easily be moved down the ladder. But someone does have to beat him first.

Also, only top 8 counts. If you're in the top 8 that's all the matters.
If you really want to be pro you'll want to be in the top 4. There is no higher echelon advantage for being ranked any higher than 4th.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm not ganna bother registering - CBF to play many matches just to be able to play someone who registered before me :|. Were the person who made that ladder half intelligent they'd tie first place while everyone's 0 - 0 considering consequences for your current rank. That said Jei is a good player so not too poo-poo him.

Regardless however not registering means no seeding if I understand correctly - and that in itself means I get to vs the highest ranked players off the bat come the actual event :D.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
not really shaz, you'd vs all the newbs first to get into the finals bracket where all the ladder pros are

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Final 8 bracket for the State Qualifier will consist of the top 4 GG ladder players and 4 wildcards who have placed highest in the Open bracket.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Won't the state qualifier have it's own seeding?

Final 8 bracket for the State Qualifier will consist of the top 4 GG ladder players and 4 wildcards who have placed highest in the Open bracket.
Are the top 4 GG ladder people excluded from state qualifiers? Might make them a bit bland in smaller states.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
lol, wow that sounds like alot of work cbf registering too

Also Cronos Rainbow are you Shaz? I think I saw your Ike at the connection tour, yeah I still got the video of that last match where I saw CAO, Jei , You and iono who that last guy is but his falco was so smart lol he kept getting the smash ball.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ok everybody who missed tonight's Out of Controller launch missed out bigtime! But not to worry, I took photos, and the exhibition is open for 2-3 weeks. They serve nintendo themed cocktails and have a gaming lounge on the 1st floor, so maybe we could have a smash'dfest there and a brawlfest too? Zan and J are checking out tomorrow

Official photography by me:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27651720@N04/

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Dekar - then the top 8 will feel very ashamed when I mash them into mushy poop piles xD

Paladinight - yup I'm Shaz :). That Falco player was Cobalt (Suntan Luigi on smashboards). He's the cheap one who abuses top tiers and OP final smashes xD.
Haha nah but really...he's quite obviously an outstanding player and significantly crafty to boot :)

_X_

Smash Lord
Since Chris so gracefully gave me the powah to name the T.V's the names will be as follows in order of priority

1. The T.V Formally Know As; Row Row Fight The Powah (TFKARRFTP)

2. Row Row, Fight The Powah (RRFTP)

3. THE X Crew

4. Devil And IceK Ghey Sexy (DIGS)

5. Do It fa6got

Say tuned for moar.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sonic dittos are the worst. So fast yet so very slow.
How about some kind of meet before next weekend? I need me some training. I played last night for the first time in a while and it just felt wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom