• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I asked before and I'll ask again. Why are Bridge of Eldin and Big Blue allowed?
The first one splits the stage in half where opponents wait on either side. It's time consuming. Also that f-zero level has done nothing to become legal from the switch of Melee to Brawl.

Edit: That new system sounds not too bad.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I asked before and I'll ask again. Why are Bridge of Eldin and Big Blue allowed?
The first one splits the stage in half where opponents wait on either side. It's time consuming. Also that f-zero level has done nothing to become legal from the switch of Melee to Brawl.
Eldin - it's only time consuming if it breaks the lime limit - that has never been an issue for us. 99% of our matches finish within the 7 minute time limit. The other 1% involves Sam.
Big Blue - Melee =/= Brawl. Based on that alone precedents are allowed in Brawl, especially since there is less reliance needed on traditional/open stages where you could perform complex technical movements. There is really no reason why Big Blue shouldn't be allowed - It is playable on an aerial basis and has it own unique character specific advantages.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Big Blue is a fine counter pick level. It's most dangerous for fast fallers and for those with opponents that have fastish down sending moves.

You can't camp on the stage, and there are no hazards that can't be unforseen. It's a perfectly fine level. Especially if you think that Rainbow Ride is legal.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Aero Dive is a good counter stage. While it is very painful to get hit by the cars, they can be seen in the background at most times. There are two points they may come that may take you by surprise but this is not much different from the Klaptraps on Japes.
Bridge of Eldin hasn't resulted in match length being an issue so far, and camping on opposite sides is not forced at all. Furthermore the stage is a decent counter pick against some of the more heavily used characters, and has its place in the line-up.
Big Blue Okay it's been handled.

I'm not certain about the two stock best of 5 suggestion as it works out more time consuming. If people heavily back the idea though it can be considered.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
2 Stock and Aero Dive?
lol
anyway i'm able to hold a meet at my place on saturday if anyone is interested (I'll post up details if there is enough interest, Melee <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK, I have an announcement to make (Sorry for jumping the gun Shaz, but I know you support this in any capacity, so I will do as much as can to ensure it doesn't get in your way):

The next Ranbat will be re-introducing Melee.

How is this going to work? Listen up, listen good.

We need a bare minumum of 5 TV's to run things easily on schedule with Brawl. This is judged by last month's fluid organisation and a turnout of 40+ people. Any additional TV's can be reserved for Melee. Zan has just bought 3 extra TVs for CouchWarriors using the money saved through the CW funds, so we can probably expect to see all 3 TVs dedicated for Smash (Melee or Brawl). Of course, it is still critical that the community supplies TVs or else we'll be stuck in a worser position than before, and we won't be able to get Melee off the ground.

But I have confidence we are now resourced and manned up enough to work both games into the schedule. For this month will have a 16-player cap for Melee. This comes on a first-come-first served basis through these forums. I will be making a list here. I would like to keep the Melee number pinned down to this size for time being, until we know we have the capacity to expand and also get the reassurance the demand still exists in a large volume (If it does, we will keep Melee and Brawl as separate events in the future).

The Melee tourney will be guided by myself - once it has kicked off, I will be calling out Melee matches to be played. Players also have this responsibility, but they first must make sure that they play Melee matches only after just finishing a Brawl match, or have been eliminated. Brawl matches must take precedence over Melee. Thus, a Melee match will only be called out when I have decided that they will not slow down the Brawl schedule. To be effective in implementing this, Melee singles will start the moment teams start (6pm onwards), since teams requires less TV's and the large crowd would have fizzled come dinnertime.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tournament format: Singles, Seeded Single Elimination, MLG ruleset
4 stock, 8 minute time limit, Best of 3 (for all matches), no items
Random set to: FD, BF, DL64, FOD, YS, PS
Banned list: refer to MLG ruleset
All other rules follow MLG ruleset guidelines.

Smash Schedule (September Ranbat)
2.00pm - 7.00pm Brawl Singles
6.00pm - 9.00pm Brawl Teams
6.30pm - 9.00pm Melee Singles (subject to reaching a bare minmum of 6 TVS)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well this is new.

I'm still leaning towards 3 stock because of a lot of the obvious reasons, but I think I'll be keeping my eye on how this pans out.

Never know what could happen.
And yay for Melee.

_X_

Smash Lord
I JUST NOW put on Melee and from within the first 5 minutes you can see the MASSIVE differences in tech skill between this and Brawl.

I'm amazed at how fast you have to be... It's pretty intense and I'm only in training mode (with FAIL NO C-STICK ALLOWED)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I'll sign up for melee, also i'll post up the details for my meet later (be a good time to practice melee :)), if people are interested post it here or talk over MSN if i am on

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
mmmmmm depending on whether the saints get in the GF or not I'll be in Melbourne, if not then I'll b ther next yr mid jan for my 21st and some family wedding the week after (so i'll be ther for almost 2 weeks) ..... YAY <3

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I dont mind if we lose, wasn't expecting much for the year anyone let alone 4th spot (seriously wtf?!?!?!?) Geelong are playing such sexy footy it's hard to not love them atm <3

and misses davey's huggles wubwub <3

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'll sign up for Melee. :D
I WISH. WHERE'S FREDDO FFS!!?!?? D: <<<<

I think that's good that you're doing it like that...
Putting a limit on how many will play Melee and such.
Hmm... thinking like that, I'm wondering if the tournament up here will fail or not.
o:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Oh yeah Sign me up for melee but if you find it reaches the 16 player cap and there are still people wanting to join, take me out because I'm not THAT keen on playing. Replace me with someone more willing. I'm happy with just watching (because we all know watching melee is still better than playing brawl *cough*)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yup, everyone's welcome. Invite your friends too.

In other news the GOtGames Ladders are now open, you're welcome to start challenging each other now.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well you can challenge as many times as you want, but there's an immunity the defender has so that people can stop picking on them for a small space of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom