• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
You leave me alone Cobalt! YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!

I wanna watch a movie with all of you sometime this week. Just an outing, thinking The Mummy or Harold and Kumar. Who's interested?

Probably be Thursday or Friday night, Knox city *drools* or Melbourne Central. Feedback on my idea. I DEMAND FEEDBACK

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
How come I can't challenge anyone I want? On the ladder I can't seem to challenge Jei (lol), Zan and a few others.

Suggestion: Since no one here would want to play their matches online (assumingly), then we should have the challenge matches at the monthlies. Maybe we could replace it with Brawl teams or something.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You can only verse 10 places above you, or something similar to that. It's to get bottom tiered people working up the ladder rather than trying to verse the best right off the bat. It makes me wonder if the concept will work in the long run.

Depending on my calendar you can expect me at Melbourne Central if you're going there.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
You leave me alone Cobalt! YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!

I wanna watch a movie with all of you sometime this week. Just an outing, thinking The Mummy or Harold and Kumar. Who's interested?

Probably be Thursday or Friday night, Knox city *drools* or Melbourne Central. Feedback on my idea. I DEMAND FEEDBACK

how about tropic thunder? =)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
The Mummy is a bit disappointing. It's OK, but not as good as the first two. I recommend Harold and Kumar, even though it, too, isn't as good as its predecessor, it's still hilarious.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Hey I only recntly found out about this topic, can I please join? If you need it my location is Ascot Vale.
Your on my side of town, we'll have to get together for a few matches.

Also i should be at this monthly if im not working.

@blazey: getting some new wheels in the next week or two, when i do ill pop in =)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
^ I keep meaning to send you a message but always forget. Anyway, I got my P's. Car can't go long distance but that's getting fixed soon and when it does I can drive around to your place some time.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
The ladder matches can't be held at monthlies because the matches all have to be scheduled, and the outcomes impact on whether you can be challenged by x player and so on (no not _X_ xD). All the same I'm against the idea of losing our teams event in favour of this.
One thing I dislike about the ladder is the fact that even when everyone has 0-0 they are ranked by something? Kinda means right off the bat things seem biased...
Anyhow...sadly it appears the ability to play ladder challenge matches will be rather limited without a lot of individual effort as only limited matches can be scheduled for the time period of the monthly event, not to mention time limitations :\.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the most gotgames matches scheduled for one monthly would be like 8

there is plenty of time for 8 matches are brawl singles and teams is completed

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yeah I was gonna say that it wouldn't really take up that much time since not everyone joined the ladder so we wouldn't have to get rid of anything.

If your first on the ladder does that mean you can't play anyone since ur only allowed to vs ppl above u? *confused*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We need to start holding weekely or bi-weekly smashfests to get our ladders working for us offline folk. I'm #20 and Ice K is #15. I need to challenge that ***** when X has his smashfest this week, rite? ;)

X set a date for your smashfest, bring Ice K to it and let me beat him!!!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The GG ladder is gonna be really lame for a rural guy like myself xD

Um, bi-weekly smashfests would be hotness, but what sort of day would you be thinking for such an event? The CW events on a Sunday make it lame-ish for myself. But something more Saturday-like would be awesome. I finish my final year of Uni in October, so that'll be awesome to the max.

I'm sure it won't take long for myself to get put back in my place though, #9th ranking after being 9th to join won't last.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's not lame if you challenge people that want to use wi-fi connection

J, the Nintendo Artwork exhibit thing is opening this Wednesday, why don't you organise something around that ~ your movie idea isnt so hot right now

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah I realise, I guess I'll just drop it for now.
I've been playing alot of DDR and Street Fighter IV lately, maybe a Galactic Circus meet? lulz
and N2C is always good, maybe even get some scheduled challenges out of the way for some people.

But whatever, I just wanna see Dekar tbh. I miss that guy.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
saying ddr, then saying galactic circus is silly, fail ddr is there
id go for bhill (smash at mine? lol, need tvs tho pls <3)

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Oh Noes, just recieved a fine in the mail today for speeding on the great alpine road..... most likely due to too much speed car lol.
I thought Nancy was the only one that got caught :(

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
hey guys new to the melbourne smash scene and smash it self after weeks of practice (I'm still not good lol) and after my friends proving time and time again that they will never get past their current level of skill, maybe one can but thats it i'ma go to as many of these as I can so I can get better.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sweet dude, just follow the information provided on the first post of this thread for all the main details. See you at the tournament!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You better remind Ice K that I challenged him - he needs to accept or I take his place <3

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Lol dude are you being sarcastic or not.

Also CAOTIC I went to the connection tour in southland but um, I've been trying to find you guys after and I couldn't and I wouldn't have expected to find you on the forums that I go to *thinks about how stupid he was for not looking in his own forums*

Yeah for BYO controller can we get special settings or not because if not ima have to practice with default settings, just wanna be prepared. =3

Everence

Smash Apprentice
i think he means controller configurations. if in that case, yes i suppose people could allow you time to set them up before your matches begin, obviously don't take too long :p

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
aww ****ing sweet dude i just need to change the d-pad on my wii mote to match the c-stick so i can do DACUS and reverse hyphen smash and boost grabbing (still working on this though) . I'll just grab my name and transfer it to the wii, would that be quicker?

If your gonna ask i don't really like the the way the jump buttons and special button is placed on the GC controller so i'm not gonna get it.

CAOTIC I would like to bring my TV but my parents won't let me sorry I tried

icek

Smash Cadet
We need to start holding weekely or bi-weekly smashfests to get our ladders working for us offline folk. I'm #20 and Ice K is #15. I need to challenge that ***** when X has his smashfest this week, rite? ;)

X set a date for your smashfest, bring Ice K to it and let me beat him!!!
challenge accepted(no thanks to X for telling me)

also for an added bonus ill money match u if u play wolf????

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I dunno, for a challenge to work you would logically need to lodge the challenge on the online ladder, correct? So wouldn't it be impossible to challenge 10 people in one go.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
aww ****ing sweet dude i just need to change the d-pad on my wii mote to match the c-stick so i can do DACUS and reverse hyphen smash and boost grabbing (still working on this though) . I'll just grab my name and transfer it to the wii, would that be quicker?

If your gonna ask i don't really like the the way the jump buttons and special button is placed on the GC controller so i'm not gonna get it.

CAOTIC I would like to bring my TV but my parents won't let me sorry I tried
generally i think ranbat encourages the use of GC controls because they're alot easier and faster to set-up than wiimotes (rather than desynching and resynching the controls all the time)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah ladder challenges are subject to scheduling on the ladder prior to the matches happening. Additionally results will change the ranking so you couldn't just have them all at once and update over several days :\

PS Paladinight good to see you found your way here. Sorry if my post on Ike boards was a bit harsh - I'm very direct - just the person I am ><. Look forward to seeing you at future events :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom